Last Play of the Game

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
What could have been, if.........

Looked as if Prescott had a good shot of running all the way, "IF" he did not lateral. But the video does not show what Packers, if any were down field in front of him.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was one of the more entertaining last plays I've seen. I actually thought it might have a chance at certain points. Pretty happy it didn't :)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was dreading the worst on that last play. What the hell was Perry doing? Dude, the game isn't over just because you have the ball in your hand! Sometimes I wonder how many years these guys have played football when they seem to not know basics. Elliots first pitch to Prescott would have been a very close review on a forward lateral....glad they didn't have to look at it!

At least we can be comforted by knowing if the Packers are ever in that same position at the end of the game, #12 will just complete a 75 yard hail mary to win. :coffee:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What made my heart stop even more was the play before that. Cole Beasley WIDE open coming across the middle of the field and Prescott just barely overthrew him. If Prescott puts a better throw on that ball, we could have been talking about a 75 yard walk off TD pass.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What made my heart stop even more was the play before that. Cole Beasley WIDE open coming across the middle of the field and Prescott just barely overthrew him. If Prescott puts a better throw on that ball, we could have been talking about a 75 yard walk off TD pass.
But would THAT have surprised you for our defense to allow that? :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I often wonder how much better the Packers offense would be if they treated every series like they were down by 3 with 1:11 seconds to go. Take the play calling out of MM's hands and just let AR do what he does best, make it all happen.

D

Deleted member 6794

I often wonder how much better the Packers offense would be if they treated every series like they were down by 3 with 1:11 seconds to go. Take the play calling out of MM's hands and just let AR do what he does best, make it all happen.

I don't believe that would work out well in the long haul.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't believe that would work out well in the long haul.
Pretty sure you are right, but would be fun to watch ;)

I know with the makeshift OL and having a rookie RB, playing no huddle on every play is probably out of the question, but I would like to see a bit more of it. Seems like when they get into a huddle, they stay too long and by doing so, take one of AR's best traits away from him....surveying the defense and possibly calling an audible to take advantage of something he sees.

D

Deleted member 6794

I know with the makeshift OL and having a rookie RB, playing no huddle on every play is probably out of the question, but I would like to see a bit more of it. Seems like when they get into a huddle, they stay too long and by doing so, take one of AR's best traits away from him....surveying the defense and possibly calling an audible to take advantage of something he sees.

While it might be smart for the Packers to use the no huddle more often you have to realize the offense isn't able to take advantage of multiple formations in that case. In addition Rodgers is only 3-for-12 throwing with the unit not huddling this season so far.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was Switzer but that doesn't change a thing. If he catches that he probably takes it all the way. Holy cow that scared the you know what out of me!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I thought it was Switzer but that doesn't change a thing. If he catches that he probably takes it all the way. Holy cow that scared the you know what out of me!

The "Ha Ha Dix" out of ya? I need to go watch the replay, but I think one of the safeties was deep enough to have at least thrown his body at Beasley and missed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd have to see a reply if it, I do t remember thinking the games was going to end in that play.

Croquet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I listened to Arod's presser after the game. That guy is off the chain genius. He must have a photographic memory. He recalled an audible from 2014 against the Dolphins as the last time he called a certain audible.

His knowledge of the game, coverages and situations blew my mind. I thought I had some idea of what a quarterback is to be successful but I now know that I am an idiot.

He was calling the plays at least at the end.

He is a BAD MAN!

Now I just wish he coached the defense.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Who was "defending the defense?"
I've read content all day from posters saying the defense wasn't that bad. Not going to go through every thread to list the names. I'll let you go find it if you skimmed over it some how. Defend, make excuses, however you want to characterize it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've read content all day from posters saying the defense wasn't that bad. Not going to go through every thread to list the names. I'll let you go find it if you skimmed over it some how. Defend, make excuses, however you want to characterize it.

I was just curious. I was told I was "taking pride" in the defense because I said I laid some of the blame at the foot of the front seven for not finishing plays in the backfield. So you never know what will qualify as "defending" the defense.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just curious. I was told I was "taking pride" in the defense because I said I laid some of the blame at the foot of the front seven for not finishing plays in the backfield. So you never know what will qualify as "defending" the defense.
Pretty much anything that finds anything else to comment on besides everything sucks and everything is as bad as last year constitutes "defending the defense"

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You would know if I took issue with anything you said today. ;)

For the record, I feel that your points on the front 7 are valid. I just still maintain that there are huge issues on the backend that also need addressing.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We had safeties behind him, barring some insane broken and/or missed tackles it wouldn't have been a TD. Would have given them a chance for a 30 yard Hail Mary play though which always makes me insanely nervous.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had safeties behind him, barring some insane broken and/or missed tackles it wouldn't have been a TD. Would have given them a chance for a 30 yard Hail Mary play though which always makes me insanely nervous.
That's about how I remembered it, but I guess saying he just missed a 75 yard walk off TD against our defense may have been engaging in an exaggerated claim not meant to be taken seriously. I wonder if there is a word for that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts