Minnesota Sinks To 0-4

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Up to their schemes to sell tickets again this year. Seems only Packer fans want to go to the dump.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you so sure Ponder isn't going to be any good?

Actually, I think Ponder is going to be really good, but I'm not the poor unfortunate soul running the Vikings organization. I've been saying all along they should keep Ponder, have McNabb mentor him and make a franchise QB out of him. I think they should of started Ponder from day 1 this season and not of signed McNabb at all. But having McNabb there, I think they should put him to use. But do you think, if given the chance, they wouldn't go for Luck? What on earth would they do with Ponder then?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Actually, I think Ponder is going to be really good, but I'm not the poor unfortunate soul running the Vikings organization. I've been saying all along they should keep Ponder, have McNabb mentor him and make a franchise QB out of him. I think they should of started Ponder from day 1 this season and not of signed McNabb at all. But having McNabb there, I think they should put him to use. But do you think, if given the chance, they wouldn't go for Luck? What on earth would they do with Ponder then?
Keep both the first year and see who seems to be better. It would make no difference, because whoever MN gave up would end up being the better QB.

I didn't want McNabb anymore than I wanted that other old Jets's QB. McNabb sucks. If he could complete 64% of his passes MN could easily be 5-0. Or at least 4-1. When a 13 year vet can't hit a wide open TE 7 yards down-field, he sucks.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep both the first year and see who seems to be better. It would make no difference, because whoever MN gave up would end up being the better QB.
I didn't want McNabb anymore than I wanted that other old Jets's QB. McNabb sucks. If he could complete 64% of his passes MN could easily be 5-0. Or at least 4-1. When a 13 year vet can't hit a wide open TE 7 yards down-field, he sucks.

That's actually a really good idea to keep both and see who does the best. All I've been hearing is how good Luck is going to be. What if he gets into the NFL and chokes, can't keep up at the NFL level? I know it's not likely to happen and most likely some team will have themselves an great/ maybe elite if we are to buy the hype, QB in a few years time. But what if he's not?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I wouldn't see the Vikings in the "Suck for Luck" Contest. You know I can see McNabb starting this, then next weekend, and the Packers get rid of him for good. Then the next game versus Ponder the Vikings put up a decent fight, kind of like the opposite of last year.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't see the Vikings in the "Suck for Luck" Contest. You know I can see McNabb starting this, then next weekend, and the Packers get rid of him for good. Then the next game versus Ponder the Vikings put up a decent fight, kind of like the opposite of last year.

Be careful what you wish for with Ponder. We don't want a Kolb/ Vick in reverse on our hands. I have a funny feeling, the Vikings with Ponder at the helm may just be a whole new team. If I were the Vikings, I would never of signed McNabb, I would of started Ponder from day one. Alas, each day I pray the Vikings don't realize this! If they were half as smart as some of us on this forum, the Vikings would be above .500.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for with Ponder. We don't want a Kolb/ Vick in reverse on our hands. I have a funny feeling, the Vikings with Ponder at the helm may just be a whole new team. If I were the Vikings, I would never of signed McNabb, I would of started Ponder from day one. Alas, each day I pray the Vikings don't realize this! If they were half as smart as some of us on this forum, the Vikings would be above .500.
If I were half as smart as many on this board think they are, I would have more money than Warren Buffett.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were half as smart as many on this board think they are, I would have more money than Warren Buffett.

Warren Buffett has all that money only because he is lucky and he hasn't come across a smarter opponent.

So, I take it not even Warren Buffett can make the Vikings over .500.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they'll beat the Bears this week. The Vikings, while not being very good, match up well against the Bears with no OL (Jared Allen should have a nice time) and can't stop the run (a good day for AP on your fantasy teams).

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Has it caught anyone's attention that Minnesota is only averaging around 150 passing yards per game?

No wonder Peterson is getting so many carries.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Has it caught anyone's attention that Minnesota is only averaging around 150 passing yards per game?

Other than that first 39 yard game it's actually been about 200 yards per game. More importantly, minus that first game, it's only 3 tds and 1 int. Not real impressive for a 13 year veteran.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

But doesn't anyone think, other than Raptorman, that this past Sunday showed the Vikings still have a chance to be pretty good?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts