Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Atlanta - 10/9: Win 25 - 14

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spectacular game by the Packers!!! Got off to a shaky start but oh, my did we come out rolling in the 2nd half!!!! Lights out! Finley had an off game but pretty much everyone else showed us the meaning of the word team and they had his back. Jennings with a stunning TD Rodgers proving why he is the best QB, possibly even the best player in the league. Sherrod and Newhouse stepping up as tackles when we needed them. Starks was running and blocking like crazy. Crosby with 15 (?) points all his own, one a 60+ FG!!! The D also woke up and it appears parts of our missing pass rush has resurfaced. Who do you even give the game ball to? I cannot praise this team enough. Only true champions could of done what they did tonight. Not just coming back from being down 14 for the win, but the spectacular way they did it.

Proud to be a Packers fan tonight!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow....to come out of that game with a definitive W is huge. The Pack was pathetic on D in the 1st half and didn't establish anything offensively but they just kept with it and got it going. Something clicked in Capers head though because the D that played the 2nd half has been missing all year. The packages, the disguises, the intensity were all a welcomed sight. I felt like all year he was just shoving the prevent 3 man rush out there with an occasional woodson blitz. I loved what I saw 2nd half.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, Starks was running around Rodgers like he was a May Pole on one play and nearly got him killed. And I can't describe the game as spectacular. Gritty and efficient best describes it for me. Rodgers elevates everything around him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, Starks was running around Rodgers like he was a May Pole on one play and nearly got him killed. And I can't describe the game as spectacular. Gritty and efficient best describes it for me. Rodgers elevates everything around him.

Most of my post was referring to the 2nd half in terms of spectacular. The 1st half I'd like to erase from my memory. The play you were referring to with Starks... good point. I forgot about that play. What the hell was he doing blocking? He didn't even finish his tackle. That freakin Falcon was still flying around. I saw Starks make some other blocks, but to be honest, I'd rather they didn't use him as a blocker. Especially not covering Rodgers!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks had 40 yds rushing and 19 yds receiving. Not his best day but far from his worst. His worst day came at the Bears of all teams. He should of made that catch, though, I'm thinking that could of been a TD knowing the way he runs.

But, Finley really went off the rails today, not Starks! Today was Fins "off" day.

Talking about Finley having an off day and Starks dropping a pass makes me think that even when one or several players having an off day, there are so many other weapons to pick up the slack. The Jennings TD was stunning in the way Jennings managed to control himself to get the ball to cross the plane even as he was airborne. Finley's dropped pass at the goal line would of been a TD or it would of lead to one. Starks dropped pass could of been another. But Rodgers, Crosby, Jennings, Jordy, Jones, and even our D stepped up to get us the win. I'm not forgiving these guys their mistakes. These are catches that should be made, but I am grateful they didn't cost us the game. We are a good enough team where we can pretty much blow the 1st half all the way to hell, drop what would be a touch down pass and still win the game against a strong team.

GB Native

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have never thought last year that I would say this but our secondary is really worrying me so far. And I dont belive in Karma but im pretty sure Finley does now.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BJ Raji really ripped the Falcons after the game. He said they were playing dirty, making hits and low blocks after the whistle. "Great teams don't indulge in the kind of cheap stuff the Falcons do...I don't know what the deal is. I think it's a lack of talent on their part." Some strong words from the Freezer right there.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I don't know what the deal is. I think it's a lack of talent on their part. We didn't worry about any of that. We came out and played our game." -BJ Raji tonight after the game commenting about the Falcons cheap shots and stuff after whistles were blown.

Classic stuff from Raji.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
One commentator said he hadn't yet seen how the Packers would handle the adversity of being down and needing to come back. Well, I guess he can check this one off of his bucket list. I see why Raji would say what he did. It didn't take my hi-def TV to see the cheap stuff that was going on and being ignored by the zebras. Matthews was getting strangled half the time. Guys were coming in with late hits on Rodgers, the receivers and the piles and the zebras thought those metal things in their mouths were lollipops.

I am sorry I missed the "shoutbox" chat during the game though. You guys can be as entertaining as the game.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the most impressive performance by this team that I can remember. It was just fascinating to watch the whole team; players and coaches, make such spot-on adjustments and maintain their poise to restore the order of things. The Packers are seriously scary good and I am not usually such an unabashed cheerleader. This was an awe inspiring performance. Gonna be a fun season!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some love to The Freezer for standing up and speaking his mind! If that's how the Falcons have to win games, then I feel sorry for them. It didn't work anyway, the Pack still won!

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea we need to protect rodgers and the d has to improve i was at the game its funny how all the falcons fans walk out with 10mis left and there down by 8

Members online

Latest posts