Studs n duds Miami

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How about that Crosby??? 56 yarder!!! Meanwhile the young buck Joseph misses 2 FG's!!

WTG Mason!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about that Crosby??? 56 yarder!!! Meanwhile the young buck Joseph misses 2 FG's!!

WTG Mason!!

It's difficult kicking in GB at this time of year, due to the heating system under the turf. If you look at the field, you can see it's chewed up quite a bit. It's even had an enormous effect on the Vikings premiere WR, because his usual quick cuts have turned into slips, slowing him down.

You gotta smile, because it is what it is, when you play at Lambeau.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s about right I think. 47 in colder air. Maybe an extra 5 in a dome etc. That said, I’m probably not going to punt on a 49 yarder either. His moderate range all weather considered is about 50, for a game winner 55 max as he seems to get better under pressure.
Well, maybe 56 overall.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again Captain, you have your opinion, I have mine. There is more to football than PFF stats. In my opinion, it doesn't take much for an average football fan to watch Alexander this season and see that he is not playing as well as he did in previous seasons. There is more to his job than just defending a receiver and he doesn't do much of anything other than that. So you feel free to keep calling him a top CB, because I don't think at this point the Packers are getting what they paid for.
Honest question. Just what players in the NFL are giving teams what they paid for? I would be shocked if the highest paid player at each position for this season is actually the best player at their position this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Again Captain, you have your opinion, I have mine. There is more to football than PFF stats.

Of course there is. But you were the one who brought up the grades by PFF because you thought they would support your opinion about Alexander. Now you realize that they actually don't you question their credibility??? :rolleyes:

In my opinion, it doesn't take much for an average football fan to watch Alexander this season and see that he is not playing as well as he did in previous seasons. There is more to his job than just defending a receiver and he doesn't do much of anything other than that. So you feel free to keep calling him a top CB, because I don't think at this point the Packers are getting what they paid for.

Nobody is suggesting Alexander has performed at an elite level this season but he's definitely played better than you give him credit for.

He was outstanding shutting down

Captain just broke something!

Why would I do something like that on a great play for the Packers??? I didn't expect Crosby to make the kick but was extremely happy he did.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Of course there is. But you were the one who brought up the grades by PFF because you thought they would support your opinion about Alexander. Now you realize that they actually don't you question their credibility??? :rolleyes:
No, actually....you were the one that brought up the PFF stat of QBR rating when throwing against Alexander. I merely said that when I pulled up the PFF stats, Alexander was far down the 2nd page of CB's. So don't make things up please.

I didn't expect Crosby to make the kick
No you didn't did you. However, the coaches must have, which goes against everything you have been "reporting". Should we revisit your theory on the coaches having no confidence in Crosby's leg beyond 40 yards and how silly it was to think that?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted already, but what a complete dick move by Z-Dog.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted already, but what a complete dick move by Z-Dog.

You see….I can agree with you that this was a **** move. Because it was. But I’m not going to question his character the way some do about AR.

Not you. Just making a point. :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You see….I can agree with you that this was a **** move. Because it was. But I’m not going to question his character the way some do about AR.

Not you. Just making a point. :)
I've questioned AR's character, so no worries. I will continue to say that AR is one of THE most talented QB's that the NFL has seen, that has never been something I questioned. But let's not turn this into another AR thread. :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don’t think we have enough of them :p
Hell, I will fess up on another topic, 5 weeks ago I was hoping the Packers would play Jordan Love and other backups, since the season looked all but over. Now if they lose next week or in the first week of the playoffs, I will probably revolve back to that wish, but this 4 game run has been fun to watch.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL....is THAT hat for real or photoshopped?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No, actually....you were the one that brought up the PFF stat of QBR rating when throwing against Alexander. I merely said that when I pulled up the PFF stats, Alexander was far down the 2nd page of CB's. So don't make things up please.

No you didn't did you. However, the coaches must have, which goes against everything you have been "reporting". Should we revisit your theory on the coaches having no confidence in Crosby's leg beyond 40 yards and how silly it was to think that?
Matt n Rodgers were talking about a hail Mary but then saw Crosby out there.. So Matt let him go

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Matt n Rodgers were talking about a hail Mary but then saw Crosby out there.. So Matt let him go
I believe he also kicked that in the direction that tends to be the most difficult in Lambeau? It was nice to see an opposing kicker have his problems in Green Bay too.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a viking fan (on tv) wearing one in the stands. I thought it looked pretty funny. In a good way.

D

Deleted member 6794

No, actually....you were the one that brought up the PFF stat of QBR rating when throwing against Alexander. I merely said that when I pulled up the PFF stats, Alexander was far down the 2nd page of CB's.

You didn't merely state that Alexander was far down the list among cornerbacks based on grades by PFF but you definitely tried to support your opinion of him by suggesting he was ranked only 73rd. You didn't realize that wasn't anywhere close to being true though.

Well, it doesn't seem the coaching staff made the decision on Crosby kicking that field goal. But I don't have an issue admitting I was wrong about him not being able to kick a field goal from that distance.

With that being said should we revisit your claim that the Packers should have played Love and several other backups, tanking the season in the process for better draft position after the loss to the Eagles as there was no chance of them making the playoffs. How silly does THAT look now?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts