Official Bears thread for Christmas

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a rebound! Hopefully this week during practice they will get the kinks worked out of their armor. It would be awesome if they could sweep the division! Go Pack Go!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Mostly I fear for the O-Line being decimated. I am hoping that does not mean that the Packers will tank it here against the Bears. We need to get that home field advantage if the Squealers do not oblige us by beating San Francisco tonight. And if the Squealers DO win, will we even see Rodgers play in the last two games. He was getting a horrible beating the end of the Chiefs game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Um, the Bears offense is so destroyed right now, I was wondering if both teams would just forfeit say the game is a tie and lets just rest our players. But I think this game will be a game of defenses, and it can go either way right now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ENJOY!
We have some problems, issues, injury concerns yes, and some which might prove fatal towards our Super Bowl aspirations.
But we have nothing compared to the Bears offense.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll tell you after tonight. If Pittsburgh beats SF and the Packers have home field through the playoffs, I think they'll rest the banged up guys and go with a skeleton crew of starters.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think what we do in this game will depend on the outcome of the SF/Pitt game tonight. If the SF loses and we get HFA, i think our starters will see limited playing time.

I think the Bears game could come down to defense. Bears offense is an absolute mess. They have 1 receiver worth a damn on that team in Earl Bennet and even he's not all that great and Marion Barber is not playing all that great either. Hanie has been pretty bad, but I think that was to be expected.

Funny though, I though the KC game would be a defensive battle too and with Orton under center I thought our defense was going to show up and play good and get some turnovers, but I was wrong about that too. I just hope to god our offensive line get fixed quick fast and in a hurry.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd actually be very interested to see a game of defenses. We need to know exactly where our D is at, especially with the questionable state of our O-Line and I'd rather know it now while there is still time to fix it than have to find out in the playoffs where it could be too late.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My new Woodson jersey just arrived today right before Christmas, cannot wait to put it on for the game! Should be a good one, Bears/Packers on Christmas is bound to be epic.

Side note, they better patch up this OL before the game or A-rod could be seriously hurt.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You better buy the domain Woodsonlookingchristmassweater.com before I swoop it up. That is a million dollar idea if you ask me.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the Pack can go in and put up big numbers early against Chicago, secure the game and stat sitting people. If we can pull this one off, I couldn't care less how the Detroit game goes. With the way the KC game went, we're going to need all of the rest we can get before the playoffs to try and get players healthy. Luckily, the Seattle game is on Saturday. If Seattle can pull an upset by beating San Fran, the Pack may be able to start resting some of it's players when they play on Sunday. Then again, beating the snot out of Chicago will be an awesome Christmas gift, especially now that I'm a part owner!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Well thanks, Steelers, for nothing. Having said that, if we can't earn HFA ourselves, we don't deserve it anyway. We'll see what happens, but I hope they answer all these nagging concerns with a total beat down this weekend. (Probably too much to hope for, but I'm not shy about saying what I want...and I WANT THAT.)

Reaction score
Always a hard fought game with the Bears. Coming into this game, both teams have significant injuries and have to be frustrated and bent about last week's performance. It will be the usual hard-hitting tough game we can always expect when these two get together. Regardless, with that pathetic offense of theirs our D limits them to possibly 10 to 13 points at the most and I look for at least 2 picks as well. Worried about protecting Aaron, but I still think he will shred that secondary even if he has to throw on the run {which I hope is NOT often}. This is a MUST win for the Bears if they have any chance of wishing for a playoff berth, but I think we will play with much more intensity and want this game more to secure HF. I think we bounce back big after last week's debacle and put them out of their misery. Time to replace that Bear tranquillizing dart with a Rodgers blazing spiral bullet! Pack 24 Bears 10!

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Well, the Seahags played without 2 or 3 O-line starters and still only gave up 1 sack, so, the Packers have no excuses... they can get this done at home.

Also, the Bears safeties are terrible (Conti on IR now, too) , so, Finley can bounce back and have a huge game this week if he wants it. Predict he will destroy the Bears this week w/ 100+yds. and a couple TD's.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well, the Seahags played without 2 or 3 O-line starters and still only gave up 1 sack, so, the Packers have no excuses... they can get this done at home.

Also, the Bears safeties are terrible (Conti on IR now, too) , so, Finley can bounce back and have a huge game this week if he wants it. Predict he will destroy the Bears this week w/ 100+yds. and a couple TD's.

I know it's a crime, but I've lost faith in Finley. I think the other guys will have to step up.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a die hard Pack fan, living in Bear country, I have been giving the locals a real ripping this week...so I HOPE there is not let down by us, and I don't expect one.

Bear D might keep it interesting, but their O is terrible now.

Pack 28
Bears 10

Members online

Latest posts