Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching this offense unfold the way it has this season, I think there's important context missing in this long-*** debate over MVS. This incredible, incredible offense only functions this well in design and execution with WRs who are tough as HELL and mix it up hard whether or not they have their hands on the ball.

I do wish MVS had better hands, and I hope they improve. But to me he looks tough and fearless blocking, or like yesterday reaching for that first down, and we may in this debate be undervaluing how essential that is in MLFs offense.

With that in mind, I think we might look from a slightly different angle at how much MVS brings with his size/strength/speed/toughness combo.

Still wish he had the hands.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching this offense unfold the way it has this season, I think there's important context missing in this long-*** debate over MVS. This incredible, incredible offense only functions this well in design and execution with WRs who are tough as HELL and mix it up hard whether or not they have their hands on the ball.

I do wish MVS had better hands, and I hope they improve. But to me he looks tough and fearless blocking, or like yesterday reaching for that first down, and we may in this debate be undervaluing how essential that is in MLFs offense.

With that in mind, I think we might look from a slightly different angle at how much MVS brings with his size/strength/speed/toughness combo.

I think that’s a good observation.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have hope! Much of this could be applied to Adams in his second season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most people think he was a waste of a pick. I have always said at least give the guy a fighting chance.
Those same people thought Gary was a bust last year too and he's half the reason this defense has been looking like it's actually good enough to play in the big game the 2nd half of the season.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, which is why I'm confused about everyone assuming Love is a future HoFer.

Again with the hyperbole.

The majority of people, or perhaps it’s just the vocal minority, didn’t like the selection of Love. I haven’t seen one person assume he’s a future HOF QB.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
MVS ranks eighth among receivers drafted after the top 100 in receptions and fourth in yards.

While Funchess wouldn't have been an ideal #2 receiver he would have made me feel more comfortable about the talent level at the position.

Thanks for the info.

I got curious and looked this up, so here is MVS this year, Lazard's 16 game pace this year, and Funchess from his best season to date (2017):

MVS: 33/690/6; 20.5 YPR; 52.7 catch %

Lazard: 53/723/5; 13.7 YPR; 71.7 catch %

Funchess: 63/840/8; 13.3 YPR; 56.8 catch %

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS is the type of player who will catch the game-winning TD in the Super Bowl.

Total enigma.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wish in one hand **** in the other...

Just kidding, I know what you mean. On the other hand, preferably not the one you just **** in, I think if you look at the rest of MVSs game the hands become a bit more forgivable. When all we noticed were the big drops that's all that mattered but when we see that he is a pretty darn good blocker and we see grabs like that one hander last night and the move for the first down we start to realize that this guy might be more than just a few dropped passes. I'll be very happy to have MVS on our team next season.

Again with the hyperbole.

The majority of people, or perhaps it’s just the vocal minority, didn’t like the selection of Love. I haven’t seen one person assume he’s a future HOF QB.

If you didn't say anything negative about the pick you think he is a future HOFer and if you aren't incensed that they didn't take a WR it means you think he will become the GOAT. You have to learn to read between the lines of what people write.

MVS is the type of player who will catch the game-winning TD in the Super Bowl.

Total enigma.

I'll take that. Hell I won't even care if he drops two other sure TDs if he is going to catch the game winner.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That statement pretty much sums up your behavior in most discussion :rolleyes:

I have no issue admitting when I’m wrong. Like I was wrong about Sternberger. And I was wrong about Jamaal Williams.

I’m just not wrong here. You shifted the argument, the evidence is plain to see.

Members online

Latest posts