Nothing but love...from a Giants fan

Manning_Dynasty10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I am here to congratulate you after the Giants victory, and I would have been here to congratulate you even in the event of a Packers victory. You probably don't want to see my face on this board, but I have nothing but respect for you guys.

You guys need to be congratulated on a great season, regardless of the outcome of this game. Despite going home you came very close to Arizona, and you guys have had an incredible season, and the same would have went for the Giants even if they lost.

Both of us were surprise teams this year. The stories are similar, nobody really gave either of us a chance. We didn't have any talent, out payrolls were too small, our players were too young (GB=Youngest team in the NFL, NYG= 3rd Youngest), and the media spent LOTS of time bashing our QB's all throughout the offseason (Favre for the way performed the previous 2 years and Eli for th eway he played during the first 3 years of his career).

They picked the Packers to be maybe 3rd in the NFC North, and would have been commended if they managed to win 8 games this year. As for the Giants, nobody gave them any chance whatsoever, they were picked by everyone to be in 4th Place int he NFC East and one of the 5 worst teams in football. These so called "experts," well they are not very good, and that is why you play the games!

Anyway, I wished you guys luck before the game and said even if you won that I (and many other Giants fans) would route you on against the Patriots. This was an incredible game, a very strange game but regardless it was easily the most unique games I can ever remember and one of the best games I've ever seen. The game was basically locked up for 65 minutes or what not and through it all it was just a roller coaster ride. To be able to watch a game with minus-25 degree temperature with the wind chill was something else. I didn't know how each team would react or what type of game it would be, but it was a classic battle and we will probably see this one on ESPN Classic at some point. I respect the Packers a lot and said all through the week that Green Bay was the better team and that if the Giants wanted to win they would have to outplay a superior team to do so. They happened to get this done today (barely), they've been doing this for a few weeks now (if you really think Tampa Bay was better than us, which many analysts would have had you believe, lol) and it's a great feeling.

Few people thoughts Favre had much left and even if he did they said he surely didn't have any talent around him to help this team. They were wrong, you guys looked great this year. I love watching Favre play, as do many other people, and I hope he decides to come back (I wouldn't mind watching him for 3 more years, it's a fun thing). If he can play anywhere near as good next year you guys may be in for a treat.

I fully expect you guys to compete for your division next year, if not win it, and I expect you to be in the playoffs with a good chance to advance. I hope that Favre will win another Super Bowl but I'm just glad that it wasn't this year. So good luck to you, and it was a pleasure to come play this EPIC game in such an historic Venue, probably the most prized stadium in the entire NFL. It was very unlikely for us to come in there and get a win, especially with the weather.

As for our home, we hate it, the Meadowlands is a dump. Although you don't need me to point it out just look at our record...3-5 at Home this year, 10-1 on the Road, just crazy, thank God we're not playing in Giants Stadium in 2 weeks!

Well good luck Pack, and thanks for being mostly high class fans (With the few exceptions, such as the talk about the Giants being dirty, etc.)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, Giants fan. I'll be pulling for your team in the Super Bowl. They are a good team with good fans (with some exceptions, of course, but there are exceptions for every team).

canadave_nyc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a long-time diehard Giants fan and native New Yorker, I just wanted to chime in here and say....if I wasn't a Giants fan, I would most certainly be a Packers fan. Absolutely can't say enough good things about the history of the franchise, the terrific and knowledgeable fans, and the general classiness of the entire organization (and I'm a huge fan, too, of the non-profit community ownership concept). I *really* enjoyed beating Dallas, but I just enjoyed last night's game as a classic football game between two historic and proud franchises. Fantastic game, fantastic Packers team (I thought for sure we were gonna lose that one in OT), and fantastic fans.

Oh, and for anyone blaming Brett Favre for that loss....he didn't play up to his normal Hall of Fame calibre, but even the great ones have off nights; and he wasn't solely responsible (I'm still a little mystified why the Packers coaches didn't get Al Harris some help, maybe a zone coverage or something). Even now, if I was a coach, he could QB my team for as long as he wants.

Hope to meet you guys again next postseason for the rematch ;)

Dave

hawaii50

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a very classy and honest post. No matter how depressed I am today and the X # of days here on out, the calming thing to me was that you guys deserved to win. You outplayed us in all facets of the game (except maybe ST's). For the game to be that close I consider us a little lucky, considering we had no running game, no passing game in the 2nd half, and we couldn't stop your passing attack to save our lives. I think a little of it was our coaching, but the other part is that your players outplayed us and your coaches outcoached us. You guys beat us on our turf, in terrible weather conditions, and deserved to win. It hurts to say, but it's true.

You guys got my vote (and everyone else I know pretty much) to beat the patriots...somebody gotta do it.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to you, going on the road to beat 3 tough teams in the playoffs, when everyone left ya for dead, you deserve to be in the superbowl far more than we do. Im not happy the pack lost by any means, but the superbowl is meant for the best team in each conference. And that would be the giants for the nfc, they beat the #1, and #2 seed on the road, in not the best of conditions. Give credit where its do, and GL facing the juggernaut in the superbowl.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just goes to show you, there are classy fans of other teams!
Congrats on your win Giants fans!
It would shock the world for you guys to win the SB.......but you guys have a solid chance!
GOOD LUCK!!!

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats, Giants fans. You beat the 1 and 2 seed on the road, and deserve to be where you are.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Giants, the played tough in both games and deserve to be where they are.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, wanted to add, your Coach is awesome. We had a lead going into Halftime, and he made some defensive adjustments that just completely shut us down.

I hope you can do the same to the Pats.
Good luck in the SB. Bring the Lombardi back to the NFC for us, will ya?

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can echo & add to Manning's sentiments. You people are w/out a doubt the classiest, most down-to-earth people I've ever come across. Your equipment manager, Red Batty had the class to bring Tynes the game ball after the kick. If that was in Dallas they probably would have shot the ball. The Packer organization is the same way in the class dept.. A friend of mine is Jimmy Robinson's brother-in-law and of course, a huge Pack fan. He was at the Seahawk game massacre, which I also enjoyed.
Robinson was a good wide receiver w/us in the late 70's when we couldnt beat an egg.
Sunday's game was a great game and if it went the other way it would've been go Pack against NE. I have my cheesehead since 1995. If Dallas had beaten us the cheesehead was going to be worn last Sunday.
Speaking of Dallas, has anyone been to their fan forums??.........These people are still in denial. They're still saying the better team won, that bad officiating cost them the game, that they still beat us 2 of 3 games(not the one that mattered), they claim the league is rigged so NE & Favre would be in the SB..........They hate Eli & Brett. They call Eli Sheli, Ellie, a retard. They call Brett a pill-popping old drunk and they refuse to give credit where it's due. They are the most arrogant, ignorant and condescending bunch I've come across. Totally the opposite of this Forum. That's why most football fans cant stand that team, not to mention it's owner.

I know Sunday's loss stung, but it was a great game by 2 great teams. If we lost I would not have been so stung because I never thought we'd get this far.
I hope you great fans will support Big Blue in the SB against a team that is just as arrogant( they can be I guess) as Dallas.
Hopefully this little film will put a smile on your faces......for all you Dallas haters out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best of luck Snap!
Hopefully your guys can surprise NE, and wipe the smile off their collective faces!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can echo & add to Manning's sentiments. You people are w/out a doubt the classiest, most down-to-earth people I've ever come across. Your equipment manager, Red Batty had the class to bring Tynes the game ball after the kick. If that was in Dallas they probably would have shot the ball. The Packer organization is the same way in the class dept.. A friend of mine is Jimmy Robinson's brother-in-law and of course, a huge Pack fan. He was at the Seahawk game massacre, which I also enjoyed.
Robinson was a good wide receiver w/us in the late 70's when we couldnt beat an egg.
Sunday's game was a great game and if it went the other way it would've been go Pack against NE. I have my cheesehead since 1995. If Dallas had beaten us the cheesehead was going to be worn last Sunday.
Speaking of Dallas, has anyone been to their fan forums??.........These people are still in denial. They're still saying the better team won, that bad officiating cost them the game, that they still beat us 2 of 3 games(not the one that mattered), they claim the league is rigged so NE & Favre would be in the SB..........They hate Eli & Brett. They call Eli Sheli, Ellie, a retard. They call Brett a pill-popping old drunk and they refuse to give credit where it's due. They are the most arrogant, ignorant and condescending bunch I've come across. Totally the opposite of this Forum. That's why most football fans cant stand that team, not to mention it's owner.

I know Sunday's loss stung, but it was a great game by 2 great teams. If we lost I would not have been so stung because I never thought we'd get this far.
I hope you great fans will support Big Blue in the SB against a team that is just as arrogant( they can be I guess) as Dallas.
Hopefully this little film will put a smile on your faces......for all you Dallas haters out there:

Hello Snap.

I told the other Giants fans the same thing - it was a good game. I'm proud of my Packers. We played a good season. We got outcoached. Coughlin surprised me and seemed to always know what we were going to do.

I hope you guys upset the Pats and ruin their perfect season. I'm glad you beat the Cows. I hate the Cows.

Best of luck in the SB. We'll meet again next year, and hopefully next year, we'll be representing the NFC in the SB. ;)

Until then, I'll be rooting for you guys to return the Lombardi Trophy to the right conference.

I'll check out that vid tonight. At work now.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:

Hello Snap.

I told the other Giants fans the same thing - it was a good game. I'm proud of my Packers. We played a good season. We got outcoached. Coughlin surprised me and seemed to always know what we were going to do.

I hope you guys upset the Pats and ruin their perfect season. I'm glad you beat the Cows. I hate the Cows.

Best of luck in the SB. We'll meet again next year, and hopefully next year, we'll be representing the NFC in the SB. ;)

Until then, I'll be rooting for you guys to return the Lombardi Trophy to the right conference.

I'll check out that vid tonight. At work now.

Thanks Zombie.......If you're in the SB next year I'll have my cheesehead on........They dont call it the Lombardi Trophy because of Dallas do they??......lol......The video is classic.

Members online

Latest posts