Marquez Valdes-Scantling

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ball protection has nothing to do with his position ahead or behind LoS.

Kinda does.

That’s not a position he gets the ball often. The coaches know his strengths and weaknesses. Need to be better about using players the right way.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh dear lord...so because a guy has proven he may not have a ceiling of STUD #2 you cut him. Dear lord folks...step back from the ledge.
I’m not picking on you in particular... but I have seen way more posts saying why we should not cut MVS than I have seen suggesting we should. I agree with you that we shouldn’t.... I just think we are giving way to much credence to this argument. It almost seems like the predominant feeling in here is that he should be cut, when I suspect the opposite is true.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh dear lord...so because a guy has proven he may not have a ceiling of STUD #2 you cut him. Dear lord folks...step back from the ledge.

You have 2 options, find someone else (we should have already done this) and move on once his contract is up.. OR you continue to keep moving forward and forgive the growing pains and HOPE he pans out

The issue with the 2nd is that's NOT how a championship ready football team operates. Not at WR #2

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have 2 options, find someone else (we should have already done this) and move on once his contract is up.. OR you continue to keep moving forward and forgive the growing pains and HOPE he pans out

The issue with the 2nd is that's NOT how a championship ready football team operates. Not at WR #2

Or you could add a player at WR AND keep MVS.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or you could add a player at WR AND keep MVS.

Why when we already know what he is? You can find a fast deep threat in the draft for cheap.. why would you sign up for a potential "expensive contract" on a mediocre receiver and you already know what you have

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why when we already know what he is? You can find a fast deep threat in the draft for cheap.. why would you sign up for a potential "expensive contract" on a mediocre receiver and you already know what you have

IF it was that easy to find a guy that can blow the top...LOL...you know what nevermind. Have fun in your land of make believe.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh really? How many guys in the league are averaging over 20 yards a catch? 10 yards per target? Have averaged 17 yards a catch for their career?

If that’s so easy to replace, then I expect there will be quite a few names on that list that are cheap too.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh really? How many guys in the league are averaging over 20 yards a catch? 10 yards per target? Have averaged 17 yards a catch for their career?

If that’s so easy to replace, then I expect there will be quite a few names on that list that are cheap too.

Well most guys don't average strictly that BECAUSE THEY ARE ABLE TO DO OTHER THINGS THAN STRICTLY CATCH DEEP BALLS.

And if that's all you CAN do, then guess what? You don't see the field a ton because in the NFL you have to be more than just a one trick pony AS A #2

This isn't hard here guys

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unfortunate fumble but they wouldn't have been in a position to win without him. he's on the up i think.

Last 3-4 weeks there has been major progression in his routes, blocking and ability to sit in coverages at times....I'm just hoping this doesn't crush all that progress he I think was finally accomplishing. Is he ever going to be a dynamite #2, no. Dude has the ability to be a big part of what makes our offense a threat though.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well most guys don't average strictly that BECAUSE THEY ARE ABLE TO DO OTHER THINGS THAN STRICTLY CATCH DEEP BALLS.

And if that's all you CAN do, then guess what? You don't see the field a ton because in the NFL you have to be more than just a one trick pony AS A #2

This isn't hard here guys

I don’t think you’re quite understanding.

MVS should not be a 2nd best WR on a team. I don’t think anybody here is arguing that. I don’t even think he’s the 2nd best on this team, so kind of a moot point.

MVS still plays a valuable role. If you think deep threats are easy to find, then find them, and for cheap. You said it, cheap and easy. MVS is a lot like Martavis Bryant for Pittsburgh a while back. Just a deep threat. A one trick pony, if you will. Lots of teams have one trick ponies. Try to pay a little bit of attention around the league.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
List of guys averaging 20 yards or more per catch in the entire league:

Marquez Valdes-Scantling

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll even update the list to include anyone with 19 yards per catch in the entire league:

Marquez Valdes-Scantling

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think you’re quite understanding.

MVS should not be a 2nd best WR on a team. I don’t think anybody here is arguing that. I don’t even think he’s the 2nd best on this team, so kind of a moot point.

MVS still plays a valuable role. If you think deep threats are easy to find, then find them, and for cheap. You said it, cheap and easy. MVS is a lot like Martavis Bryant for Pittsburgh a while back. Just a deep threat. A one trick pony, if you will. Lots of teams have one trick ponies. Try to pay a little bit of attention around the league.

My post is about him being your #2 WR (Try and pay attention please)

I typed out a long response, and deleted it because in the end all my point is was you DON'T pay $$ to MVS to be your #3-4 WR unless he's dirt cheap (he won't be) because he's never gonna be your #2

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about MVS is that despite his warts, and there certainly are some, he’s averaging 10 yards a target. That’s very good. He HAS to be accounted for by the defense.

He’s either bringing in a long pass, or long PI, more than 50% of the passes going to him. Anybody who doesn’t think that’s valuable and worth keeping, needs to take a long look around the league.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point the GB receiver corps is what it is: not good enough even if you have Aaron ******* Rogers back there.

Next summer, if MVS and EQ even have a shot at making the roster then we need a new GM. We need to fill one floor of the dorm with receiver candidates and give everyone from division III on up a try-out. Buy a couple more ***** machines and fill the air with footballs until you find a guy who catch.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My post is about him being your #2 WR (Try and pay attention please)

I typed out a long response, and deleted it because in the end all my point is was you DON'T pay $$ to MVS to be your #3-4 WR unless he's dirt cheap (he won't be) because he's never gonna be your #2

So he stinks, but he’s also going to be too expensive to keep?

My math skills are a little fuzzy, but that doesn’t add up.

Brockington 42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is awful...no excuse at all...let him (G)o!
I recant my post. After reading into how the team has his back, and it was just bad timing on his fumble, I think we will just see how this will "motivate" him for the rest of the year. Our Packers are still having a very good year. He is a Green Bay Packer, so we should show him more respect.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
3rd year in the league. Can't catch on a consistent basis. Fumbling, and now losing a game for the team. He can't be here much longer. EQST is starting to show his skills, I can't see MVS playing in Green Bay much longer.
You realize he caught a bomb to help get trying FG?

So he helped us tie as well

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Completely agree, more and more Im starting to LOL at the posters here who have said that we couldnt have drafted a rookie who would make a significant impact on the team and improve our super bowl chances. Have they missed how historically loaded this WR class was? Gute deserves all the blame for not addressing the position in the first 2 days of the draft, just like he refused to do it the year prior, plain and simple.

That being said, Im fine with MVS staying on the team next year. He shouldnt be anything better than a 4th, maybe 3th option however.

The last few years it seems more rookie WRs have been producing more and earlier than in the past. I don't know if they are more NFL ready coming out or if teams are realizing that they spent a high pick on the guy so they are getting them involved earlier. Probably a bit of both..

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutting MVS is a bad idea remember Devante had his problems with drops in the beginning of his career, look at him now! MVS has the speed and talent to be a true #2 if he can do a Devante remake give him a minute b4 we throw him out, this D needs more work than offense, imao

I gotta admit I used to refer to Adams as Ronnie Garvin cause early on he had hands of stone.

Members online

Latest posts