Marquez Valdes-Scantling

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shoot! We lost cap space because a player did well!

Well.....WELL!?!?!!??!!

That bum I'll have you know has been identified by a plethora of ignorant Packer fans from their keyboards to a degree which should not be flippantly ignored by such a post of yours! He and he alone...well and King...but MVS is the primary rea....well and the Love pick in the 2020 draft....but MVS nearly is the sole reason why the Packers did not go undefeated, did not win the Super Bowl and why this team will most likely lose Linsley and Jones in Free Agency...and assuredly be why most if not all of Gute's 2021 draft picks suck...

Isn't it nice to see a player drafted where MVS was continue to grow and do well! <--- this is the only part of my post to take serious.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get this man a contract extension this off season before he plays himself into the 2nd tier of WRs in a contract year.

This is something I would have to think Gute and Co. is debating...the issue is we have another weapon in the same boat honestly in Tonyan.

Both of these players will be here in 2021 in my mind without question - obviously MVS is worth this bump and no one is going to bite on a 2nd round tender placed on Tonyan (my expectation).

However, both of these players EASILY could play themselves into big or as you put it 2nd Tier (just below top shelf) type guys that just fiscally may take Green Bay out of their future.

Personally I would love if GB knew internally they want our future to include Lazard or MVS that one of them is signed through 2022. Presently after this season we have zero WR's signed that have sizable playing time at all...none.

I happen to think MVS's floor is precisely what he was for us this year and he is not going to regress. A premiere deep threat in the league, good and willing blocker - who has room for growth in both his hands and his route running (which did broaden in 2020). He is precisely the unique skillset at WR I'm more than willing having hold the fort as my #3/#4 position that somedays will look like a #2 if not a #1 but quickly somedays absorb into the background. The issue with offering him something that he would take now however, he and his agent know the contract explosion he could trigger with a solid 2021 year...does he want to bet on that or take a good but not crazy good contract for whom he is.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought he really took a noticeable step forward the last 3rd of the season in all aspects. Just looked more confident all the way around out there. I am definitely encouraged by what I saw and hope to see those switches keep flipping for him. If he can continue to build on that he could be more than just good enough. His speed could make him special.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought he really took a noticeable step forward the last 3rd of the season in all aspects. Just looked more confident all the way around out there. I am definitely encouraged by what I saw and hope to see those switches keep flipping for him. If he can continue to build on that he could be more than just good enough. His speed could make him special.

His blocking was improved out the gate, there were games this year where he never caught a pass but I honestly nearly gave him a nod as stud in our threads for his constant contributions.

The aggression in his routes and his attacking the ball with his hands that last stretch of the season was incredible....easily was our clear #2 down the stretch.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue with offering him something that he would take now however, he and his agent know the contract explosion he could trigger with a solid 2021 year...does he want to bet on that or take a good but not crazy good contract for whom he is.
This is the issue. Sign an extension now, fer instance, $10m in pocket over the next 2 years with another $12m the last two or gamble that you can get that extra $20m in pocket with your next signing bonus and 1st year salary.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well.....WELL!?!?!!??!!

That bum I'll have you know has been identified by a plethora of ignorant Packer fans from their keyboards to a degree which should not be flippantly ignored by such a post of yours! He and he alone...well and King...but MVS is the primary rea....well and the Love pick in the 2020 draft....but MVS nearly is the sole reason why the Packers did not go undefeated, did not win the Super Bowl and why this team will most likely lose Linsley and Jones in Free Agency...and assuredly be why most if not all of Gute's 2021 draft picks suck...

Isn't it nice to see a player drafted where MVS was continue to grow and do well! <--- this is the only part of my post to take serious.
Ah yes. Player development. You either believe in it or you don’t. Some more to keep an eye on this season would be Martin, Scott, Garvin, Hollman, Samuels, Taylor, Dafney, Nijman, & Braden. Some will make it, some won’t but the cupboard is most definitely not bare.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes. Player development. You either believe in it or you don’t. Some more to keep an eye on this season would be Martin, Scott, Garvin, Hollman, Samuels, Taylor, Dafney, Nijman, & Braden. Some will make it, some won’t but the cupboard is most definitely not bare.

I most assuredly have confidence in Scott the most...but dangit if it wouldn't shock me there is something there in Hollman and Samuels possibly...Martin and Garvin like Scott to me are going to embrace a larger role sufficiently this season after both showing glimpses in a crazy rookie year.

Members online

Latest posts