LA Vikings

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I can't stand the Yikes, it will be too bad if they leave. I'm simply amazed that many of the same people who despise government intervention are lobbying government to "save" football franchises. The league has plenty of money to build these goofy stadia without tax money. And there are plenty of studies that show the economic impact of sports teams is greatly exaggerated-here's one of them: Pro sports stadiums don't bolster local economies, scholars say | Archives | News Bureau | University of Illinois

Even the Packer brass threatened to disband the team if the new Lambeau wasn't built with tax assistance. They could have built the same thing with ticket taxes, it just would have taken a little longer and would have cut into the profit for a time--just like other businesses that expand without government help.

I didn't care for that maneuver by the Packers brass at all and I am a long time shareholder. Harlan was spouting off that nonsense to bully voters and make them fear the team would leave. I think the only way the Packers would move is if the BOD unanimously voted for the move and I can't see that happening in my lifetime.
:rules2:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't care for that maneuver by the Packers brass at all and I am a long time shareholder. Harlan was spouting off that nonsense to bully voters and make them fear the team would leave. I think the only way the Packers would move is if the BOD unanimously voted for the move and I can't see that happening in my lifetime.
:rules2:
You're right, pugger. If the country had any sense, they would all demand ownership just like the Packers and all of this blackmailing by the league would disappear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts