Minnesota Packers

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson worked out for the Vikings.

He would be the 3rd Packer to move to the Vikings. Funny how Houston and Minnesota are stocking with GPB send offs.

I'd be happy for Ferguson if he has a successful career elsewhere, even if it's there. He's a good guy, and I don't understand why folks were so harsh to him on the forum.

Yes, he should have been cut last year, not this year. That's not my point though.

However, I'd be very happy if we still had Sharper. He's pretty good in Madden '08.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I heard that Sharper was close to being cut for salary cap reasons.

There will be a day when Sharper regrets signing with the Queens. He will never be thought of as one of the Packer greats because of not only signing withe the Queens but for what he has said about the Packers. he will never be thought of as a Packer.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

There will be a day when Sharper regrets signing with the Queens. He will never be thought of as one of the Packer greats because of not only signing withe the Queens but for what he has said about the Packers. he will never be thought of as a Packer.

Funny, I thought he would not be thought of as a great Packer because of 4th and 26, and Owens last second catch in a playoff game. I know, I know you can't blame those plays on Darlene, but he strutted like a marquee player. And a marquee player does not let those plays happen.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:

If he's cut, do we want him back?
I do. Anyone else?

You'll be in the minority on that one, I'm sure.

give me Collins and Bibgby\Rouse over Darren "Almost" Sharper

He almost has interceptions and good plays. Almost.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Minnesota Vikings safety Darren Sharper (42) avoids the attempted tackle by New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington as Sharper returns an interception for a 40-yard touchdown during first quarter NFL pre-season football Friday night, Aug. 17, 2007, at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Two years in Minnesota:

Interceptions - 13
Tackles - 92

Ya nailed that one trom :doh:

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper has a way of showing up when it matters least (i.e., a preseason game, or late in the 4th quarter during a blow-out). He is the king of meaningless turnovers. Good riddance.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Minnesota Vikings safety Darren Sharper (42) avoids the attempted tackle by New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington as Sharper returns an interception for a 40-yard touchdown during first quarter NFL pre-season football Friday night, Aug. 17, 2007, at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.

Two years in Minnesota:

Interceptions - 13
Tackles - 92

and how many TD's has he allowed since he joined?

(someone with the picture of Driver burning Sharper, post that bad boy)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
tromadz said:

Two years in Minnesota:

Interceptions - 13
Tackles - 92

and how many TD's has he allowed since he joined?

(someone with the picture of Driver burning Sharper, post that bad boy)

at least one that we know of!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Come on guys, Sharper was a decent player in his days here... he made his share of big plays. Do we forget the pick in the Viking game at Lambeau in the freezing cold late in the game...

Did his mouth ramble on a little too much in talking trash back to the Packers... yes, yes it did. But he was released by us without getting beat out on the field... he was released because he was deemed not worth the contract he had signed with us. It was a bang to his pride I am sure...

But that doesn't take away that he was a good player for us in his days here. I certainly would take him over Manuel in a beat of my Green and Gold heart.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys, Sharper was a decent player in his days here... he made his share of big plays. Do we forget the pick in the Viking game at Lambeau in the freezing cold late in the game...

Did his mouth ramble on a little too much in talking trash back to the Packers... yes, yes it did. But he was released by us without getting beat out on the field... he was released because he was deemed not worth the contract he had signed with us. It was a bang to his pride I am sure...

But that doesn't take away that he was a good player for us in his days here. I certainly would take him over Manuel in a beat of my Green and Gold heart.

but not over the ...... SPIDER MONKEY!!

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FERGUSON TO VIKINGS

They say that one man's trash is another man's treasure. In the NFC North, the cliche´ couldn't be more accurate.

The Vikings and the Packers have a history of picking through each other's garbage, and the tradition apparently will continue when former Green Bay receiver Robert Ferguson signs with the purple rivals to the west.

Per Scout.com, citing a television report from Houston, Ferguson will pass on a potential opportunity to join the Texans, and will instead join the Vikings.

Though heading to Houston seemed to be a natural fit for Ferguson, the truth is that he would have become, at best, the No. 3 man on the depth chart there. In Minnesota, he could soon be the go-to guy.

Last year, the Vikings cut receiver Koren Robinson not long after an alcohol-fueled high-speed police chase back to the team's training camp. Enter the Packers, who signed Robinson before a one-year suspension was imposed on him.

Other former Packers in Minnesota include kicker Ryan Longwell and safety Darren Sharper.

lol... Ferguson the "go-to" guy. Says something about the Vikings receivers

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D turned Ferg in to a #5-6 receiver. Ferg made Hawkins look like a #6-7 DB. Says alot about the Vikes this year !
Ferg is a good guy though. No hard feelings at all.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For good lord almighty... Sharper sucked.

His best play ever was in a pre-season game against the cardinals, maybe four years ago. He delivered a great hit post catch. And it was typical Darren, big, meaningless play.

He never got my love as a packer and sure don't miss him, and yes, he looks great in purple.

Members online

Latest posts