Lewis to Bears

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know if this is posted anywhere else. Mercedes Lewis is signed with the bears a one year deal. A guy I think we should have kept.

Reaction score
Don't know if this is posted anywhere else. Mercedes Lewis is signed with the bears a one year deal. A guy I think we should have kept
I think he’s a guy you keep if Rodgers stayed. Yet we are in an Offensive rebuild.
Once Love became our starter, any player not capable of playing at a high level for at least 2-3 years needs to be replaced if possible. Now Bak is an exception for a couple reasons, but 1 good excuse is dead $$

I liked Big Dog, he was a consummate professional and great teammate and very well liked. He fit a niche, but that niche is evolving and we’ve brought in new blood. What we need is 2007-2013 Marcedes Lewis (enters Kraft) I wish him the best, until he plays us then I hope he fumbles at an inopportune time again :coffee:

I think it’s nice that we will play @Chicago as Lewis breaks the NFL record for most seasons played by a TE (18). That record is currently a 3-way tie with Whitten/Lewis/Gonzales
Big Dog is “Top Dog” is sustaining ability.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know if this is posted anywhere else. Mercedes Lewis is signed with the bears a one year deal. A guy I think we should have kept.
They took Graham from us. Tonyan. Now Lewis. What is it about Packer TEs that the Bears like?

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They took Graham from us. Tonyan. Now Lewis. What is it about Packer TEs that the Bears like?
Well it hasn't made them successful. I'm going to
Love seeing their faces when Love beats them twice this year.

Reaction score
I liked Big Dog but we probably held onto him a year too long to placate Rodgers - ditto Cobb. (Ditto Rodgers too for that matter)
I believe that’s correct. Although a silver lining is Clements had a full year to work with Jordan and it’s been noticeable how comfortable he’s been in the pocket compared to his first start.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that’s correct. Although a silver lining is Clements had a full year to work with Jordan and it’s been noticeable how comfortable he’s been in the pocket compared to his first start.
Definitely.