Lions - Studs and Duds

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think this is true at all. Every team needs a backup QB. He has 2+ years in the system. He's on a cheap rookie deal. They had no reason to move on from him whether they thought he was the future or not.
If he was so bad as people think and they just signed Rodgers to 3 years . Why not get rid of him and grab different one?

This was the prove it year for him I am positive if he didn’t show any improvement he would have been traded

Reaction score
WRONG. Alexander was a clear stud, as he almost always is. I'm really not sure how anyone can complain much about the defense at all. They held the Lions to 15 points and 254 yards. Funny how these stupid stud dud threads get after a loss. Objectivity goes out the window an EVERYBODY IS A DUD!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!!
That’s been a common misconception all season (That our Defense is mostly the problem) They are undisciplined and that falls on Barry imo. I believe we have the talent to be a top 5 Defense and if we had a top 5 DC they’d already be there. They are tripping over talented players and are playing slightly above average. They hold opponents to under 20 points per contest and all that with an Offense that is uninspiring.

The Offense is a conundrum.
NO WR1
Lazard is a lower end WR2 having to play CB1
It appears Sammy was nothing more than an oft injured WR3 but they just double team him with their CB2 and a Safety
Cobb is a WR3 that can’t stay on the field. Non factor by default.
Doubs has the talent to go anywhere but he’s still very young. Now injured?
Samorie Looks like he’ll develop into a decent option in a couple seasons. but likely not this season. Good pick for a 7th?
Christian has only played 2 complete games out of 9

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was so bad as people think and they just signed Rodgers to 3 years . Why not get rid of him and grab different one?

This was the prove it year for him I am positive if he didn’t show any improvement he would have been traded
Has to be a market for a trade. In a market where there were not enough buyers and too many sellers (Jimmy G, Baker, etc) a market for Love just never materialized.

It's hard to prove anything on the bench. I'm not opposed to him getting some starts this year. But I'm far from convinced that the Packers think he's the guy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Has to be a market for a trade. In a market where there were not enough buyers and too many sellers (Jimmy G, Baker, etc) a market for Love just never materialized.

It's hard to prove anything on the bench. I'm not opposed to him getting some starts this year. But I'm far from convinced that the Packers think he's the guy.

We have a 100000 page love thread and I locked it

Until then let’s just wait and see

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You trade him if you really think he doesn’t have it

Or you pick up another. Or don’t get rid of the others

They had other qb here but kept love Why?
Because he's the second best QB on the team and isn't expensive and your second best QB is usually your backup QB.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s been a common misconception all season (That our Defense is mostly the problem) They are undisciplined and that falls on Barry imo. I believe we have the talent to be a top 5 Defense and if we had a top 5 DC they’d already be there. They are tripping over talented players and can barely be above average. Yet they still hold opponents to under 20 points per contest and all that with an Offense that is uninspiring.

The Offense is a conundrum.
NO WR1
Lazard is a lower end WR2 having to play CB1
It appears Sammy was nothing more than an oft injured WR3 but they just double team him with their CB2 and a Safety
Cobb is a WR3 that can’t stay on the field. Non factor by default.
Doubs has the talent to go anywhere but he’s still very young. Now injured?
Samorie Looks like he’ll develop into a decent option in a couple seasons. but likely not this season. Good pick for a 7th?
Christian has only played 2 complete games out of 9
At best Lazard is a number 3 he can block doubs looks promising and Watson can’t stay healthy they all got potential but Rodgers doesn’t have the three years to wait for them to develop

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
At best Lazard is a number 3 he can block doubs looks promising and Watson can’t stay healthy they all got potential but Rodgers doesn’t have the three years to wait for them to develop
Thought as long as Rodgers is qb they have a chance ??? Isn’t that what is shoved down our throats?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is done. The $50M man isn't earning his check. Today, he was THE biggest reason we lost, hands down.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of what you are talking about should be lain at the feet of this coaching staff.
All of what he was talking about are things that are to be expected when half of your WRs are rookies and your QB is aging quickly.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the receivers were our problem today. RRRRRRRRRRRight. The receivers can catch the ball if it is thrown well.
Not too loud, bro... Rodgers is deity. He threw perfect passes all day. He didn't underthrow his receivers. They ran their routes too deep.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not too loud, bro... Rodgers is deity. He threw perfect passes all day. He didn't underthrow his receivers. They ran their routes too deep.
Cant wait to see some of the more vocal ones of this forum return and tell us just that

GARYELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant wait to see some of the more vocal ones of this forum return and tell us just that
Yeah , that “ bounce the ball of a D lineman’s helmet” play he’s trying to perfect is just class!! One of these games, a packer will end up with the ball and take it all the way, one of these games…..

D

Deleted member 6794

I haven't seen this been mentioned in this thread but who the hell thought it was a good idea to target Bakhtiari on the fourth down play which resulted in Rodgers' second interception??? That was most likely the dumbest play call I have seen in a long, long time.

THIS is why we wanted his FULL commitment this offseason. This year started with #12 getting a FULLY guaranteed (FULLY COMMITTED) contract. He starts by skipping OTA’s and that was all the proof I needed that he was NOT committed back to his Employer. This is what happens when you keep one foot in the locker room and one foot out. 9 points?? Really?

Rodgers showing up for OTAs would have made absolutely no difference this season.

Force his retirement now.

The Packers will have a hard time doing that as he's guaranteed to be paid $60 million next year if he continues to play.

Yeah, not being able to get touchbacks is a problem. I don't understand why it hasn't been addressed. Unless they tell him to kick short on purpose. Which would be insane.

Crosby doesn't have the leg strength to kick it into the end zone consistently anymore.

Jones and Dillon are two of our best playmakers. Time to make use of them.

You realize that Jones left yesterday's game with an injury, don't you??? In addition both combined to rush for 59 yards on 20 carries against the Lions for an average of only 2.95 per carry.

What was wrong with that Lazard TD ? :eek: We were robbed on that one ! and I`ve just been told off by the wife for swearing too much.

They didn't offer a better shot of the play but it seems to me he was down by contact on the 1-yard line on it.

WRONG. Alexander was a clear stud, as he almost always is.

Alexander took two penalties which helped the Lions score eight points in that game.

Nor can you blame AR if we don't know what was called. Maybe a lack of execution is to blame?

You don't get it. It's fair to criticize Rodgers based on not knowing what's going on but not anyone else ;)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is done. The $50M man isn't earning his check. Today, he was THE biggest reason we lost, hands down.
And with a 15-9 score he only needed to make ONE more play. Even if we ran the ball and kicked FGs we likely get a win. I never thought it would come down to MLF having to take the ball out of his hands.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree that we're out of the race. But we already have very good reason to believe that Love is not the quarterback of the future. If Rodgers is to be benched I'd rather bring in somebody off a practice squad. Might get lucky with an undiscovered talent.
Don't follow this. I haven't bothered watching in a while, but I don't remember Love getting more than one chance to even play in live action. What is the very good reason?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we might as well give Love a chance now. At least let him string a few games together, see what he can do

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't follow this. I haven't bothered watching in a while, but I don't remember Love getting more than one chance to even play in live action. What is the very good reason?
Agree. The KC start that Love got awhile back wasn't even really a fair opportunity for him IMHO

I say we give Love a few games - extended play/time - to prove what he can do and get acclimated

We might as well at this point

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs the opportunity to get in there and face the 3rd and long pressures. He needs to face sudden blitzes. And see what he can do against 1st string defenses. That is what all new QBs must do in order to make it in the NFL. After about 6 or 7 games of this the team should know if he is Brett Hundley or Brett Favre. He will probably get torched. But the one thing we will see is him trying to run for his life. That is the only thing he has going for him until he plays.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs the opportunity to get in there and face the 3rd and long pressures. He needs to face sudden blitzes. And see what he can do against 1st string defenses. That is what all new QBs must do in order to make it in the NFL. After about 6 or 7 games of this the team should know if he is Brett Hundley or Brett Favre. He will probably get torched. But the one thing we will see is him trying to run for his life. That is the only thing he has going for him until he plays.
Agreed. Just give him a fair shot at this point. Some extended play time to see what he can do

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers pc

Talks about certain plays he should have checked out of a play
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I didn't notice Rodgers repeating what he said 2 weeks ago, to Pat McAfee and A.J. Hawk... that underperforming Packers players need to lose playing time.

I don't think you bench Rodgers, but I have no problem seeing the Packers insert Love for a full quarter or 2 in the next 2 games, if the Packers find themselves behind. Give Love a friendly fan base to play in front of and see what he can do with the starters, against starters. If this would become the plan, obviously let Rodgers and Love know ahead of time.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: ANYONE thinking Rodgers will be benched. The guy is making 50 million dollars this season. There is NO WAY on Gods Green earth he will be benched. No way. Not only that the excuse that he is throwing to #3 and #4 talent wrs will always be the argument.

With that being said the guy has played like crap. The throw off the guys face mask for a INT was just a weird play..but the other 2 were just some dumb stupid throws smh.

I have ZERO sympathy for him tho because he’s making like 4 million a check and God is punishing him for dating a witch and getting that stupid *** witchcraft tattoo. He’s all the way out there smh… and as talented and smart as he is, the guy just doesn’t like to take blame. Like play freaking better dude

Entire dang teams is Duds. Only studs are the Packers medical staff because they stay busy smh.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually…. while I understand the sentiment after watching the game, objectively, it actually is about points. Holding a team to 15 points should be good enough to win. Having an offense as pathetic as the Packers‘ is the real problem.
Yes, holding a team to 15 points should be enough to win. That does not necessarily mean that the defense played really well was my point.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I've seen him play -- both preseason and in real games -- his accuracy has been poor and his decision-making unimpressive. I'm not saying he's terrible. It's just that I've seen absolutely nothing out of him that makes me think he's special in any way. I could be wrong. Might as well let him play more this season and find out for sure. I just don't think he's got it.

I will admit I have been skeptical since the pick was made. In my view, if you draft a QB in the first round you better believe you've got a future starter. An above average future starter. If I'm making the draft pick I'm looking at the guys coming out of Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, LSU, etc. Traditional powerhouses. Those colleges expend a lot of resources identifying and competing for the best football players in the country. Can you get a hidden gem from a smaller school? Sure. But the odds are against it.

For the Packers' sake I hope I'm wrong.