Monday night Football v Falcons official thread

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta keep winning. Cardinals will lose at least one more. I'm sure of it. When they do, HFA is there for the taking. Keep the pedal to the metal and keep rolling.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Focus, focus, focus. Can't get caught up in the big win over the Pats. This game is more important anyway, when it comes to tiebreakers. Fortunately, I think MM is great at keeping the team focused and not letting their emotions get the best of them. Gotta stay ahead of Seattle in case Arizona blows the division.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Falcons on paper are better then their record. They had Detroit down 21-0 at halftime on a neutral field and even at 5-7 are still leading their bad division. That being said, there is little reason to think we shouldn't be heavy favorites next Monday. Home December game against a southern dome team that has been inconsistent at best this season. Need to keep pace with Arizona and Philadelphia who are both 9-3 and stay a game ahead of Seattle and Dallas who are 8-4, especially since Seattle has the tiebreaker.

Seattle is visiting Philly next week which is a major game that could influence seeding dramatically in the NFC. Arizona isn't playing very well right now. On paper, you may want Seattle to win to knock Philly a game behind, but then a two game cushion against a team you lose the tiebreaker to isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Regardless, need to take care of business before hitting the road for two games. A first round bye and potential HFA are well within reach. We just gotta take care of our business against a pretty favorable December stretch of games.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons have come back to life and can't be taken lightly. They ran and passed all over a tough Cardinals defense. It's the home stretch and the Packers have to keep gaining momentum.

As for Philly--Seattle next week, it's a tough one to pick. I'd prefer the Eagles to beat them but that means the Eagles could take home field if we lose another. But having to play Seattle in Seattle--no.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons have come back to life and can't be taken lightly. They ran and passed all over a tough Cardinals defense. It's the home stretch and the Packers have to keep gaining momentum.

As for Philly--Seattle next week, it's a tough one to pick. I'd prefer the Eagles to beat them but that means the Eagles could take home field if we lose another. But having to play Seattle in Seattle--no.
Actually, I think it's pretty straightforward. We have the tie-breaker over the Eagles but not the Seahawks. Go Eagles!

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons can beat teams. They beat Arizona today. Coming off a huge game where it was a fight we have to be ready. Glad this is at Lambeau in primetime and on a Monday. Should be another fun one. These guys are better than their record.

I'll go:

Falcons: 21
Packers: 31

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be an easy win for the Packers at home.

I would expect something like 48-24.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers offense sputters in the redzone like it did today the game will be very close, and will have to rely on Crosby to keep the birds at bay. Normally a 5-7 team would be wrote off as a win, but the fact they are first in their division (not tied they hold the tie-breaker) Atlanta will bring everything they've got and Smith is fighting for his job this year also.

27-23 Pack at worst

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't going to be pretty when the Falcons run into the buzzsaw that is the Greenbay Packers at home.

They got talent at WR but no where else on O. Ryans not that good. There running backs arent special and we should be able to get pressure all day against their O Line.

I would talk about their D if they posed any threat to our offense. Just not a good D

This one will be over early. 44-10 Packers n the only reason we dont put up 50 is because the human victory cigar that is Matt Flynn lets our soon to be two time MVP take yet another 4th quarter off

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew Stanton beat the cardinals today. Hopefully he does that again

Still need them to beat the Seahawks. Absolutely cannot allow the Seahawks to win the division as they would have the tiebreaker over us should we finish with the same records, and I don't see a return trip to Seattle going very well.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I usually don’t like Monday night games but the timing couldn’t be better. The Packers get a full day to revel in their great win yesterday and an extra day to heal. And Packers fans get an extra day to celebrate.

I don’t know how they’ve been playing lately but the Falcons better play out of their minds on defense just to stay in the game: They’re currently 22nd in points surrendered and dead last in yards giving up more than 400 yards/game.

BTW, after seeing Rodgers play one of his best games at Atlanta, I’d rather play them there if the Packers could switch the Bills to a home game.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually don’t like Monday night games but the timing couldn’t be better. The Packers get a full day to revel in their great win yesterday and an extra day to heal. And Packers fans get an extra day to celebrate.

I don’t know how they’ve been playing lately but the Falcons better play out of their minds on defense just to stay in the game: They’re currently 22nd in points surrendered and dead last in yards giving up more than 400 yards/game.

BTW, after seeing Rodgers play one of his best games at Atlanta, I’d rather play them there if the Packers could switch the Bills to a home game.

Indeed, and it's highly unlikely since Atlanta is rated almost dead last in defense. In fact....they ARE rated dead last in team defense. #32 against the pass, #21 against the run. #32 against the pass??? OMG. How in the world are they going to defend against Rodgers and the Packers passing attack? Even if their offense does come to play, I can't see them keeping up Rodgers and co. I just keep reminding myself that any given Sunday. . . .

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not confident because of the win against New England, I'm just confident in the Packers. I don't even think that this will be close. Green Bay will win big against the Falcons who are one dimensional and will struggle mightily to score points.

packer_brax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks to be a good match up with our 6-0 record at home and the inconsistent Matt Ryan and their ranked 32nd defense against the clearly #1 ranked team in the NFL the Green Bay Packers no worries on week 14's Monday night football game it'll be a piece of cheese cake

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Packer team will not overlook the Falcons. There is so very much at stake and they know that a win over the Pats isn't a big deal if they drop games afterwards. The Falcons are a decent, middle of the road team and I mean absolutely no offense by that. They have some nice weapons at WR, a Top 6-10 type QB and a running back who may be long in the tooth but can still make a defense pay. The defensive side of the ball is where I see the massive discrepancy between these two teams. I just can't see their D slowing us down or at least keep us down enough to get a victory in this one. They have nowhere near the secondary the Pats have and as a matter of fact they rank dead last in opponents passing yards allowed (284.9 yds/game allowed!!!) To further compound their porous pass defense they can't get to the QB and have only registered 14 sacks as a team on the season. The Packers conversely have double that. Those are just brutal numbers and I dare anyone to tell me that unit can slow down 12 and Co. enough to stay close. I know there are fluke games that happen but if one were to just look at the raw numbers and take team, heart and personnel out of the equation this one looks like a Tyson vs. insert early 90's bum type scenario. We all know AR has had some decent success vs the birds before and I see that trend continuing in this one. Defensively I think we are really starting to hit our stride. The youngsters are stepping up and our playmakers are doing just that. I am not saying we are currently a Top 5 unit or anything but 1) we don't need to be and 2) I sure as hell think we could play that way here on out. This Falcon team is the same one that has lost to the likes of the Vikes, Giants (ouch) and Bears and most of those losses weren't very close. Here is my plan for winning this one. Show up. That's it, seriously just show up. I don't mean this in a derogatory way simply that if the same team that has been on this streak shows up there is a very slim chance the Falcons can pull the upset. Now if we turn the ball over, have break downs in the secondary and muck it up on ST's ATL is certainly capable of beating the Pack. As I have mentioned in earlier posts this team has a similar feel to it as the '10 team in that we have some excellent leadership both verbally and physically. There is a certain level of confidence that just comes off the screen and that's the feel great teams have. I can't remember the last time I had to scream at the TV (more than just a play or two) about a lack of emotion or effort by our boys. This unit seems to have a certain sense of pride to it and they carry themselves as if they expect to win. It is very easy to talk this way but to walk it is a different animal. If any Falcon fans are reading this I want to make clear that I am not bagging on your squad I just feel that after looking at the raw numbers The G and G should roll and roll somewhat comfortably in this one. On a side note I actually like (as much as a real Packer fan can "like" any other team) the Falcons from watching them on Hard Knocks this pre-season. They seem to have some pretty good guys and Mike Smith seems like a genuinely decent man. Good luck and I am going to go ahead and call this one a Good Guys victory with the final score being 37-17. G P G!!!

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The falcons will bring their A game for sure knowing we owned them in the past, sorda like the 49ers owned us 4 times in a row. Our offense is going to do their thing regardless. Just hope the D is not sleep, cause julio is playing lights out. I honestly think we win the pack just seem like there in the zone. This will be a high scoring game. I'm calling game 48-16 go pack go. I think we just match up well with stationary QBs, we struggle with mobile ones of any sort

Members online

Latest posts