Minnesota Sinks To 0-4

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I never thought I'd see them suck this bad, I thought they would at least find a way to win today, but I was wrong.

The Vikings REALLY do suck.

I seen fans blaming it on McNabb, you can always blame it on the quarterback and sure he made mistakes, he's known for that, but the play calling, and everything that I seen was terrible.

Every second half, they don't run the ball like the first half, when they should be running it.

3 games in a row they had won and lost them. Then this game, they should have and could have won it, but didn't.

and final verdict; Minnesota still sucks.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Lets hope they don't continue to suck so bad they get the first shot at Luck in next years draft. We are going to have our hands full with the lions in the future (But not this year).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Viking suck?
Good!
McNabb is proving to us that he is overrated.
And you'd think these guys would learn by now from getting overrated QBs.
But I'm fine if they keep on skipping school.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I can't wait for the idiots to start screaming start Ponder now!

Sort of like the Denver fans screaming for Tebow. Like Tebow will fix their problems.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are blowing leads like crazy and digging themselves into a pretty deep hole. I still feel bad for McNabb, he's one of my favorite QBs.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the Vikings getting Luck. Indy and Miami might not hit 3 wins each this year. AP should be good for a couple of wins with some huge games.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets hope they don't continue to suck so bad they get the first shot at Luck in next years draft. We are going to have our hands full with the lions in the future (But not this year).
We had our hands full with the Lions last year actually. Lost once, and barely beat them in Green Bay early in the year, with their backup QB playing.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the Vikings getting Luck. Indy and Miami might not hit 3 wins each this year. AP should be good for a couple of wins with some huge games.

We d0n't want him going to the AFC either. Think SB. Would make for one hell of a battle of QBs, Luck Vs Rodgers but of course we are giving a lot of credit to Luck and counting on eggs before they hatch. Spanish Rose brought up a good point. What's with all this Luck worship? Who really knows how he is going to react to NFL style of play. He might totally tank or he might go to a team that totally sucks and be wasted for 5 years. I'm going to refer to the wisdom of LTF again. A team has got to have the D, QB and offensive line to be totally elite, they can't just have the QB. If Luck goes to a team that is say, 3-13, sure they may have a great or possibly elite QB, but with no offensive line to protect him, no one to pass to, no where or no one to run, that team is going to run out of luck pretty dang quick. <<<pun intentional

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
We d0n't want him going to the AFC either. Think SB. Would make for one hell of a battle of QBs, Luck Vs Rodgers but of course we are giving a lot of credit to Luck and counting on eggs before they hatch. Spanish Rose brought up a good point. What's with all this Luck worship? Who really knows how he is going to react to NFL style of play. He might totally tank or he might go to a team that totally sucks and be wasted for 5 years. I'm going to refer to the wisdom of LTF again. A team has got to have the D, QB and offensive line to be totally elite, they can't just have the QB. If Luck goes to a team that is say, 3-13, sure they may have a great or possibly elite QB, but with no offensive line to protect him, no one to pass to, no where or no one to run, that team is going to run out of luck pretty dang quick. <<<pun intentional

So basically we don't want him in the NFL is what you're saying. Nobody thinks "I hope good players don't go to the other conference, then we'd have to play against them in the Super Bowl." This assumes that we'll be making more Super Bowls in the near future. Obviously we have as good of a chance as anyone but getting to the big game is still extremely tough.

Peyton Manning/Tom Brady beg to differ on bolded statement #2.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically we don't want him in the NFL is what you're saying. Nobody thinks "I hope good players don't go to the other conference, then we'd have to play against them in the Super Bowl." This assumes that we'll be making more Super Bowls in the near future. Obviously we have as good of a chance as anyone but getting to the big game is still extremely tough.

He's going to be coming to the NFL whether I like it or not. What I am disputing is he going to be as good as everyone is making him out to be. If he is going to be that good, as a Packer fan, I'd prefer him to be where he'd do the least amount of damage to my team.

Bolded statement #2. Elite teams, totaly elite team is elite D, elite QB and elite offensive line. It's about having the total package. Look to the Packers for this. P. Manning and Brady may be elite QBs but they are elite QBs on a great team. NOT an elite team. I'd define Tom Brady as elite any day but I would not call the Patriots as a team elite. Is that making any sense?

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
He's going to be coming to the NFL whether I like it or not. What I am disputing is he going to be as good as everyone is making him out to be. If he is going to be that good, as a Packer fan, I'd prefer him to be where he'd do the least amount of damage to my team.

Bolded statement #2. Elite teams, totaly elite team is elite D, elite QB and elite offensive line. It's about having the total package. Look to the Packers for this. P. Manning and Brady may be elite QBs but they are elite QBs on a great team. NOT an elite team. I'd define Tom Brady as elite any day but I would not call the Patriots as a team elite. Is that making any sense?

You said you didn't want him going to the AFC. You do realize that, if Luck landed in the AFC, we would face him once every four years? The least amount of damage would be Luck drafted by an AFC team. You would rather have him in the NFC? I just don't understand that.

Elite QB is the hardest position in professional sports to find and if you happen to land one, you've completed the toughest step on your list. By your definition, there are no elite teams in the NFL. The 2011 Packers have only one of the three areas that you say are needed to be an elite team.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The reason the pats cant win a playoff game is because their defense sucks. When they won all those superbowls they had the best D in the nfl. When the colts won their defense was playing damn good.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said you didn't want him going to the AFC. You do realize that, if Luck landed in the AFC, we would face him once every four years? The least amount of damage would be Luck drafted by an AFC team. You would rather have him in the NFC? I just don't understand that.

Elite QB is the hardest position in professional sports to find and if you happen to land one, you've completed the toughest step on your list. By your definition, there are no elite teams in the NFL. The 2011 Packers have only one of the three areas that you say are needed to be an elite team.
I wouldnt call the oline elite but the defense after last year deserves at least half the season before we call them not elite. When we need a play I trust the defense to make it.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ok, then by that logic, I revoke my wish to NOT see him in the AFC. My only worry with that is if we got to face him in the SB, assuming as you said both teams made it.

Now we are getting to definitions of "elite." That's a whole new thread! We can hijack this one, I suppose, lol. It makes an interesting discussion because everyone's definition for elite is somewhat subjective. We put different parameters and criteria into formulating what we define as elitism. My definition may come closer (loathe am I to admit to it) to the Cowboys multiple Superbowl runs in the mid 90's. That team was freakin elite and I hated them for it. I think the Packers come closest to any team in the NFL, currently. Our offensive line and QB I would define as elite. Not sure about the D yet but I think they will step it up. But give them borderline.

Back to Luck. What if Aaron went to SF and Alex came here? Where would both teams be? Would you have SF winning the SB last year with Aaron at the helm? Would Smith be able to light up the Packers offense the way Aaron does? Try and place Luck into different teams and then project where you think that team will go. All this assuming Luck is as good as we think he is going to be. All I'm saying is the QB has got to have something to work with.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="Future, post: 389188"]You said you didn't want him going to the AFC. You do realize that, if Luck landed in the AFC, we would face him once every four years? The least amount of damage would be Luck drafted by an AFC team. You would rather have him in the NFC? I just don't understand that.

Elite QB is the hardest position in professional sports to find and if you happen to land one, you've completed the toughest step on your list. By your definition, there are no elite teams in the NFL. The 2011 Packers have only one of the three areas that you say are needed to be an elite team.[/quote]

I agree I would rather him end up in the afc. That also means hes not in the nfc north!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt call the oline elite but the defense after last year deserves at least half the season before we call them not elite. When we need a play I trust the defense to make it.

I'm going to plead the case of the oline. Jennings, Driver, Starks, Grant, Nelson, just those offensive weapons alone are caue for argument. Plus we are getting the protection for Aaron this year that we lacked somewhat last year.

Good argument for the D. :)

Members online

Latest posts