1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Official Bears thread for Christmas

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by longtimefan, Dec 19, 2011.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    Will they rebound?

Will they have a 2 game losing streak?

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I'm hoping for a rebound! Hopefully this week during practice they will get the kinks worked out of their armor. It would be awesome if they could sweep the division! Go Pack Go!

3. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465
    Mostly I fear for the O-Line being decimated. I am hoping that does not mean that the Packers will tank it here against the Bears. We need to get that home field advantage if the Squealers do not oblige us by beating San Francisco tonight. And if the Squealers DO win, will we even see Rodgers play in the last two games. He was getting a horrible beating the end of the Chiefs game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Um, the Bears offense is so destroyed right now, I was wondering if both teams would just forfeit say the game is a tie and lets just rest our players. But I think this game will be a game of defenses, and it can go either way right now.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    If its a game of defenses, I'm afraid we're screwed!

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679

ENJOY!
    We have some problems, issues, injury concerns yes, and some which might prove fatal towards our Super Bowl aspirations.
    But we have nothing compared to the Bears offense.

7. PackAttack1992

PackAttack1992 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I think that even our defense can handle their offense, which is in disarray right now.

8. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,304
    I'll tell you after tonight. If Pittsburgh beats SF and the Packers have home field through the playoffs, I think they'll rest the banged up guys and go with a skeleton crew of starters.

9. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I think what we do in this game will depend on the outcome of the SF/Pitt game tonight. If the SF loses and we get HFA, i think our starters will see limited playing time.

I think the Bears game could come down to defense. Bears offense is an absolute mess. They have 1 receiver worth a damn on that team in Earl Bennet and even he's not all that great and Marion Barber is not playing all that great either. Hanie has been pretty bad, but I think that was to be expected.

Funny though, I though the KC game would be a defensive battle too and with Orton under center I thought our defense was going to show up and play good and get some turnovers, but I was wrong about that too. I just hope to god our offensive line get fixed quick fast and in a hurry.

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I'd actually be very interested to see a game of defenses. We need to know exactly where our D is at, especially with the questionable state of our O-Line and I'd rather know it now while there is still time to fix it than have to find out in the playoffs where it could be too late.

11. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    My new Woodson jersey just arrived today right before Christmas, cannot wait to put it on for the game! Should be a good one, Bears/Packers on Christmas is bound to be epic.

Side note, they better patch up this OL before the game or A-rod could be seriously hurt.

12. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    I would love to have a Woodson Jersey looking christmas sweater, that would be awesome

• Like Like x 3
  13. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    You better buy the domain Woodsonlookingchristmassweater.com before I swoop it up. That is a million dollar idea if you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DocSkittles

DocSkittles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Hopefully the Pack can go in and put up big numbers early against Chicago, secure the game and stat sitting people. If we can pull this one off, I couldn't care less how the Detroit game goes. With the way the KC game went, we're going to need all of the rest we can get before the playoffs to try and get players healthy. Luckily, the Seattle game is on Saturday. If Seattle can pull an upset by beating San Fran, the Pack may be able to start resting some of it's players when they play on Sunday. Then again, beating the snot out of Chicago will be an awesome Christmas gift, especially now that I'm a part owner!

• Like Like x 1
  15. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    Well thanks, Steelers, for nothing. Having said that, if we can't earn HFA ourselves, we don't deserve it anyway. We'll see what happens, but I hope they answer all these nagging concerns with a total beat down this weekend. (Probably too much to hope for, but I'm not shy about saying what I want...and I WANT THAT.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Loran

Loran Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Packers win big.

17. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,304
    I think KC was a bump in the road. The Pack should handle Chicago.

18. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I agree. We have an ailing offense but so do they. Not to mention that we've been successful in the past with a handful of injuries. We finally got the "perfect record" monkey off our backs. Now we can concentrate on the game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845

Lets hope... Croak i'm not used to your new avatar..but I like it!

20. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    Always a hard fought game with the Bears. Coming into this game, both teams have significant injuries and have to be frustrated and bent about last week's performance. It will be the usual hard-hitting tough game we can always expect when these two get together. Regardless, with that pathetic offense of theirs our D limits them to possibly 10 to 13 points at the most and I look for at least 2 picks as well. Worried about protecting Aaron, but I still think he will shred that secondary even if he has to throw on the run {which I hope is NOT often}. This is a MUST win for the Bears if they have any chance of wishing for a playoff berth, but I think we will play with much more intensity and want this game more to secure HF. I think we bounce back big after last week's debacle and put them out of their misery. Time to replace that Bear tranquillizing dart with a Rodgers blazing spiral bullet! Pack 24 Bears 10!

21. Scotland Yard

Scotland Yard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Well, the Seahags played without 2 or 3 O-line starters and still only gave up 1 sack, so, the Packers have no excuses... they can get this done at home.

Also, the Bears safeties are terrible (Conti on IR now, too) , so, Finley can bounce back and have a huge game this week if he wants it. Predict he will destroy the Bears this week w/ 100+yds. and a couple TD's.

22. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,304
    I know it's a crime, but I've lost faith in Finley. I think the other guys will have to step up.

• Like Like x 1
  23. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Dear Santa,
    All I want for Christmas is to beat the Bears, Have HFA and A healthy O line and a Red Ryder BB gun. I promise not to shoot my eye out.

• Like Like x 4
  24. bozo

bozo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    As a die hard Pack fan, living in Bear country, I have been giving the locals a real ripping this week...so I HOPE there is not let down by us, and I don't expect one.

Bear D might keep it interesting, but their O is terrible now.

Pack 28
    Bears 10

25. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    Is it to much to ask Santa for a win and no injuries?