LA Vikings

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Packer fans how would you guys feel if the Vikings are no longer in Minnesota? Most likely if they go to LA they would move into the NFC West as well, leaving us without one of our most historic rivals.

I have very mixed feeling on this but was wondering what you guys think...:viksux:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the Bears is more historic, but the Vikings is probably the bitterest. Either way, whatever. We'll make new rivalries, so no biggie to me.

The upside to me is I'll be able to see Green Bay in my home town more often, since they would stay in the NFC. Otherwise it's once every 8 years when they come to San Diego. =/

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly don't care if the queens move or not. If they do move to LA I would guess the Vikes would join the NFC West and St. Louis would join the North. The NFL would survive if the queens relocated. ;-)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Right now I want the Vikings to go to LA, may change later though. My biggest reason for the support is the kick in the nuts it would be too all their "loyal" fans up here. I'm sick of their dumb*sses gloating about how they did this year.

One of the best things about being a Sconnie and a Packers is fan is we know that bond won't be separated.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I truly don't care if the queens move or not. If they do move to LA I would guess the Vikes would join the NFC West and St. Louis would join the North. The NFL would survive if the queens relocated. ;-)
If that happened we would never lose the division again. :lol:

Suddenly, I'm all for it.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Jess - I was thinking that too, but after a few years of Rams and Lions getting good draft picks we may have to fear them a little. Also there would be way too much blue in our division.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I dont think the conference would change. Look at the AFC East, Bills, Jets, Pats... and Miami? all because of the rivalry. I think rivalries > geographic location

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think the conference would change. Look at the AFC East, Bills, Jets, Pats... and Miami? all because of the rivalry. I think rivalries > geographic location

That was before they needed to re-align it all

Tampa used to be a rival but they got moved..I know not on the scale of those 2, but they moved them

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its looking like the move is going to happen..... whatever happens it shouldnt have much bearing on the Packers.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive hated The Viqueens for a LONG time. WAYYYY before Brent Fart got there, and it wouldnt hurt my feelings one bit if they were to move.
COULD NOT AGREE with that more. This came right out of my brain!

However, some of my best friends going back 20 years are die-hard Viking fans and they'd be devastated. The thing is, they themselves escaped Minnesota during college and never went back. Now they're in Phoenix and Nashville, so it shouldn't affect them directly anyway.

Minnesotans are the cheapest, and most fairweathered fans in America and they deserve to lose their team.

They can always ice fish more.

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be kind of sad tbh

I mean I hate the vikings but I love to hate them. Its a huge rivalry which we would lose

I think its one of the worst things about US sports that teams are always moving. If GB ever did that (unlikely as that is) my interest in football would be over

If this did happen though I wonder who the new generation in Minnesota would start cheering. I suppose we would be the nearest team...

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hate the vikes, but i personaly like watching the games when they play the pack. it would be bad for the nfl and the packers if they moved.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That team is a hockey state, and they let the North Stars leave because they were tight-*** fans. I lived there during those years. I know live in Dallas, ironically, where the Stars are now.

That team let the Lakers leave, many years ago.

They also ALMOST lost the Twins as commish Selig tried to contract their ***** about 12 years ago.

Now they are close to losing the Vikings.

That state also always votes left and even voted in Jesse the body Ventura as Governor, while I lived there. I'm not saying their brains are always frozen, but they are the worst fair-weathered bandwagon fans ever.

They have had games not even sell out in the past few years. That's embarassing compared to the Packers, who play in ice cold weather sometimes. No excuses from Minnesota!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember the North Stars?? Played in Minny as the "Stars" before becoming the Dallas Stars. Look for the Yikes to change the name to the "Kings" next year just before moving west as the "L.A. football Kings".

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2011 the Vikings dont make the playoffs, lose the last game of the season in Minnesota to GB, an unnamed QBs last game, and they move to LA.

If that happens I could talk smack for at least a decade to Vikings fans.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2011 the Vikings dont make the playoffs, lose the last game of the season in Minnesota to GB, an unnamed QBs last game, and they move to LA.

If that happens I could talk smack for at least a decade to Vikings fans.

As much as I can't stand the Yikes, it will be too bad if they leave. I'm simply amazed that many of the same people who despise government intervention are lobbying government to "save" football franchises. The league has plenty of money to build these goofy stadia without tax money. And there are plenty of studies that show the economic impact of sports teams is greatly exaggerated-here's one of them: Pro sports stadiums don't bolster local economies, scholars say | Archives | News Bureau | University of Illinois

Even the Packer brass threatened to disband the team if the new Lambeau wasn't built with tax assistance. They could have built the same thing with ticket taxes, it just would have taken a little longer and would have cut into the profit for a time--just like other businesses that expand without government help.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I can't stand the Yikes, it will be too bad if they leave. I'm simply amazed that many of the same people who despise government intervention are lobbying government to "save" football franchises. The league has plenty of money to build these goofy stadia without tax money. And there are plenty of studies that show the economic impact of sports teams is greatly exaggerated-here's one of them: Pro sports stadiums don't bolster local economies, scholars say | Archives | News Bureau | University of Illinois

Even the Packer brass threatened to disband the team if the new Lambeau wasn't built with tax assistance. They could have built the same thing with ticket taxes, it just would have taken a little longer and would have cut into the profit for a time--just like other businesses that expand without government help.

Couldnt agree more.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be sad if the Vikings left Minnesota. I'm from MN and most of my friends are die-hard Vikings fans, not the fair weather types which is definitely the majority of their fan base. If the Vikings moved, I couldn't give my friends crap about the team anymore. It would be like coming up on a car crash victim and stealing his wallet. You don't kick em when they're down, well at least not too many times. Besides, I enjoy going to sports bars at home and being sometimes the only guy In green (which is rare, MN has lots of Packer fans), and laughing at all of them. If the team left, everyone in Minnesota would probably switch to watching Curling or something.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
who would we get the seahawks?

and i dunno, minnesota deserves it, they didnt build a new stadium for the vikings just the TWINS lol, thats just a joke, you guys have the best team you have had or will have for the next 10 years, and your blowing it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watching this, AGAIN, it reminds me of how much I hate the Vikings. And they are lucky as hell every year almost. I've seen that team win games with lucky bounces for years, but in the playoffs they don't get them.

I know I have a few longtime passionate Viking fans, but (and I won't tell them this!) I honestly wouldn't mind at all if they moved these bast*rds to Los Angeles. The state of MN rubs me the wrong way, and I can't stand the team. Ever.

Now, if you can watch this, you will be reminded of:
Two horrible calls by the farking zebras that screwed us badly. Un-arguable. Un-deniable. ESPN chooses to show them in their highlight package here because they are obvious huge factors. And bad calls. People tend to forget about these.

#1 was a 3rd and long incomplete pass by Farve, when the ref threw the flag on Kampman for a late hit. It was bullschit for sure, even the analyst here said so. that ended a punt for them, and led to a TD, so 7-points that ref banged us for.

#2 later was the interception, BRILLIANT, that woodson made in the end zone. ref decided that woodson committed a penalty and threw the flag for pass interference so 1st & goal at the one, guaranteed TD for them, another farve short pass. It was 7 more points thanks to the zebras.

you can argue those calls, but as our eyes thought, and the broadcasters said here, they were bad calls. anyone who says refs dont matter is full of smelly brown stuff. they do. besides obvious bad calls like this, they also can set the tone early in games.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNgWTBYYcEk"]YouTube- Brett Favre Vikings Win Over Packers - Monday Night Football Game Highlights[/ame]&

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watching this, AGAIN, it reminds me of how much I hate the Vikings. And they are lucky as hell every year almost. I've seen that team win games with lucky bounces for years, but in the playoffs they don't get them.

I know I have a few longtime passionate Viking fans, but (and I won't tell them this!) I honestly wouldn't mind at all if they moved these bast*rds to Los Angeles. The state of MN rubs me the wrong way, and I can't stand the team. Ever.

Now, if you can watch this, you will be reminded of:
Two horrible calls by the farking zebras that screwed us badly. Un-arguable. Un-deniable. ESPN chooses to show them in their highlight package here because they are obvious huge factors. And bad calls. People tend to forget about these.

#1 was a 3rd and long incomplete pass by Farve, when the ref threw the flag on Kampman for a late hit. It was bullschit for sure, even the analyst here said so. that ended a punt for them, and led to a TD, so 7-points that ref banged us for.

#2 later was the interception, BRILLIANT, that woodson made in the end zone. ref decided that woodson committed a penalty and threw the flag for pass interference so 1st & goal at the one, guaranteed TD for them, another farve short pass. It was 7 more points thanks to the zebras.

you can argue those calls, but as our eyes thought, and the broadcasters said here, they were bad calls. anyone who says refs dont matter is full of smelly brown stuff. they do. besides obvious bad calls like this, they also can set the tone early in games.

YouTube- Brett Favre Vikings Win Over Packers - Monday Night Football Game Highlights&
A-freaking-MEN!!!!

I mean, I can only remember the Dallas game that we were actually helped by the refs.

And say what you want, that Warner was perfect, that our D sucked. But Fitzgerald got away with SO MANY pass interferences that it's ridiculous. In one he simply pushed Woodson! And, of course, the ****** non-call of the facemask, that sealed the game. And the non-roughing the passer call, on the previous play, where the refs called the holding on Colledge.

I watch soccer a lot, it's much worse. But even with all those cameras and reviews, football shouldn't be decided by a refs mistake.

Members online

Latest posts