OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

E-rutherford

Measure twice.....cut once
Reaction score
Not what I meant..

It is the way bigbluefan10 that just post that no one has an issue with..

Its the out right disrespect for our offesne, and on top of it, the ones that I have issues with didnt even know we had 2 or 3 lineman gone for an extended period..

If your going to get cocky and confident, great, but look who is playing for the packers 1st.dont assume it is the same team a few weeks ago..

Something that is a common theme with Giant fans...Our DL is healthy and will beat your OL...and they dont bother to see who is playing..

Giant fans have EVERY right to say their team will win, but there is a way to discuss it and then a way to be a confident ***
I posted without checking why you said what you said.....was kind of goofing on the 90% Gmen thingy.
But as you say both teams were not all there on Dec 4th. Both had a couple of starters out. Either way the playoffs are a different animal. Players like to think they go all out all the time but the playoffs do something to some guys that they dig deeper.Much attention has been given to the yards the Pack's D lest up but even with that they let up less points then the Giants D on average. But "averages" go out the window come Sunday. Which ever team has the most players who are focused and playing at their top level will win. Although I do believe the Pack can over come a few more miscues than the Giants can. The Giants have to play near perfect.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...I don't know about you, but I would prefer to discuss the upcoming game than how I accidentally responded to something currently beaten-to-death.

Deal. I had my cheese now, so am good to go for the day.

A lot has been discussed on whether or not Rodgers and Co. will be "rusty" at the start of the game. I personally do not think this will be a factor- as do most fans. I fully expect to see 100% at the whistle.

I am concerned, however, on the other end of the game- namely how well the team, in particular our O-line, keeps it together in the 4th quarter. Clifton hasn't had many snaps in months, and after 45+ minutes of intense exercise, his legs might be feeling like logs by then. Also, Bulaga could be moving a step slower as well. Jennings, maybe too.

Combining this possibility with the fact that Giants have typically finished games strong, this could bode well for a good 4th quarter for the G-men. Hope by then the Packers have a really big lead. They might need it.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not what I meant..

It is the way bigbluefan10 that just post that no one has an issue with..

Its the out right disrespect for our offesne, and on top of it, the ones that I have issues with didnt even know we had 2 or 3 lineman gone for an extended period..

If your going to get cocky and confident, great, but look who is playing for the packers 1st.dont assume it is the same team a few weeks ago..

Something that is a common theme with Giant fans...Our DL is healthy and will beat your OL...and they dont bother to see who is playing..

Giant fans have EVERY right to say their team will win, but there is a way to discuss it and then a way to be a confident ***

I believe that one of the most critical players in Sunday's game will be LT Chad Clifton. He is back, he is healthy, he got about 25 snaps against the Lions to get him back into it, and he has been out for 11 games--a lot. He is a 12 year pro, been to the pro-bowl a few times (not sure how many), and he is a big upgrade over Robert Newhouse. But. . . .can he really play the whole game? Can he be anywhere close to top form?

I'm guessing that newhouse will have to spell him a little bit. I just don't see him able to play every snap. Newhouse gave up 11.5 sacks in 13 games played, more than twice what anyone else did, although Newhouse surprised me a lot by doing a great job against Julius Peppers...it was like, who? what? Is that Newhouse the turnstyle??

If Clifton can put in a solid performance against the likes of JPP and Co, that will be huge. If he can't, that will be huge.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Funny, I was watching NFL total access last night and they were having a round table about can the Giants upset the Packers. Willie McGinist and the host with the monster ears kept saying the Giants had that game won and we just happened to get the ball last. As I remember the Giants had to drive in the last two minutes, score a touchdown and a two point conversion to tie the game. What a bunch of talking heads. They also had Clay on.

Personally I was really excited that game, all season long that was the one rap on A-Rod. He never had to lead a last second drive for the win. I was telling my wife, this is where we find out if we deserve to be Champions. Sunday we get to prove it again.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deal. I had my cheese now, so am good to go for the day.

A lot has been discussed on whether or not Rodgers and Co. will be "rusty" at the start of the game. I personally do not think this will be a factor- as do most fans. I fully expect to see 100% at the whistle.

I am concerned, however, on the other end of the game- namely how well the team, in particular our O-line, keeps it together in the 4th quarter. Clifton hasn't had many snaps in months, and after 45+ minutes of intense exercise, his legs might be feeling like logs by then. Also, Bulaga could be moving a step slower as well. Jennings, maybe too.

Combining this possibility with the fact that Giants have typically finished games strong, this could bode well for a good 4th quarter for the G-men. Hope by then the Packers have a really big lead. They might need it.

I'm kinda torn on the whole "rust" deal, but I think I've finally come to my personal conclusion...
GB will be on their game, nothing to noticable. HOWEVER, if our front four can get to AR snap after snap- not necessarily sacks, just hitting him and getting physical- it might wear him down a bit and make him a TAD slower, considering he hasn't been hit in almost 3 weeks.

I'll admit say that part of me knows this is probably just wishful thinking, but I hope it comes true.

Ruttiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Day all... another GMB fan joining up.

Can't say much that hasnt been arealdy said... been following the thread for a couple of days now.

Rust? if its there for Rodgers and the crew it will be there for a half of a quarter MAYBE the whole first quarter... but the GMEN are notorius for slow starts ... push if you ask me.

Question for all you GB fans, in the first matchup there seemed to be a high number of very catchable drops by the GB receivers... what was the count and how does it compare to the rest of the games this season? Im sure its higher, but by how much?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Question for all you GB fans, in the first matchup there seemed to be a high number of very catchable drops by the GB receivers... what was the count and how does it compare to the rest of the games this season? Im sure its higher, but by how much?
Our drop rate is near heart attack levels, at one time they were just throw the remote at the tv levels but then Finley got a case of the dropsies. I can't give you the number but lets say its been something that the Packers DEFINITELY need to improve on.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Day all... another GMB fan joining up.

Can't say much that hasnt been arealdy said... been following the thread for a couple of days now.

Rust? if its there for Rodgers and the crew it will be there for a half of a quarter MAYBE the whole first quarter... but the GMEN are notorius for slow starts ... push if you ask me.

Never thought of the rust being gone by 1st q...Good point..

They had some drops in other games, off top of my head was the KC game...Finley comes to mind..

Got to the point a few games were it was getting annoying...You expect some and understand them...but the ones they had this year are just head scratches..No real reasons why..

http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

This says Finley had 11

This year just seems to be the year of the drops..But when they come they dont stop for a few seriers..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If its a "Gmen" post they should be 100% that the Giants should win. I would expect every Packer fan to say the Pack should win as well.

bklyn1028 said:
Osi is back, Boley is full strength, different secondary schemes. Rodgers is too busy doing State Farm commercials:

Giants 42 Packers 3​

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the 1Q is going to move slowly due to both teams having played each other recently. Both sides need to figure out what adjustments the other has made, what they did last time that they won't be able to do today, what they can do now they couldn't do last time, etc etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-0 7-3, 7-7 score after the first.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there will be some adjustment time on both sides, I predict a 7-0 lead for the Packers after the 1st quarter.

I think it will start to get going in the 2nd and the final will be 35-28 Pack. I'll get my prediction in now.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Brad Jones will be starting for the Giants game over Eric Walden

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Ok, all. Am oughta here! Busy all weekend with family stuff away from the internet until after the game.

To all our Giant-fan visitors, best wishes. As always, here's hoping two things:

1. NO INJURIES on either side of the ball, and
2. The refs call a good fair game.

Beyond that, may the best team win.

Oh, and if you have any connections within the Giants organization, please get your team to go easy on the Lambeau grass. We need it to look good for the Championship game the following week! :D

Members online

Latest posts