Monday night Football v Falcons official thread

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This thread should be called, "The official will the Packers cover the spread this Monday" thread.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any scenario the Falcons win this game. Flynn and the Packers took them down last season.

Yes, the Falcons are better now than then, but the Packers with Rodgers vs without is much greater. I also guarantee there will be no fluke bounce of a foot pick six by the Falcons too.

Disagree that they are better. I think they're worse.

H

HardRightEdge

This thread should be called, "The official will the Packers cover the spread this Monday" thread.
It looks like the Vegas consensus is 12 1/2. That's an iffy proposition in my mind. The guys on the other side of the ball are playing for something too. Even if it's 18, ATL could put up a late score as the Packers coast through garbage time. Or it could be 20, they score and then go for 2 just for yucks.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Blowouts and shootouts rarely are predicted. I'll go 24-22 Pack as Falcons miss a late 2pt conversion and miss the onside kick recovery allowing Eddy to run out the clock.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like the Vegas consensus is 12 1/2. That's an iffy proposition in my mind. The guys on the other side of the ball are playing for something too. Even if it's 18, ATL could put up a late score as the Packers coast through garbage time. Or it could be 20, they score and then go for 2 just for yucks.

I won't bet that much points ever lol.:confused:

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I don't see any scenario the Falcons win this game. Flynn and the Packers took them down last season.

What if Alan Rickman kidnaps Olivia Munn in an office building and holds her hostage forcing Aaron Rodgers to sneak his way into the building and fight a bunch of German terrorists with the help of Reginald VelJohnson, thus missing the game, or at the very least, playing with dozens of cuts on his feet from broken glass?

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers injury report for Monday's game against Falcons:

Out – ILB Jamari Lattimore (did not participate, ankle), DL Luther Robinson (DNP, calf).

Questionable – CB Sam Shields (DNP, concussion).

Probable – DL Josh Boyd (limited, knee), DL Mike Daniels (limited, back), G T.J. Lang (limited, ankle), OLB Nick Perry (limited, shoulder), G Josh Sitton (limited, toe), OL Lane Taylor (full, probable).

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Shields done anything yet? I think he just needs to be present during practice on the sidelines to have passed the initial part of the concussion testing protocol.

D

Deleted member 6794

Has Shields done anything yet? I think he just needs to be present during practice on the sidelines to have passed the initial part of the concussion testing protocol.

As far as I know he was present for yesterday's practice but didn't participate in it.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats the first step then. I doubt he plays but its still possible. I am assuming they are doing the full speed walk through practice tomorrow still.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect a motivated Falcons team to show up tomorrow night considering how the Saints wet the bed today and left an opening for ATL to grab the South lead. I am not changing my prediction and still firmly believe our boys win this one somewhat convincingly. I will however be shocked if the Falcs don't show up ready to ball but as long as we play out game the outcome should still favor the G and G. How did that Saints team drum us so badly?! You never know in the NFL these days that's why I think the days of "overlooking" opponents is long gone, at least for the upper echelon teams. G P G!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suddenly this game has a lot more at stake. The Hawks now have a lot to play for since with a win they take over the NFC South lead, and they have some confidence coming off their win against the Cards last week. Plus Seattle and Detroit are both looking primed for a playoff run. Seattle could definitely run the table with the Niners looking pathetic, the Cardinals barely hanging on and play St.Louis at home. One Packer loss could mean losing HFA.

The Packers have to come out strong and hold serve at home. It won't get any easier next week.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had the Packers lost to the Patriots last week I think they would have come out for this one mad and put another rout thumping on Atlanta, maybe even posting their third 50 point game of the season. But I think there could be a little "play down" here after the superb effort against New England.

The defense may give a little more, the offense may do a little less, there could be a slip up or two on special teams but the Packers still come out with a clear-cut win.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the Packers "hear" the talking-heads say that Seattle "is back" and keep the pedal to the metal. They can make a similar statement by dismantling the Falcons, so I believe they come out focused and business-like.

Put the Falcons down early and keep them down. Last thing they need to do is allow it to be close and have Hester light-up the return unit for a TD or 2.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can say without hesitation that our boys will not overlook anyone on their schedule the rest of the way. I will be SHOCKED if they do. I am not guaranteeing they run the table but a loss will not be result of not showing up. As I have mentioned a few times over the last few weeks this team has a different feel to it and if you look around the league you see head scratching outcomes week in week out. If you don't show up chances are very good that the other team will smell that stench early and pounce. These players only have 16 regular season games anyhow so the thought of overlooking one has never set well with me. You are getting paid to play and if you have any pride whatsoever why on earth would you not want to show up every single week and put your skills on full display? I know that some teams are prone to let downs as it is human nature to do so but like I keep saying this squad doesn't have that feel to it. From the continuity in the front office to the coaching staff to the stand out players that are the face of the franchise our team is blessed to be lead by guys that are professionals and carry themselves with a certain sense of confidence that is calming as a fan. Think about it for a minute. Can you honestly see this team coming out just dead flat and guys like AR, JPep, Claymaker, Sitton, Mike D etc. etc. not blowing a gasket and correcting the ship before it's too late? Look at the Jets game from earlier this season and I think you will see what I am talking about. We came out of the gates like a 3 legged horse and before you knew it were in danger of getting absolutely smoked on our home turf. Nobody said, "well it's just not our day I guess..." or "we will get em next week..." They manned up and started to play Packer ball and found a way to win. The way we are playing at home should also motivate the guys to bring it because if we can force the road to the Bowl to come through Lambeau we will have a true leg up on getting to Arizona. Again, I am not saying we are unbeatable but I just can't see us dropping a game because of a lack of effort or focus. The countdown is on and I am taking tomorrow off so let's all have a great day and prepare to settle in this evening and watch our boys declaw some birds! Everyone join me... GO PACK GO!!!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nail that sticks up gets pounded down.

Just like the Patriots a few weeks ago, the Packers are the #1 target on everyone's list and now gets their A games. I like that because it keeps the team sharp, but it also means that the battles are typically tougher to win than they would have been. I'm hoping for the best.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives: Jamari Lattimore, Justin Perillo, Jeff Janis, Garth Gerhart, Scott Tolzien, Carl Bradford and Bruce Gaston.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another curb-stomping in the make it. I love it. Absolute dominance allows me to watch AND relax.

Members online

Latest posts