Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Atlanta - 10/9: Win 25 - 14

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Packers will win it, how loud can the Packer fans make it in that dome.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I would love to see them blow Atlanta out again like the playoffs to finally shut up those people that think the Falcons are still great.

One thing that scares me is the pass defense. Matt Ryan will be throwing all over the place.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers back in the dome. Will Atlanta ever come to us?
Packers had home opener.
Then two away games.
Nuther one at home.
And now away, again.
Against the team they beat in the post.
Yeah.
Something ain't right.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
We played them in ATL twice last year. O well. Away games in domes might as well be home games.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason we're going to Atlanta is because of the 3-year rotation of NFC divisions playing each other. In 2008, we played Atlanta at home. This is the matching game for that one, so we're at Atlanta. (Notice the same for our other NFC South opponents, opposite location as in 2008.)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of this game. Atlanta is a confusing team this year. You don't know which Atlanta team is going to show up for the game.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been telling you guys Atlanta sucks, lol.

Seriously, they are very close to being 0-4. Philadelphia was absolutely robbed when Atlanta got credit for that interception. The video angle that clearly showed the ball hitting the grown was not available until the next commercial break. Seems like the same thing happened to you guys when you played in the CircusTent back in the regular season. Conspiracy! Well maybe not, but Atlanta sure caught its share of breaks last year.

Their offensive line sucks, Matt Ryan is not elite, and Rodgers will chew up their secondary. Stop turner and the game is over.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from GA, there would be nothing sweeter than putting an absolute *** whoppin on the Falcons... Can not stand those clowns... I'll be at the game.. Anyone else making the trip?

FalconsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello, even though this is really early, I'd like to give some insight on this game.

I am not sure what will happen on Sunday. The Falcons haven't really been consistent, and I think that's because our OC has gotten too pass happy because of Julio Jones and RW, and is trying to change the offense into the Pats offense. That, and our horrible O-Line is the main reason we have sucked this year. But as many people saw, in the first half we got back to our run first, then pass defense, and ended up with a big lead.

But of course that lead was demolished when our OC started too much of the pass again. Honestly, I don't know what I'll see Monday, as our coordinators are unpredictable, and not really original nor smart. We cannot slack off against a team as great as the Packers like we did against the Hawks in the second half. I'm scared at this game because of who we are facing, but I won't give up on my team as a true fan.

Good luck to your Packers, and your pass defense. Should be a shootout if we can somehow pick back up the momentum in the dome. And if we do lose, I'd want to see a blowout so that our coordinators wil be exposed and fired.

Again, good luck to you on Sunday, and throughout the year. Hope you guys stay injury-free!

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Hello, even though this is really early, I'd like to give some insight on this game.

I am not sure what will happen on Sunday. The Falcons haven't really been consistent, and I think that's because our OC has gotten too pass happy because of Julio Jones and RW, and is trying to change the offense into the Pats offense. That, and our horrible O-Line is the main reason we have sucked this year. But as many people saw, in the first half we got back to our run first, then pass defense, and ended up with a big lead.

But of course that lead was demolished when our OC started too much of the pass again. Honestly, I don't know what I'll see Monday, as our coordinators are unpredictable, and not really original nor smart. We cannot slack off against a team as great as the Packers like we did against the Hawks in the second half. I'm scared at this game because of who we are facing, but I won't give up on my team as a true fan.

Good luck to your Packers, and your pass defense. Should be a shootout if we can somehow pick back up the momentum in the dome. And if we do lose, I'd want to see a blowout so that our coordinators wil be exposed and fired.

Again, good luck to you on Sunday, and throughout the year. Hope you guys stay injury-free!

Thanks for the insight. You still have the same D coordinator you had last year right? I remember him looking perplexed/hopeless on the sideline in the playoffs last year.

ATL needs to get back to running the football. That's what the offensive line is built for. Like you said, the team has gotten way too pass happy way too quickly. Against us though, you should probably pass as much as possible.

I like the Packers to win this game by a TD or so.

FalconsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, he looked like a deer caught in headlights. I was too busy raging at that moment to laugh, but now I just laugh at how pathetic he is sometimes, and how we won't fire him. It's perplexing.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Yeah, he looked like a deer caught in headlights. I was too busy raging at that moment to laugh, but now I just laugh at how pathetic he is sometimes, and how we won't fire him. It's perplexing.

Same situation with the Packers and our special teams coach. I feel for ya there.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We are having issues with letting wr or te get behind coverage for big gains...I just hope we limit those errors to a minimum

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like the National Media is hopping of the Matty Melt train finally. Don't hear too much about him these days.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With A Rod in the beast mode, we will win this game, but with the way our secondary is playing I think is going to be closer than the last meeting.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
With A Rod in the beast mode, we will win this game, but with the way our secondary is playing I think is going to be closer than the last meeting.

It's beginning to appear like Collins was the secret success to the secondary. I'm not used to see receivers blowing past these guys like they are.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see this game turning into a barn burner. ATL has the weapons to torch our secondary and we have the weapons to dismantle their defense. As long as we force more turnovers than they get from us I think we win. If we can continue to play the run well and actually TACKLE for a game it could get out of hand.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
A shootout will favor Aaron Rodgers, the Falcons need to be careful if they want to engage us. This game is going to really be a test for the defense for both teams. There has been a lot of questions about the status of our secondary and pass rush. The Falcons may be just the ones to give us some answers, for good or bad.

I think this game is going to be a bit closer, I don't see us blowing them out this time around.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don see a blow out either...In fact Atlanta very well could take this game...

dont forget they have that chip on their shoulder from last year from us beating them

Members online

Latest posts