Lions - Studs and Duds

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: ANYONE thinking Rodgers will be benched. The guy is making 50 million dollars this season.
While probably true; that is not a good reason not to bench anyone. It should not be politics. It should be performance based imho. Always

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, holding a team to 15 points should be enough to win. That does not necessarily mean that the defense played really well was my point.
Holding a terrible team to 15 points is different from holding a good team to 15 points. Let us remember that the Lions had one win coming into yesterday.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While probably true; that is not a good reason not to bench anyone. It should not be politics. It should be performance based imho. Always
I don't think they bench him yet. Once they are mathematically eliminated it could be a different story. Better to shut him down, let his thumb heal and hope that next year is his beautiful swansong.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: ANYONE thinking Rodgers will be benched. The guy is making 50 million dollars this season. There is NO WAY on Gods Green earth he will be benched. No way. Not only that the excuse that he is throwing to #3 and #4 talent wrs will always be the argument.

With that being said the guy has played like crap. The throw off the guys face mask for a INT was just a weird play..but the other 2 were just some dumb stupid throws smh.

I have ZERO sympathy for him tho because he’s making like 4 million a check and God is punishing him for dating a witch and getting that stupid *** witchcraft tattoo. He’s all the way out there smh… and as talented and smart as he is, the guy just doesn’t like to take blame. Like play freaking better dude

Entire dang teams is Duds. Only studs are the Packers medical staff because they stay busy smh.
Money should NOT be a condition of playing time. Zadarius Smith counts $11.4Mil against our cap & plays for Minnesota. Billy Turner $5.8Mil & in Denver. Kevin King $3Mil. GB has numerous players that will be using up substantial cap $ and won't (possibly, probably?) be playing for the team next year. Who cares what a player costs? If he's NOT performing see what you have in his backup.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary has a possible torn ACL. Doubs and Stokes will probably be out multiple weeks. Watson second concussion will probably put him out multiple weeks. Bakh is game to game, series to series. Absolutely terrible day.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary has a possible torn ACL. Doubs and Stokes will probably be out multiple weeks. Watson second concussion will probably put him out multiple weeks. Bakh is game to game, series to series. Absolutely terrible day.
on probably the worst non-victory monday this season and looking at extending this losing streak by at least another 3 weeks. My how far the mighty have fallen, this sucks

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the bright side, the Packers should have a high first round pick next spring. Better get it right.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the bright side, the Packers should have a high first round pick next spring. Better get it right.
Except Gute and Murphy can't draft. They seem unwilling to trade and don't do anything in free agency either. If Rodgers retires or gets traded, the dead cap hit will be with this team for a few years. The future does not look bright in GB right now.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WRONG. Alexander was a clear stud, as he almost always is. I'm really not sure how anyone can complain much about the defense at all. They held the Lions to 15 points and 254 yards. Funny how these stupid stud dud threads get after a loss. Objectivity goes out the window an EVERYBODY IS A DUD!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!!
I don't understand this, the Lions offense is bad, they have averaged 11pts 3 games in a row before this last game, then they traded away arguably their best offensive player and now them being held to 15pts is a good defensive effort? Alexander actively extended a TD scoring drive. All players, have to take blame for this, JA made a very boneheaded penalty. Ppl thinking these are even remotely the same team as they were in the first 3 games are NOT paying attention. They were figured out a while ago, so they traded TJH, and now what? They are better on offense? Remember, 11pts is what they have been averaging for 3 games, GB gave them more than what they were averaging, smh...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have zero confidence in Gute. His last good draft pick in the top 3 rounds was in 2019. He'll end up using a high draft pick on someone like Jared Verse to add more first-round picks to the defense.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So many are missing the boat.

Rodgers might have played one of the worst 5 games he's played in his entire career. The three interceptions were awful, but there were several other missed throws that just cannot happen. The ball to Touri was underthrown by 3-5 yards. That's a big miss for Aaron Rodgers. Other underthrown balls and such as well.

The Packers win this game by 2+ scores if Rodgers plays normal Rodgers level ball.

I can't understand for the life of me how so many are banging on the defense. They gave up 15 points to a team that was averaging 35+ at home this season. That's an outstanding day of work. Sure, there were some gaffs, but overall there's no way they should be taking the blame for this game.

This game was on Rodgers, and pretty much Rodgers alone.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many are missing the boat.

Rodgers might have played one of the worst 5 games he's played in his entire career. The three interceptions were awful, but there were several other missed throws that just cannot happen. The ball to Touri was underthrown by 3-5 yards. That's a big miss for Aaron Rodgers. Other underthrown balls and such as well.

The Packers win this game by 2+ scores if Rodgers plays normal Rodgers level ball.

I can't understand for the life of me how so many are banging on the defense. They gave up 15 points to a team that was averaging 35+ at home this season. That's an outstanding day of work. Sure, there were some gaffs, but overall there's no way they should be taking the blame for this game.

This game was on Rodgers, and pretty much Rodgers alone.
Again this hasn't been a good offense about a month of football. Then, they traded away their only tradable offensive weapon, and now ppl think they will return to the form they had a the start of the season? Throw those good offensive games out, teams (except GB) have figured them out, that's why they traded away TJH.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I haven't seen this been mentioned in this thread but who the hell thought it was a good idea to target Bakhtiari on the fourth down play which resulted in Rodgers' second interception??? That was most likely the dumbest play call I have seen in a long, long time.
What? Are you being serious or sarcastic? Bahk was fricking wide open, it was a great play call. Rodgers just choked and threw a terrible pass to a wide open player.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we might as well give Love a chance now. At least let him string a few games together, see what he can do
Only chance love will play is if they are eliminated officially and Rodgers hurt

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF does not have the guts to do it. No one does. If he did Gute and his boss would be on the phone lecturing right away. And Rodgers would cry to the media. And then the locker room would explode.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

A lot of things don't fly if you're a baptist minister. Are you? Cavorting with hooligans (most of us on this forum) and staring at @Guacamole 's avatar would be severely frowned upon, also. ;)
Too late, I wear jam jar bottom glasses and need a stick.

Reaction score
Yes, holding a team to 15 points should be enough to win. That does not necessarily mean that the defense played really well was my point.
Ok. However when you look at the opponents we’ve played, our D has faced Offenses ranked
Vikings (15th)
Bears (17th)
Tampa (24th)
Patriots (9th)
Giants (23rd)
Jets (14th)
WTF (25th)
Bills (5th)
Lions (16th)
You could say no true bottom feeder (bottom 5 etc)
We can’t say we’ve played bad Offenses because the average rounded to a whole number is 16th ranked.

The only NFL teams to NOT allow more than 27 points in any contest this season and also play 9 contests are the Baltimore Colts and Green Bay Packers. Just 3 more teams Defenses have allowed 27 or less points in every contest (but they also only played 8 games vs our 9 contests)
Bills #1 rated
Giants #6 rated
Vikings #8 rated
Now someone will try to convince us that’s a coincidence, but I can assure you it’s not. Our Offense is near poor level (26th ranked) but our Defense has actually kept us alive in every game this season except maybe the Giants contest (27 pts allowed)? Every other contest our Defense has allowed 24 points or less(down to 10)

If we had our 10th rated scoring Offense from last season (26.47 per) we would be 7-2 area. Not saying we would be super pleased with our Defense, but it would likely not be a huge focus of concerns either.

In summary, 17.1 points per game on Offense is a glaring problem for GB. The last time we were worse? 1990 (16.9 pts per game)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Only chance love will play is if they are eliminated officially and Rodgers hurt
You are right, it isn't official, but I would say its next to impossible for the Packers to make the playoffs. With 8 games left, 6 of which the Packers will be underdogs (based on current play). They might be lucky to pick up a win against either the Bears or Lions. If I had to make a bet on the Packers finishing with 3-5 total wins VS 6-8 total wins, I'd put all my money on the first bet.

EDIT: After looking at the bottom 10 or so teams remaining schedules, I honestly believe that the next time the Packers play the Lions, they might be playing to decide who gets the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft. Go Texans, Panthers, Raiders and Steelers. I will be pulling for these teams from here on out.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understood… and disagree…. It’s very rare for a defense to stop a team on every single possession. My contention is that holding them them to 15 points means that they in fact did do very well.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: everyone who blasted me for saying trade Aaron Jones and all assets worth anything at the deadline. This team is done. Now Jones is injured, the offense is on life support with him anyway.

And not only that, Lil' Wayne is saying we should have traded Rodgers. ;)

This is the team we cheer for. It's going to be a rough end of the season. I think I'm going to treat the remaining games like preseason ones - will be nice to see a player emerge, but my expectations are we lose out.

Rodgers may try to put a silver lining on things, "we didn't give up", but really, he's playing horrible and may never have an MVP year again with not much to show for it apart from personal accolades.

At some point we have to play the string players to see what we have, because whatever this is needs tearing down. If that means getting Jordan Love some time playing - then put him in with the young WR's and let them get their experience.

Staff online

Latest posts