Nfccg duds

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dantes it wasn't the calls

J'aire had 2 monster clutch interceptions..

If our O gets points off those, which they should have, this is a blow out

So ... I would not give the refs the lion's share of the blame

Mike Pettine royally ****ed up before the half there and in the game in general ...

And LaFleur made a bad decision to kick the fg there after his defense had struggled a lot during the game.

But I have to agree that the refs do deserve about 25% of the blame because the Bucs corners were getting away with the same thing King did at the end. If you're going to make that call, at least be consistent about it.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do we REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY need to see another superbowl with tom brady in it?!?!
can we lift the swearing ban for like 12 hours?
thx
I live in NE and you can't imagine how horrible this is for me. Swear words can't even begin to express how I feel.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dantes it wasn't the calls

J'aire had 2 monster clutch interceptions..

If our O gets points off those, which they should have, this is a blow out

The other team's players get paid too. You can't just say "score every time and win."

The calls were absolutely the difference.

The Bucs held Lazard, got a pick, scored a touchdown.

The Bucs held Lazard, got a punt, scored a field goal.

The Bucs held Adams on 3rd and Goal and forced a FG.

The Packers held Johnson on 3rd down and it was called and it ended the game. Without that call, the Packers have the ball, down five, with about 1:30 left.

So yes-- it was the calls.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Dillon - Strong effort out there to push the pile.

MVS - For him, I consider this a complete game.

Jaire - WOW. Best CB in the NFL.

Sullivan - He did a decent job with his opportunities.

Clark - Best NT in the NFL

Z - Presence was always felt out there.

Gary - Consistently pushed the pocket.

Preston - Made the most of his opportunities.

Kirksey -When he was out there, he looked good.

Duds

King - If you asked me, TB made Kevin King an essential part of their game plan.

Wagner & Turner - Routinely overmatched every play.

Summers - Continues to look lost out there despite his experience.

Pettine - Repeated misuse of personnel.

LeFleur - Failed to protect Rodgers and routinely got too cute and conservative.

Cali's#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest dud was Rodgers. Despite a few of those key plays not being his fault, he needed to play a flawless game and he didn't. Unfortunately this game will end the conversation for GOAT. Brady gets to come into the NFC for ONE season and make the SB. Goodnight.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m full doom/gloom right now hahah

We’ll never see AR12 be in a super bowl again, at least as a Packer. That’s so haunting and sad.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super duds

Kevin King

Mike Pettine

LaFleur deciding to kick that FG

Agreed. MLF going for 2 turned out to be bad. MLF called a terrible game. TB did the same thing, they did in Oct. Just like last year MLF made no adjustments.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so sad
Dude I'm deflated. The ref throwing that flag on such a ticky tack play really and late of all things and they missed a holding call on the same play. Like how do you do that? The dude flopped. I won't blame the loss on the refs, but damn how do you throw that flag?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest dud was Rodgers. Despite a few of those key plays not being his fault, he needed to play a flawless game and he didn't. Unfortunately this game will end the conversation for GOAT. Brady gets to come into the NFC for ONE season and make the SB. Goodnight.

so annoying how Brady can throw almost 3 straight interceptions, and he’s the goat but Rodgers needs to play flawlessly to win or he’s a dud.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So ... I would not give the refs the lion's share of the blame

Mike Pettine royally ****ed up before the half there and in the game in general ...

And LaFleur made a bad decision to kick the fg there after his defense had struggled a lot during the game.

But I have to agree that the refs do deserve about 25% of the blame because the Bucs corners were getting away with the same thing King did at the end. If you're going to make that call, at least be consistent about it.

And I would argue that at this level, against great competition, any edge the refs give a team is significant. Because the margins are small. And in this case, the refs in practice just gave the Bucs permission to play a different brand of defense than the Packers were allowed to play. That was more than enough to tip the scales.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did it to themselves.

The end of the half/beginning of 2nd half was almost scripted comedy.

They find new ways to break my heart every time

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud....that FG call. I’m optimistic but when they did that I had a sinking feeling it was over.

king was out of his depth and luckily there were 2 big drops after he got burned.

the helmet to helmet no call on Aaron Jones first fumble

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other team's players get paid too. You can't just say "score every time and win."

The calls were absolutely the difference.

The Bucs held Lazard, got a pick, scored a touchdown.

The Bucs held Lazard, got a punt, scored a touchdown.

The Bucs held Adams on 3rd and Goal and forced a FG.

The Packers held Johnson on 3rd down and it was called and it ended the game. Without that call, the Packers have the ball, down five, with about 1:30 left.

So yes-- it was the calls.

True but championship teams need to focus on controlling what they can control

The Lazard interception was obviously holding but its done and over

The O just needed to focus on capitalizing on those J'aire interceptions and winning the game

Sometimes thats all you can do

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't overstate how bad the defensive playcall before half was. It blew 4th and 26 out of the water. It was inexplicable for any coordinator beyond the high school level let alone a professional.

The irony is that Mike Pettine finally found a situation where he should have used his precious prevent defense and failed to do so

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That conversation has been LONG over. It'd be a conversation ONLY if Rodgers had won this SB and won next year's SB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In 2 games with the Bucs this year, refs flagged them 2 times for 8 yards. Man that team is disciplined. :rolleyes:

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see AR ever winning another SB with the Pack after this

Same story as Brett unfortunately, how do you come back from this and 2014? No clue

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easiest one yet.

The reason we lost, Tuner, Wagner, King, Aaron Jones.

a couple of depth guys couldn't make an easy catch, but those guys consistently hurt us today.

Oh, and the refs for letting holding worse than that happen the entire friggin' game and then let them run out the clock on an overthrown ball.