Official Packer vs Seattle Studs n Duds

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Takeaways:

-The OL is going to be just fine as long as injuries don't pile up. Evans was solid and Murphy was not a disaster. This may have been their stiffest test all season.

-The coverage looked better, but we won't know for sure until we play a line that can protect. We all saw Mike Daniels save a long touchdown with pressure. We have to remember that they were playing against a garbage unit.

-Martinez and Ryan both looked like they've taken a step forward. I also thought that Fackrell had some productive snaps despite half the board calling him trash.

-Lacy found out what it's like to play behind a terrible line. Lol.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs....Daniels.....Perry

I was really pissed at Bennett for that personal foul, but he made up for it with that catch.

Did I really only see one screen pass called by the Packers ?
I know what you are saying, but I liked the fact that he backed up his QB. That is another sign connection between the TE and QB.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Takeaways:

-The OL is going to be just fine as long as injuries don't pile up. Evans was solid and Murphy was not a disaster. This may have been their stiffest test all season.

-The coverage looked better, but we won't know for sure until we play a line that can protect. We all saw Mike Daniels save a long touchdown with pressure. We have to remember that they were playing against a garbage unit.

-Martinez and Ryan both looked like they've taken a step forward. I also thought that Fackrell had some productive snaps despite half the board calling him trash.

-Lacy found out what it's like to play behind a terrible line. Lol.

This coming weekend I guess we'll find out how much the defense has improved.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Marty commented on his penalty, he said something like "he has the backs of all his teammates". Not sure about the rest of you, but Marty can be my wingman any day!

Not sure if he will do something like that again if the game is on the line, he seems like a pretty intelligent guy and might hold up if he feels like it could let his teammates down.

I love what he did, when he did it. The league might let him know how much it cost him to be a good teammate, but I am sure he is fine with that too.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This coming weekend I guess we'll find out how much the defense has improved.

Hopefully the combination of improvement for GB and regression for ATL can lead to a win, but I fear that the Falcons are going to be very hard to beat in their place with it being the first game in a new stadium. The team/crowd is going to be brimming with energy. But then, I didn't think there was a chance that the Chiefs would knock off New England in their house opening night.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marty commented on his penalty, he said something like "he has the backs of all his teammates". Not sure about the rest of you, but Marty can be my wingman any day!

Not sure if he will do something like that again if the game is on the line, he seems like a pretty intelligent guy and might hold up if he feels like it could let his teammates down.

I love what he did, when he did it. The league might let him know how much it cost him to be a good teammate, but I am sure he is fine with that too.

Good teammate my ***. It was just plain stupid. It wasn't like he had his QBs back over a dirty hit/play. He simply lost his damn mind over a defender simply trying to make a tackle. Oh the horror.

I'm seeing alot of people defending him by saying he just had his QBs back. And quite frankly it isn't true.

That's not having your teammates back. That's losing your cool over nothing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hopefully the combination of improvement for GB and regression for ATL can lead to a win, but I fear that the Falcons are going to be very hard to beat in their place with it being the first game in a new stadium. The team/crowd is going to be brimming with energy. But then, I didn't think there was a chance that the Chiefs would knock off New England in their house opening night.

I actually watched the Falcon-Bear game yesterday, or parts of it, knowing we were playing the Falcons this coming week. Either the Bears defense is pretty good, the Falcons offense regressed or the more likely scenario.....Falcons came out flat thinking this game was a gimme.

If the Falcons were coming to GB, I would make the Packers the favorite. But the Packers have the unfortunate "honor" of opening that new stadium and it is going to be bonkers. The Falcons are going to be hungry and motivated after almost getting beat by Da Bears, Packers are going to have to almost play flawless football to beat them on Sunday.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Good teammate my ***. It was just plain stupid. It wasn't like he had his QBs back over a dirty hit/play. He simply lost his damn mind over a defender simply trying to make a tackle. Oh the horror.

I'm seeing alot of people defending him by saying he just had his QBs back. And quite frankly it isn't true.

That's not having your teammates back. That's losing your cool over nothing.

Your opinion of "it isn't true" seems to be 180 of how most are viewing it.....why isn't it true?

Yeah, I guess Aaron Rodgers was just defending him by saying after the game....

“It meant a lot to me. It really did,” Rodgers said. “Anytime your teammates do something like that, it’s special. (It happened) twice last year with JC locking up Sendejo after I scored and he hit me, and then the whole team coming to my defense — especially Randall and Tae — right away in Tennessee.

“Those are moments you take with you for a long time. … I love Marty for doing that.”

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

“It meant a lot to me. It really did,” Rodgers said. “Anytime your teammates do something like that, it’s special. (It happened) twice last year with JC locking up Sendejo after I scored and he hit me, and then the whole team coming to my defense — especially Randall and Tae — right away in Tennessee.

“Those are moments you take with you for a long time. … I love Marty for doing that.”

Im shocked that Rodger's would say he's in favor of anything that would dissuade anyone from laying finger on him. Shocked I say. (You'd have an argument if it in any way was a dirty hit but it wasn't)

Unless you think it's OK for one of our guys to get in the defenders face every time someone lays a finger on Rodgers then it's still a huge no to people arguing he just had his back. It was just plain stupid. Trying to defend it is just having blinders on

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your opinion of "it isn't true" seems to be 180 of how most are viewing it.....why isn't it true?

Yeah, I was about to say going after Bennett for that is a little bit touchy considering what happened in the Tennessee game. Thing is I thought it was Davante Adams who knocked the guy off of Rodgers in that one.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im shocked that Rodger's would say he's in favor of anything that would dissuade anyone from laying finger on him. Shocked I say. (You'd have an argument if it in any way was a dirty hit but it wasn't)

Unless you think it's OK for one of our guys to get in the defenders face every time someone lays a finger on Rodgers then it's still a huge no to people arguing he just had his back. It was just plain stupid. Trying to defend it is just having blinders on

On the one hand, yes it was a bit undisciplined and did show shades of why MB has never really been regarded as an MVP with any team including the Bears when they really have not had much good to point to at TE since Greg Olsen left. On the other though, I like to see a bit of fire out of Tellus and him at least show he wants to get in Rodgers's corner along with the rest of the guys. I suspect Mike McCarthy had a little talk with him about that penalty behind closed doors though.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually watched the Falcon-Bear game yesterday, or parts of it, knowing we were playing the Falcons this coming week. Either the Bears defense is pretty good, the Falcons offense regressed or the more likely scenario.....Falcons came out flat thinking this game was a gimme.

If the Falcons were coming to GB, I would make the Packers the favorite. But the Packers have the unfortunate "honor" of opening that new stadium and it is going to be bonkers. The Falcons are going to be hungry and motivated after almost getting beat by Da Bears, Packers are going to have to almost play flawless football to beat them on Sunday.

Yeah, as I mentioned before I believe that was the Falcons' Jacksonville kind of game yesterday. Go to a bad team's house with not a lot of hype for the game and with us coming right up on em, it had trap game written all over it. I think they're going to be ready for us this one.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Agreed.

But on the balance of the season, significant regression is all but guaranteed for Atlanta. Historically, outlier scoring years like theirs are always follow by about a 4-6 point per game slide. And that's without factoring the loss of Shanahan. I personally think the Falcons will be in the neighborhood of 10 points worse per game than they were a year ago. That's extreme, but it's one of my few hot takes I've got going this season.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

How are you even trying to debate it wasn't a hit because Marty had AR's back? How are you saying what AR said about the hit is somehow incorrect or wrong? I'm not debating AR's words with you, those were his words.

This isn't about your opinion or my opinion of the hit, it's about the opinion of Marty's teammates and what he did. I just happen to agree with Rodgers feelings about it, as well as Marty's intention of it. I am guessing most of his teammates feel the same, as do most of the Packer fan comments I have read about it. If you want to think he was an undisciplined idiot that took a needless penalty, more power to you, but I think you are probably in the minority, unless you are a Seattle fan?

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are you even trying to debate it wasn't a hit because Marty had AR's back? How are you saying what AR said about the hit is somehow incorrect or wrong? I'm not debating AR's words with you, those were his words.

This isn't about your opinion or my opinion of the hit, it's about the opinion of Marty's teammates and what he did. I just happen to agree with Rodgers feelings about it, as well as Marty's intention of it. I am guessing most of his teammates feel the same, as do most of the Packer fan comments I have read about it. If you want to think he was an undisciplined idiot that took a needless penalty, more power to you, but I think you are probably in the minority, unless you are a Seattle fan?

Yes I must be a Seattle fan because I don't think a hit was dirty. You can do better then that. Dont know one person that has said they thought the hit was dirty. Haven't even read one post about someone thinking the hit was dirty. Actually many of the comments on the matter seem quite split. One side thinks it was stupid. The other side is choosing to gloss over it in favor of him having his QBs back despite nobody actually saying the hit was dirty

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they're going to be as bad as they looked against Chicago, but I don't think they'll be as good as last year either. I think they suffered from overlooking the bears a tad to prepare for GB coming to town to open their new stadium. I think we're going to do ok there myself :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Actually many of the comments on the matter seem quite split. One side thinks it was stupid.

Sources? You talking non-packer fan comments or Packer fan and player comments? In this case, I'm more interested in what his teammates think.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't dirty, as he lucked out and hit him in the back, but he clearly intended to go near the head on qb that was going down by wrapping himself up into a ball and launching.

Rodgers started his dive 4-5 yards before he made contact with him. His knee was already down when he did hit him, but not by much. So it wasn't dirty, but clearly taking a shot. I'm fine with what Bennett did.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Brooks is doing? He was in the concussion protocol wasn't he?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Does anyone know how Brooks is doing? He was in the concussion protocol wasn't he?

Silverstein said he was chatting with teammates and seemed pretty good after the game. He compared it to guys who just look dazed. Hopefully it's mild.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sources? You talking non-packer fan comments or Packer fan and player comments? In this case, I'm more interested in what his teammates think.

2 points.

1: What do you want them to say? "Yeah he lost his damn mind but we love him anyways"

2: People are allowed to have there own opinion on the matter

You can say "since his teammates didn't mind so I don't". That's fine.

But acting like this was some great thing because he was standing up for Rodgers only holds merit if you yourself think it was a dirty play. (Which I can't understand why one would)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I remember watching a Chargers game where Miller was being dirty and beating on Rivers after a play. None of the OL did anything about it. That was a real low point as a fan. I wanted every one of them cut the next day. Wusses.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't know why we're getting caught up in the was it or was it not a dirty play business. Whether it was dirty or not, it still sent a clear message to opposing teams that we aint getting down like that this season, so don't even try. But for the record, you don't dive head first into a quarterback that's conceding the play.

Yes, the shove did nothing to positively impact the game, and could have potentially impacted it negatively, but it didn't alter the result in this instance, and Marty won't find himself in that situation again. My first reaction was that I absolutely loved it, and fortunately it didn't bite us.

For me, I feel like this team has lacked some edge and moxie in recent time. I liked it. A lot.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't know why we're getting caught up in the was it or was it not a dirty play business. Whether it was dirty or not, it still sent a clear message to opposing teams that we aint getting down like that this season, so don't even try. But for the record, you don't dive head first into a quarterback that's conceding the play.

Yes, the shove did nothing to positively impact the game, and could have potentially impacted it negatively, but it didn't alter the result in this instance, and Marty won't find himself in that situation again. My first reaction was that I absolutely loved it, and fortunately it didn't bite us.

For me, I feel like this team has lacked some edge and moxie in recent time. I liked it. A lot.

Agreed. Rodgers comments said it all to me, this is the kind of teammate I would want on my team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts