Minnesota Sinks To 0-4

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont even think the vikings take Luck if they get #1. With the new rookie cap, I wouldnt be surpised to see alot of trade scenarios from all sorts of teams since a #1 pick doesnt break the bank anymore.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm... Here's another theory on the Vikings getting Luck. I brought this up in another thread. Is it possible the Vikings may tank their season just to get that #1 pick, Luck? I know it seems farfetched, but hear me out. The whole team would most certainly have to be in it or in the least be made aware of it. They would pitch it as being for the greater good of the team. They'd have to keep it all on the low, can you imagine the league imposing fines and penalties on them if somebody leaked? I'm saying this because I wouldn't put it past a team to try and pull this. The Vikings are 0-4. Their losses have not been by much, 4.5 I believe somebody said so at least they are making it convincing.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I've seen worse and I honesty have to wonder about this. There are teams stupid enough to risk it.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well right now its the between the Dolphins, Vikings, Colts and Rams. I don't see the Rams picking him and I don't see them being down all year. It really matter which teams QB starts to play better. Painter had a pretty good game tonight. McNabb is getting better? Of the 4 teams the Vikings are losing by the least. If that counts for anything.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Packer fans would know about drafting franchise QB's, since it was 49 years between them drafting franchise QB's.

Im sorry, do you resent me because my team has drafted 1 franchise QB pretty much my entire life? I mean we have been so set at QB we even cut a future HOF QB.

Actually what would my team affiliation have to do with me judging QBs? If anything I know what a HOF QB looks like. Do you?

On top of that I ventured out to Palo Alto to see Mr. Luck in person, so I can tell you with first hand knowledge that he is the real deal. :)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Im sorry, do you resent me because my team has drafted 1 franchise QB pretty much my entire life? I mean we have been so set at QB we even cut a future HOF QB.

Actually what would my team affiliation have to do with me judging QBs? If anything I know what a HOF QB looks like. Do you?

On top of that I ventured out to Palo Alto to see Mr. Luck in person, so I can tell you with first hand knowledge that he is the real deal. :)
Not resenting you personally. Making a comment on the fact that while the Packers have had two good QB's in a row they criticze other teams for not drafting franchise QB's over the last 15 years. Many seem to forget that the Packers of the past didn't do a very good job of drafting QB's themselves. Sorry if you took it personally, that's why I used the term "fans" with a s. Meaning "Packer fans", in general. While they did draft some good QB's that went to other teams none would be considered top tier like Rodgers and what's his name.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not resenting you personally. Making a comment on the fact that while the Packers have had two good QB's in a row they criticze other teams for not drafting franchise QB's over the last 15 years. Many seem to forget that the Packers of the past didn't do a very good job of drafting QB's themselves. Sorry if you took it personally, that's why I used the term "fans" with a s. Meaning "Packer fans", in general. While they did draft some good QB's that went to other teams none would be considered top tier like Rodgers and what's his name.

Minnesota hasnt had a bad enough season in a long long time to get a top pick I dont think to draft a great QB coming out of college. Picks like Brady I dont count as no one knew.

Who knows, maybe you will end up with matt flynn though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, you can take specific games where the defense had the bigger impact but the fact is that you do not win championships without an elite QB. Not since Brad Johnson in 03 has a non-elite QB won a title. The NFL is a passing league and we have the best passer.

I am not saying Rodgers didnt have a hand in winning, we all know he did....The statement I replied to was, that we needed Rodgers to win the championship...

I simply pointed out that the D for at least 2 games in the playoffs, we needed them to make a stop and they did...

Jennings even mentioned it on the sidelines on sound fx....I love our defesne to death but we cant depend on them like this every week is basically what he said...

In the playoffs, Rodgers never had to get in fg range or get a td...

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Hmmmm... Here's another theory on the Vikings getting Luck. I brought this up in another thread. Is it possible the Vikings may tank their season just to get that #1 pick, Luck? I know it seems farfetched, but hear me out. The whole team would most certainly have to be in it or in the least be made aware of it. They would pitch it as being for the greater good of the team. They'd have to keep it all on the low, can you imagine the league imposing fines and penalties on them if somebody leaked? I'm saying this because I wouldn't put it past a team to try and pull this. The Vikings are 0-4. Their losses have not been by much, 4.5 I believe somebody said so at least they are making it convincing.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I've seen worse and I honesty have to wonder about this. There are teams stupid enough to risk it.

You would never be able to get 53 guys to throw a season. Too much professional and personal pride to do that. What about Christian Ponder? Think he'll go along with that?

This kind of nonsense happens in the NBA, not the NFL.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would never be able to get 53 guys to throw a season. Too much professional and personal pride to do that. What about Christian Ponder? Think he'll go along with that?

This kind of nonsense happens in the NBA, not the NFL.

It was a long shot even for a conspiracy theory. I don't think even 53 Vikings would do it plus you'd have to always worry about somebody leaking and repercussions from the NFL. I think some teams would consider it but considering it is a long way from executing it. It would be a hell of a thing if somebody actually pulled it off.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, maybe if a team was one loss away from locking a #1, why not, no one would have to be in on it but a few people. But you dont draft a QB in the first round, then bring in a veteran QB with the plan to get #1 the next season.

You would draft a compliment in the first for your plotted #1 pick and start Joe Webb.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
On Pro Football Talk, it's been in discussion of McNabb being a future Hall of Famer, and one article compared him to Jim Kelly.

McNabb is a good QB, but if Randall Cunnigham isn't in the Hall of Fame, I don't think McNabb should be.

I wouldn't compare him to Kelly. The Bills were loaded back then, and they should have beat the Giants by that missed field goal. That's one game he didn't blow. Jim Kelly lost the big game 4 times, but I don't think it was all his fault, yet it's real easy to put the blame on one person. They were one missed field goal away from world champions in 1990, but their real problem was never changing their offensive game plans, by the time you make it to the Super Bowl running the same offense all year long, Dallas and Washington were just waiting for it.. That's why it was so easy to lose the next 3. I would say Thurman Thomas' fumble in the 4th Super Bowl was a big momentum change, and lead to them getting their ***** kicked.

McNabb lost many NFC Championship games, but I think where it hurts him was the Super Bowl. He had a career season and no one expected him to go into that game and force the ball around to get picked off 3 times, when he only had 8 interceptions during the season. The Eagles out played the Patriots and could have won that game without turning the ball over.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
On Pro Football Talk, it's been in discussion of McNabb being a future Hall of Famer, and one article compared him to Jim Kelly.

McNabb is a good QB, but if Randall Cunnigham isn't in the Hall of Fame, I don't think McNabb should be.

I wouldn't compare him to Kelly. The Bills were loaded back then, and they should have beat the Giants by that missed field goal. That's one game he didn't blow. Jim Kelly lost the big game 4 times, but I don't think it was all his fault, yet it's real easy to put the blame on one person. They were one missed field goal away from world champions in 1990, but their real problem was never changing their offensive game plans, by the time you make it to the Super Bowl running the same offense all year long, Dallas and Washington were just waiting for it.. That's why it was so easy to lose the next 3. I would say Thurman Thomas' fumble in the 4th Super Bowl was a big momentum change, and lead to them getting their ***** kicked.

McNabb lost many NFC Championship games, but I think where it hurts him was the Super Bowl. He had a career season and no one expected him to go into that game and force the ball around to get picked off 3 times, when he only had 8 interceptions during the season. The Eagles out played the Patriots and could have won that game without turning the ball over.

To me, McNabb is one of those "hall of very good" type guys. I don't know that McNabb was ever elite but he was a top 7 QB for a good 7 or 8 years. Watching him recently, it's hard to remember him ever being that good.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, McNabb is one of those "hall of very good" type guys. I don't know that McNabb was ever elite but he was a top 7 QB for a good 7 or 8 years. Watching him recently, it's hard to remember him ever being that good.

McNabb is one of my favorite QBs but even I wouldn't call him elite. He hit his peak in the early to mid 2000's but I don't think he every touched the realm of elite. He was great for sure, perhaps one of the best the Eagles ever had, but sadly not elite.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again.
Time to contact the Vikings janitor to go over and dust off the Vikings Super Bowl trophies.
What's that?
The trophy case is empty?!
Time to get Scooby Doo and the gang on the case!
Wait.
Put down the phone.
There were never any Super Bowl trophies to begin with?
So it wasn't a bunch of meddling kids wearing Packers jerseys after all?
Whew! That's a relief!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again.
Time to contact the Vikings janitor to go over and dust off the Vikings Super Bowl trophies.
What's that?
The trophy case is empty?!
Time to get Scooby Doo and the gang on the case!
Wait.
Put down the phone.
There were never any Super Bowl trophies to begin with?
So it wasn't a bunch of meddling kids wearing Packers jerseys after all?
Whew! That's a relief!
Funny thing, I was at the Packer HOF this summer and I only saw 4 trophies. The Packers claim 13 Championships but I saw only 4 trophies. Why is that?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny thing, I was at the Packer HOF this summer and I only saw 4 trophies. The Packers claim 13 Championships but I saw only 4 trophies. Why is that?

Only a viking fan would ask why they only have 4 Lombardi trophies.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
My Colts need him if some of the rumors I have heard of Manning are true. He may come back next year but even Dungy has implied he has a feeling Peyton may only be a go for another season. There are mixed reactions out there on Peyton and nobody knows the whole truth. The truth is it sounds pretty bad. Even if he can come back he may never be the same or even if he is the same he always has the risk of serious injury/damage.

I am kind of on the Luck bandwagon but I also want a new head coach in town. I will be greedy and say I would like to clean house a bit. I hope Peyton can come back and he would be a great mentor to Luck for a while. Peyton is already mentoring our offense and helping out Painter and things have improved a bit.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Colts need him if some of the rumors I have heard of Manning are true. He may come back next year but even Dungy has implied he has a feeling Peyton may only be a go for another season. There are mixed reactions out there on Peyton and nobody knows the whole truth. The truth is it sounds pretty bad. Even if he can come back he may never be the same or even if he is the same he always has the risk of serious injury/damage.

I am kind of on the Luck bandwagon but I also want a new head coach in town. I will be greedy and say I would like to clean house a bit. I hope Peyton can come back and he would be a great mentor to Luck for a while. Peyton is already mentoring our offense and helping out Painter and things have improved a bit.

I dont think he will ever be back.

Members online

Latest posts