Lions - Studs and Duds

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
exactly what I said...there were no studs,.I was just curious as to why when I said it , it was funny to you. Whatever... on to the next game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's time to fire MLF. Doesn't matter if you believe he is a good coach or not. As it stands the team doesn't believe it.

Fire MLF right now and install Bisaccia as interim HC and try to get Sean Payton. If Payton doesn't work out, see what other options are there in the off season.
Ooo god

Stop with firing matt

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly what I said...there were no studs,.I was just curious as to why when I said it , it was funny to you. Whatever... on to the next game.
WRONG. Alexander was a clear stud, as he almost always is. I'm really not sure how anyone can complain much about the defense at all. They held the Lions to 15 points and 254 yards. Funny how these stupid stud dud threads get after a loss. Objectivity goes out the window an EVERYBODY IS A DUD!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If any time there was a doubt about Love not being a packer it’s over now

They will not get rid of him now

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to fire MLF. Doesn't matter if you believe he is a good coach or not. As it stands the team doesn't believe it.

Fire MLF right now and install Bisaccia as interim HC and try to get Sean Payton. If Payton doesn't work out, see what other options are there in the off season.

Yeah, no. The Browns model has not been particularly successful.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds: COACHING!! All the way around!!! The first 2 trips to the red zone pound the ball in..I don't care if you need to put 9 olinemen in..just get in the ****ing end zone! You want to be a power running team..can't do it with 5 olinemen!!

Rodgers pc

Talks about certain plays he should have checked out of a play
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It bugs me that the team looks so disorganized and unready on so many snaps. The communication seems to be terrible. Too many blown assignments. Too many times the play clock runs to nearly zero because guys don't know where they should be. Too many wasted timeouts when the offense can't get on the same page. Who's to blame? Rodgers for waiting to long to make up his mind? MLF for not getting instructions in quickly enough? Lack of focus by the players?
All of what you are talking about should be lain at the feet of this coaching staff.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: COACHING!! All the way around!!! The first 2 trips to the red zone pound the ball in..I don't care if you need to put 9 olinemen in..just get in the ****ing end zone! You want to be a power running team..can't do it with 5 olinemen!!
Amen. And you take the points (FG) early in the game. We were chasing those points all afternoon.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Gute is a total idiot loser. He knew Devonte was gone and did absolutely nothing about it. All he did was reach in the draft and fell flat on his face. He did nothing at the trade deadline. This guy has a job, why?
Yeah, the receivers were our problem today. RRRRRRRRRRRight. The receivers can catch the ball if it is thrown well.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WRONG. Alexander was a clear stud, as he almost always is. I'm really not sure how anyone can complain much about the defense at all. They held the Lions to 15 points and 254 yards. Funny how these stupid stud dud threads get after a loss. Objectivity goes out the window an EVERYBODY IS A DUD!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!!
It's not only about points. They did not stop them when they should have. Multiple times.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m fine with people saying you don’t see a winner. That’s an opinion

But admit he hasn’t had same opportunities as others. Covid screwed him.
Okay, I'll agree he hasn't had the same opportunities as others. So what? Life ain't fair and neither is the NFL. From I've seen the kid doesn't have it. I could be wrong. But if it had it, why didn't anyone at a decent school want to bring him in? Maybe he still has potential. Fine. Let's see it. Because I've seen nothing so far.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I'll agree he hasn't had the same opportunities as others. So what? Life ain't fair and neither is the NFL. From I've seen the kid doesn't have it. I could be wrong. But if it had it, why didn't anyone at a decent school want to bring him in? Maybe he still has potential. Fine. Let's see it. Because I've seen nothing so far.
Not sure why it’s so hard to understand …You can’t get better by just sitting and doing nothing. Any job you ever had you can never get good at unless you do it. You drive a car? You didn’t get good until you did it consistently for weeks

I want him to get 8 games(?) of starting before I claim one way or the other

And everyone needs to wake up. He isn’t going anywhere and he will be getting the shot if Aaron isn’t playing

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If any time there was a doubt about Love not being a packer it’s over now

They will not get rid of him now
I'm not following. They won't get rid of him why? They can't will him into being the QB of the future if he ain't it. If they had any confidence whatsoever that he was it I think they would have been a lot more willing to move onto him than they were. As it is they have a very expensive 5th year option choice to make on him next spring and he's done absolutely nothing to have any confidence to make that investment.

Pretty good chance they go QB early next year, particularly if they have a shot at Stroud or Young.

They've got a couple rebuilding years coming up now anyway. And the more they might try to avoid that, the worse off they'll be.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How's this for ineptitude? Of the Packers nine possessions, only one ended in their own territory - a kneel down at the end of the first half.
1st and goal Lions 5 yard line - 0 points
First and goal Lions one yard line - 0 points
First and 10 Lions 23 yard line - 0 points
First and 10 Lions 14 yard line - 3 points
First and 10 Lions 17 yard line - 0 points
All of the above - nine points total.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not following. They won't get rid of him why? They can't will him into being the QB of the future if he ain't it. If they had any confidence whatsoever that he was it I think they would have been a lot more willing to move onto him than they were. As it is they have a very expensive 5th year option choice to make on him next spring and he's done absolutely nothing to have any confidence to make that investment.

Pretty good chance they go QB early next year, particularly if they have a shot at Stroud or Young.

They've got a couple rebuilding years coming up now anyway. And the more they might try to avoid that, the worse off they'll be.
I dont see Aaron playing next year. I don’t care about contract . I think he retires. I’ve said it before ..You don’t spend this much time on the qb and then just let him go

If they thought he wasnt capable they would have tossed him in offseason

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not only about points. They did not stop them when they should have. Multiple times.
Actually…. while I understand the sentiment after watching the game, objectively, it actually is about points. Holding a team to 15 points should be good enough to win. Having an offense as pathetic as the Packers‘ is the real problem.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For maybe the first time in his career Rodgers is NOT confident in his offense (line, WR, TE) and maybe even in his own ability to make things happen as he once did. The thumb injury is an issue and without the kind of execution he usually has around him, that creates a ? in his own mind on every play. He is not sure who he can count on to do their job except maybe Jones.

Members online

Latest posts