Last Play of the Game

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were also very lucky we didn't get penalized on our HC. Watch the end of that play.. McCarthy was at least 5 yards onto the field before the play was over!
I noticed that too, it added to my WTF is going on mindset at the moment.

But I initially thought it was done when Elliot made his pass. And then again when Perry gained possession.

D

Deleted member 6794

Elliots first pitch to Prescott would have been a very close review on a forward lateral....glad they didn't have to look at it!

After taking a look at the coaches film it was clearly a forward pass by Elliott to Prescott. The referees would definitely have definitely overturned the call had the Cowboys scored on the play.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
After taking a look at the coaches film it was clearly a forward pass by Elliott to Prescott. The referees would definitely have definitely overturned the call had the Cowboys scored on the play.

One would hope, I have watched it several times and Elliott's toss is at least forward by 1 yard. But I was 100% sure the Fail Mary against Seattle would be correctly called and it wasn't.

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...owboys-final-play-included-a-forward-lateral/

I was dreading the worst on that last play. What the hell was Perry doing? Dude, the game isn't over just because you have the ball in your hand! Sometimes I wonder how many years these guys have played football when they seem to not know basics. Elliots first pitch to Prescott would have been a very close review on a forward lateral....glad they didn't have to look at it!

We were not alone in that interpretation :tup:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Yup, thanks for posting that. I watched that play over and over right after the game and just couldn't shake that thought out of my head...

"Of course, this doesn’t mean that an angle containing clear and obvious evidence of a forward pass would have been available to 345 Park Avenue at the time the replay review was happening. Regardless, if Frederick had scored (or if he’d realized both Elliott and Prescott were trailing Frederick before clumsily pitching the ball to no one), a compelling review process would have followed. And there may not have been enough evidence in the moment to generate clear and obvious evidence that the ball was thrown forward. So if the touchdown had been upheld (due to the absence of evidence to overturn it), Packers fans would have rightfully lost their minds once the coaches film was published."

D

Deleted member 6794

One would hope, I have watched it several times and Elliott's toss is at least forward by 1 yard. But I was 100% sure the Fail Mary against Seattle would be correctly called and it wasn't.

That game was officiated by replacement referees though.

Latest posts