Official Game Day Thread: Super Bowl XLV - Packers vs. Steelers - 2/6: WIN 31 - 25

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RS, I think we will see alot of Brandon Jackson on Sunday due to him being a much better blocker than Starks. What do you think?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I hope he not only loves them, but picks them as well:

Obama: 'I've got some love for the Steelers'

Dallas - President Barack Obama said Thursday in Pennsylvania that he has "some love for the Steelers."

That statement comes just a week after Obama was in Wisconsin and received three Green Bay Packers jerseys.

According to the Associated Press, Obama said he came to Pennsylvania out of a sense of fairness to fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he got the packer jerseys as a joke, signed by woodson. He is friends with Rooney so I assume he will be rooting for the Steelers

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RS, I think we will see alot of Brandon Jackson on Sunday due to him being a much better blocker than Starks. What do you think?
Only if Starks struggles mightly early on.

MM has heavily trusted him with carries. He has never done the same with Jackson.

MM will try to remain balanced, he'll try his best to give Starks 20 or so carries.

Plus, with 2 extra weeks, chances are Starks has learned more of the playbook, and can be utilized even more.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Regarding officiating:

An official look at the Packers' season

Dallas - The referee Sunday in Super Bowl XLV will be Walt Anderson.

The only Packers game he officiated was the Packers' 45-17 victory over the New York Giants Dec. 26.

Here's a look at the other officials and what crew they were with this season: [Tables at the link.]

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only if Starks struggles mightly early on.

MM has heavily trusted him with carries. He has never done the same with Jackson.

MM will try to remain balanced, he'll try his best to give Starks 20 or so carries.

Plus, with 2 extra weeks, chances are Starks has learned more of the playbook, and can be utilized even more.

do you trust starks with blocking?

LombardiChick

Reaction score
I just bought my first jersey! (21 Green, 'cause that's what he'll be wearing.) I've got to earn enough credits before Sunday to buy a Driver jersey for the game, too - I'm so hoping Wood and Double D will get their rings.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Former Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr accepts an award for current quarterback Aaron Rodgers . Rodgers was named the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Year.

Attachments

• mjs-super-fedex-1-of-hoffman.jpg-super-fedex.jpg
    mjs-super-fedex-1-of-hoffman.jpg-super-fedex.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 102

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I just bought my first jersey! (21 Green, 'cause that's what he'll be wearing.) I've got to earn enough credits before Sunday to buy a Driver jersey for the game, too - I'm so hoping Wood and Double D will get their rings.

I just gave you my credits, so maybe you have enough to get that one too? :happy0005:

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game right here is the biggest game of my life. No game has ever come close to this in significance, as a Packers fan living in Pittsburgh. Steelers fans who claimed to be my friends stopped talking to me during this season, probably just because I'm a Packers fan (although they've known this for 15 years). My life has already been made a living heck by their fans, it would get horrible if the Steelers won this game.

For the Packers to win this game would be the triumph of good over evil. Look at all the good guys on our roster, and then look at the Steelers QB, or his star receiver who commits personal fouls after every play that aren't called, or their linebacker who is constantly criticizing the league in hopes of getting calls in his favor.

I already can't sleep peacefully over this one, it's on my mind day and night. We can only hope for a fairly-officiated game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I keep wanting to buy Packer's merchandise, but am wanting the prices to fall.

So today Benny Boy seemed to have had a great practice today. Other than thinking that it helps knowing that Rodgers may have just as easy of time if it was completed passes.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep wanting to buy Packer's merchandise, but am wanting the prices to fall.
Try Shopko.
Or better yet a local thrift store. Reuse at crazy reduced prices!
'Course ya gotta get lucky, but I've seen tons of Packers shirts in great shape at thrift stores. Matter of fact it's where I got mine.