Jordan Love signed to 4 year fully guaranteed deal

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Maybe to make it 25 years in each. However, you bring up what I was going to do. Having been in Wisconsin before, during, and after Lombardi, the '5 for 7' period stored up enough memories that the dark ages were much easier to handle. And that doesn't take into consideration that that era established the Packer mystique forever. Following SBII, it became obvious they weren't going to do anything impressive season-to-season, so expectations became game-to-game. That was the only timeframe during which I understood the 'a win is a win' philosophy.

Yup, the 80's and first part of the 90's, it was rough sledding to be a Packer fan. A playoff game was the gold standard. I don't know, maybe fans that didn't have to suffer through those times are spoiled now and expect a Super Bowl every season? I am pretty convinced that what separated the Packers 94-2020 teams and those playing in the 70's and 80's was simply one thing, a HOF QB. Probably more so under Rodgers than Favre. But that goes to show you just what little can separate a Winning team and a losing one. This isn't to say that other things didn't factor into it, but without Favre and Rodgers, I think the last 25 years wouldn't have been that much different than the 70's and 80's.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My job isn't one that has winners and losers. Although I did participate in an athletic tournament a couple years ago and finished second. That was extremely disappointing and I still see it as a failure. Sadly due to the pandemic I haven't had a chance to redeem myself.
you don't get it. What Lombardi demanded and talked about has more applications to real life than a game. he knew it, and his players knew it. as a whole, I doubt you find a group of players more successful off and on the field than the Lombardi era Packers. Has nothing to do with Championships. Those were secondary and a result of everything else they did.

Those who use Lombardi quotes as some tough quote and the reason everyone else is a failure are completely missing what he was saying when he spoke.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be a terrible decision to move on from Rodgers to save $5 million in cap space for next season considering he performed at an MVP level in 2020. Actually it would be smart to restructure his deal and finally go all-in to win another championship while he's still around.
lol...they don't have the cap to go all in...even with a restructure! they've already gone "all-in" about as much as can (without blowing up the near future). all they can do is tweak. while they're attempting to tweak they're having to let talent walk. they'll be treading water and under constant cap stress. as great as he was this season another SB with rodgers just isn't happening. is your priority the Packers or rodgers? it might be bad idea for the rodgers fan boys (letting rodgers walk)...and it's not saving $5m it's $45m. it's the difference in keeping and getting who you want and not. they've got to sign adams and alexander. where's that money coming from? he's probably got one more year in GB but "let him walk" will happen. imo it's better now than 2021 as the cap benefits for 2022 will be much greater.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
is your priority the Packers or rodgers? it might be bad idea for the rodgers fan boys (letting rodgers walk)

Why can't a persons priority be both? You are acting as if "wanting Rodgers is not good for the team". "Rodgers fan boys", really?

For years your opinion seems to have been Rodgers needs to be traded or cut, yet you seemed to be leading the group this season and talking about how great he is playing again. What changed your mind? A 5 point loss to TB?

Careful, people might call you "fair weather fan boy" ;)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imo it's better now than 2021 as the cap benefits for 2022 will be much greater.

Packers will be better off trading him in 2022 than 2021.
And if he delivers another stellar year, it'd definitely be worth it to retain him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how does starting Love change this and "open the window"? What type of "evidence" are you going off of that points to a shut window?

I'm curious, in seasons where your evidence points to the window being shut, do you watch games?
Fair Enough: Here's the evidence the Packers Super Bowl window with AR has shut.
1- The team is significantly over the salary cap and will shed serious talent during the off season, including one or maybe two pro bowlers in Aaron Jones and Cory Lindsley.
2. Bakhtiari tore up his knee and will miss much of the 2021 season. Even if he plays a portion of the season, it's reasonable to expe t that he will be rusty if not the same athlete he once was. Bakt is no ordinary talent. He was on a HOF career path. Losing him was devastating and made all to apparent in the nfccg.
3.The Packers have shown no ability to get their special teams to a point where they are not a huge liability. That is going back over many seasons and different coaching staffs. Could it change? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.
4. Paradoxically, as long as AR is the Packers qb, they will be mired with late round draft selections that make it tough to fill in enough holes in the roster with difference making talent.
5. Gute's 2020 draft was picked for the future and not to maximize the chances the team wins a Super Bowl trophy with AR.
6. Getting no production from a first round draft choice - Jordan Love - makes it a lot harder to win a Super Bowl. Given that all GM's miss on high draft choices, it's hard to compensate for that when your first round pick is in street clothes.
7.History of underachieving in the playoffs over the last decade. The sample size is quite big for both home and away games. The team plays soft and passive and all too often gets away from what worked to get them in that game. Not a good recipe for success but it keeps being followed.
8. Key players are at their prime and can be expected to decline, even if it's a modest one. Both Lindsley and Bakt are pushing 30, Crosby can't get the touchbacks he once had. Adam's had a career year and can't be expected to have the same type of success. Both LA and Tampa kept him from having his normal monster game in the playoffs which shows that he can be limited in key games.
9. Luck with injuries. Over the past two seasons, the Packers haven't been decimated by injuries. Don't expect that to continue as injuries tend to even out over time.
10. Poor coaching in big games. In the past two nfccg the coaching was very bad to be charitable. LaFleur looks to be another Marty Shottenheimer. He can win a lot of regular season games but makes huge blunders in clutch moments.
11.Distrust between LaFleur and Rodgers. LaFleur didn't trust Rodgers at the most crucial point in the season if not the last ten years of Rodger's career. That can't be undone with platitudes. Can't see how that helps them win a championship.
12. No evidence of a home field advantage in the playoffs. Going back to the beginning of AR's career, the Packers are a measely 5-4 at Lambeau.

There are additional reasons but I think you can get the picture that the weight of all of these factors makes it a prudent decision to start the Jordan Love era. While I think he's not the long-term answer at qb, I still think he deserves his chance to show what he can do in regular season games when it counts.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Fair Enough: Here's the evidence the Packers Super Bowl window with AR has shut.
1- The team is significantly over the salary cap and will shed serious talent during the off season, including one or maybe two pro bowlers in Aaron Jones and Cory Lindsley.
2. Bakhtiari tore up his knee and will miss much of the 2021 season. Even if he plays a portion of the season, it's reasonable to expe t that he will be rusty if not the same athlete he once was. Bakt is no ordinary talent. He was on a HOF career path. Losing him was devastating and made all to apparent in the nfccg.
3.The Packers have shown no ability to get their special teams to a point where they are not a huge liability. That is going back over many seasons and different coaching staffs. Could it change? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.
4. Paradoxically, as long as AR is the Packers qb, they will be mired with late round draft selections that make it tough to fill in enough holes in the roster with difference making talent.
5. Gute's 2020 draft was picked for the future and not to maximize the chances the team wins a Super Bowl trophy with AR.
6. Getting no production from a first round draft choice - Jordan Love - makes it a lot harder to win a Super Bowl. Given that all GM's miss on high draft choices, it's hard to compensate for that when your first round pick is in street clothes.
7.History of underachieving in the playoffs over the last decade. The sample size is quite big for both home and away games. The team plays soft and passive and all too often gets away from what worked to get them in that game. Not a good recipe for success but it keeps being followed.
8. Key players are at their prime and can be expected to decline, even if it's a modest one. Both Lindsley and Bakt are pushing 30, Crosby can't get the touchbacks he once had. Adam's had a career year and can't be expected to have the same type of success. Both LA and Tampa kept him from having his normal monster game in the playoffs which shows that he can be limited in key games.
9. Luck with injuries. Over the past two seasons, the Packers haven't been decimated by injuries. Don't expect that to continue as injuries tend to even out over time.
10. Poor coaching in big games. In the past two nfccg the coaching was very bad to be charitable. LaFleur looks to be another Marty Shottenheimer. He can win a lot of regular season games but makes huge blunders in clutch moments.
11.Distrust between LaFleur and Rodgers. LaFleur didn't trust Rodgers at the most crucial point in the season if not the last ten years of Rodger's career. That can't be undone with platitudes. Can't see how that helps them win a championship.
12. No evidence of a home field advantage in the playoffs. Going back to the beginning of AR's career, the Packers are a measely 5-4 at Lambeau.

There are additional reasons but I think you can get the picture that the weight of all of these factors makes it a prudent decision to start the Jordan Love era. While I think he's not the long-term answer at qb, I still think he deserves his chance to show what he can do in regular season games when it counts.

This isn't "evidence", it is basically opinions or predictions. Nor are many of them actually influenced by what you are proposing.....get rid of Rodgers and play Jordan Love. I'm not saying that some of them have no foundation or that you are crazy, but I think most of these can be countered with a complete 180 responses or have no real truth to them.

1. We don't know where the final Salary Cap will be. This is effecting many teams, not just the Packers. Has Ball or the Packers given you indications in the past that they don't know how to handle the cap very well?
  2. The loss of Bahk is what it is. Yes, he is an important piece, but not irreplaceable.
  3. The special teams suck, yet they still made it to the NFCCG despite them. New special teams coach can change this.
  4. Yes, when you are successful, you usually pick at the end of the draft. How has picking at the front of the draft worked out for teams like Jacksonville and Cleveland?
  5. Gutes 2020 picks for the future. Those picks will be in their second year, how does that not help future teams?
  6. This one makes no sense. You say "Given that all GM's miss on high draft choices, it's hard to compensate for that when your first round pick is in street clothes." I just don't get this and if you combine it with #4, it really makes no sense. Sounds like high picks wont do us any good, then why worry about Love not playing?
  7. Packers are soft in the Playoffs. This is an observation, as are most of these points. They aren't you explaining how going into rebuild mode fixes them.
  8. Key players are at their prime and now expecting to decline? Really? I don't see that with guys like Adams, Tonyan, Jenkins, Runyan, Dillon, MVS, Lazard, Clark, Alexander, Savage, Amos, Z. Smith, Barnes, Martin......Even Rodgers improved this year. Is he declining? Come on man, every team has cap, contract and age causalities but the Packers aren't suddenly old and over the hill.
  9. Luck With Injuries? Ahhh....so if they go into rebuild mode, the luck will stay, but if they don't, prepare for injuries?
  10. Poor Coaching? I will give you Pettine and Special teams, but I think you are implying MLF. So fire MLF, cut Rodgers and.....?? Come on man!
  11. Distrust between LaFleur and Rodgers? Have you paid attention this season? That is old and fake news.
  12. No evidence of a home field advantage in the playoffs. Again, something that you think will change, simply by starting over and letting Love start at QB?
This feels like a list of all the things you could find wrong (in your eyes), with very little of it being resolved by getting rid of Rodgers and handing the team over to Love.

Were you around when Hundley and Kizer started at QB?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't "evidence", it is basically opinions or predictions. Nor are many of them actually influenced by what you are proposing.....get rid of Rodgers and play Jordan Love. I'm not saying that some of them have no foundation or that you are crazy, but I think most of these can be countered with a complete 180 responses or have no real truth to them.

1. We don't know where the final Salary Cap will be. This is effecting many teams, not just the Packers. Has Ball or the Packers given you indications in the past that they don't know how to handle the cap very well?
  2. The loss of Bahk is what it is. Yes, he is an important piece, but not irreplaceable.
  3. The special teams suck, yet they still made it to the NFCCG despite them. New special teams coach can change this.
  4. Yes, when you are successful, you usually pick at the end of the draft. How has picking at the front of the draft worked out for teams like Jacksonville and Cleveland?
  5. Gutes 2020 picks for the future. Those picks will be in their second year, how does that not help future teams?
  6. This one makes no sense. You say "Given that all GM's miss on high draft choices, it's hard to compensate for that when your first round pick is in street clothes." I just don't get this and if you combine it with #4, it really makes no sense. Sounds like high picks wont do us any good, then why worry about Love not playing?
  7. Packers are soft in the Playoffs. This is an observation, as are most of these points. They aren't you explaining how going into rebuild mode fixes them.
  8. Key players are at their prime and now expecting to decline? Really? I don't see that with guys like Adams, Tonyan, Jenkins, Runyan, Dillon, MVS, Lazard, Clark, Alexander, Savage, Amos, Z. Smith, Barnes, Martin......Even Rodgers improved this year. Is he declining? Come on man, every team has cap, contract and age causalities but the Packers aren't suddenly old and over the hill.
  9. Luck With Injuries? Ahhh....so if they go into rebuild mode, the luck will stay, but if they don't, prepare for injuries?
  10. Poor Coaching? I will give you Pettine and Special teams, but I think you are implying MLF. So fire MLF, cut Rodgers and.....?? Come on man!
  11. Distrust between LaFleur and Rodgers? Have you paid attention this season? That is old and fake news.
  12. No evidence of a home field advantage in the playoffs. Again, something that you think will change, simply by starting over and letting Love start at QB?
This feels like a list of all the things you could find wrong (in your eyes), with very little of it being resolved by getting rid of Rodgers and handing the team over to Love.

Were you around when Hundley and Kizer started at QB?
Hundley and Kizer sucked and Love may be just as bad. Packers have had 10 years to win another Super Bowl with AR and they don't have the team nor the front office leadership to get it done. Proof is in the results. The sample size is pretty big to justify that. I don't see the benefit of repeating the same old scenario again in 2021. knowing that the Packers traded up in the first round to pick Love, he will play soon due to that huge investment. AR's trade value will never be higher. Might as well get as much for him as possible knowing full well Love's day is coming soon. Love won't change all of the problems listed above but shouldn't the Packers try and get as much talent around him as possible? Admitting that the Super Bowl window is shut and getting as much for AR as possible will do that. Waiting another year or two will diminish AR's trade value. I have witnessed too many playoff chokes to think that hanging on to AR will accomplish much in the way of changing their proclivity to underachieve in big games.

D

Deleted member 6794

oh, so you want to tell us someone else besides an inactive QB could have done more? great, i think everyone already knows that. Who would have thought it would be possible at one point in time to have someone produce more than someone who didn't play.

So you finally agree with me that it was a mistake to draft Love in the first round???

It depends on whether the Super Bowl window is shut or not to go with a first round draft pick. There is a lot of evidence to point that the window is shut. Ignoring that evidence is what's crazy.

The Packers came within some plays going their way of making the Super Bowl. There's no evidence that suggests their Super Bowl window is shut.

I don't know, maybe fans that didn't have to suffer through those times are spoiled now and expect a Super Bowl every season?

I agree there's no reason to expect winning a Super Bowl every season but there's reason to be disappointed the Packers haven't been able to even return to the big game over the past 10 seasons while featuring a HOF quarterback.

lol...they don't have the cap to go all in...even with a restructure!

The front office could create a ton of cap space for 2021 by restructuring several contracts. I don't expect them to go all-in for next season once again though.

is your priority the Packers or rodgers? it might be bad idea for the rodgers fan boys (letting rodgers walk)...and it's not saving $5m it's $45m.

Rodgers gives the Packers the only chance to make another run at a Super Bowl in 2021.

BTW the Packers would save a total of $22.85 million in cap space by moving on from him this season compared to holding on to him for another year.

AR's trade value will never be higher.

Unfortunately the Packers couldn't even sign two first round rookies with the savings trading Rodgers would result in. It might make sense to think about listening to offers for him after the 2021 season but at this point with the way his contract is structured it doesn't.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree there's no reason to expect winning a Super Bowl every season but there's reason to be disappointed the Packers haven't been able to even return to the big game over the past 10 seasons while featuring a HOF quarterback.

Disappointed, yes. However, doing what some are suggesting, panicking and wanting to have a fire sale that includes jettisoning the one man that is mostly responsible for much of the Packers success in the last 13 years, just after he won the league MVP?

There is definitely a difference between saying "I am disappointed that the Packers didn't win/get to another Super Bowl, but I still think it was a highly successful season". Versus saying "The Packers failed to win a Super Bowl, they are as bad as Jacksonville and need to go full rebuild mode now, while they still can."

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a question I'd like to ask, and I'd like to not be beaten to a pulp for asking it please.

I don't post up here much, and exist in Covid-induced near total isolation, and have nobody else to talk to about this (except the lady at the grocery store).

Why don't they trade Jordan Love?

He's causing "friction" with the existing HOF MVP QB AR12 who just led the team to the brink of the Super Bowl.

Said HOF MVP QB AR12 just played one of the best seasons of his career, with a somewhat less than stellar supporting cast, and may play for 5 more years.

WHY do we keep Jordan Love?

Shockwave

Bred-in-the-bone Green Bay Packer fan est 1959

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question I'd like to ask, and I'd like to not be beaten to a pulp for asking it please.

I don't post up here much, and exist in Covid-induced near total isolation, and have nobody else to talk to about this (except the lady at the grocery store).

Why don't they trade Jordan Love?

He's causing "friction" with the existing HOF MVP QB AR12 who just led the team to the brink of the Super Bowl.

Said HOF MVP QB AR12 just played one of the best seasons of his career, with a somewhat less than stellar supporting cast, and may play for 5 more years.

WHY do we keep Jordan Love?

Shockwave

Bred-in-the-bone Green Bay Packer fan est 1959
For one it'd be admitting to your HOF QB being able to make personnel decisions.
Two, you'd basically be throwing out last seasons 1st round pick as nobody would offer anything for him.
Three, where does the friction come from? Click-bait article headlines is the only source I've seen.
Four, he may/should/better beat out Boyle for #2 QB next season. Always need a competent cheap backup.
Five, stop hitting on the lady at the grocery store. She is someone's gal or mom or sister or daughter and deserves better than an old fart like you.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Five, stop hitting on the lady at the grocery store. She is someone's gal or mom or sister or daughter and deserves better than an old fart like you.

Well.....that was "extremely hurtful".

So JL would be essentially worthless as trade-bait hey?

I have nothing against the young man. He might be AR12 Mark II for all I know.

OK, we'll keep him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading now would result in nothing. They believed they saw something in him and it was worth getting him. He may have been a short term back up plan because they had questions how Rodgers was going to perform, or they may have though him to be a 3-4 year plan to move from one QB to the next great one. i don't know, nobody does.

What I do know is they didn't pick him for any other reason then they thought he was the real deal QB and wanted him. So, if they tried to trade him now that would send off red flags to everyone. I'd pump the breaks and be like, why did they trade so much for him, not play him and now want to bail out after year 1?

Now had he played in the preseason and maybe showed in a few games this year and was lights out and other teams were clamoring for him, cool. But nobody has seen anything from him since college except GB and for what they gave up to get him, I think it would raise the level of skepticism on him 100 fold for other teams.

the college evaluation was done, one day we're going to see if they were right or not. maybe boyle shows he's the man and Love shows enough to make some other team want to trade for him in a year or 2. Who knows. But I know his trade value right now is zero and our investment is already made. no sense selling today.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen the "haven't given Rodgers help" idea thrown around plenty again in this thread so let's just kill that notion here

Over half the offense BESIDES Rodgers consisted/consists of All Pro to Pro Bowler talent/production this past season. (Adams, Jones, Tonyan, Bahk, Jenkins, Linsley)

Including Rodgers that number reaches 7 out of 11 players on the field being some of the elite at their positions in the entire league this past season.

Good lord how is that somehow failing to stack talent on one side of the ball

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen the "haven't given Rodgers help" idea thrown around plenty again in this thread so let's just kill that notion here

Over half the offense BESIDES Rodgers consisted/consists of All Pro to Pro Bowler talent/production this past season. (Adams, Jones, Tonyan, Bahk, Jenkins, Linsley)

Including Rodgers that number reaches 7 out of 11 players on the field being some of the elite at their positions in the entire league this past season.

100% this.

Tampa’s defense matches up really well with our offense. We had backup OT’s at both spots, and I’m going to criticize LaFleur here, he didn’t do enough to help them. Really physical, and fast, CB’s that threw the rhythm off. Really fast LB’s with a big gap eater in the middle.

We lost, but we absolutely had the talent of a championship team. I don’t see how people can deny that.

D

Deleted member 6794

There is definitely a difference between saying "I am disappointed that the Packers didn't win/get to another Super Bowl, but I still think it was a highly successful season". Versus saying "The Packers failed to win a Super Bowl, they are as bad as Jacksonville and need to go full rebuild mode now, while they still can."

I was definitely enjoying the 2020 season but don't consider it highly successful after being eliminated in the NFCCG pnce again.

It's true there's no reason to act as if the sky is falling though either.

First of all the Packers had four All-Pros on offense, nobody should care about Pro Bowl selections.

In addition that doesn't change the fact that the team hasn't spent a first round pick on a receiver since Rodgers became the starter.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% this.

Tampa’s defense matches up really well with our offense. We had backup OT’s at both spots, and I’m going to criticize LaFleur here, he didn’t do enough to help them. Really physical, and fast, CB’s that threw the rhythm off. Really fast LB’s with a big gap eater in the middle.

We lost, but we absolutely had the talent of a championship team. I don’t see how people can deny that.
I almost wish they would have put turner back on the right and left wagner on the left even though he is even worse on the left side. Then they could have had serviceable on the right and just planned on helping the LT all game long.

Instead they put Wagner at his best spot, RT where he was a complete mess all game. Put turner where he's probably least effective and we were very vulnerable at both positions.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares if the Packers have spent a 1st round pick on a WR or not? That’s talk show drivel. We should all be smarter than that.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was definitely enjoying the 2020 season but don't consider it highly successful after being eliminated in the NFCCG pnce again.

It's true there's no reason to act as if the sky is falling though either.

First of all the Packers had four All-Pros on offense, nobody should care about Pro Bowl selections.

In addition that doesn't change the fact that the team hasn't spent a first round pick on a receiver since Rodgers became the starter.

And that continues to be the dumbest talking point spewed forth by the talking heads that people have picked up on.

Over half the offense is filled up by elite level players and people want to act like they haven't put enough talent in that side of the ball and for the majority of his career the Packers offense has had tons of talent at the reciever position. Good lord if we had selected Jordy a whopping 4 picks sooner this isn't even a talking point. Thats how dumb it is to bring up.

Want to argue you would've gone a different direction in specific drafts? Go for it. Theres cases to be made. Want to argue that they haven't given Rodgers enough reciever help through the lions share of his career because they never drafted one in the 1st? Don't. Its a dumb argument

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Who cares if the Packers have spent a 1st round pick on a WR or not? That’s talk show drivel. We should all be smarter than that.
Fair point. But the Packers have not allocated a legitimate resource to acquiring a wide receiver since 2014.

At least they have drafted 2nd round WR's in the past.

2014 - Adams
2011 - Cobb
2008 - Nelson
2006 - Jennings

Just for somewhat recent history.

That was a period in which the Packers made at least a 2nd round investment every 2 or 3 years. But the Packers haven't invested a 1st or 2nd rounder to a receiver in coming up on 7 years now. The last time the Packers went that long without doing so was the late 80's to early 90's.

The cupboard is more bare now than it's been in an extremely long time and it's in no small part due to the fact that the Packers haven't invested enough in it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Over half the offense is filled up by elite level players and people want to act like they haven't put enough talent in that side of the ball and for the majority of his career the Packers offense has had tons of talent at the reciever position. Good lord if we had selected Jordy a whopping 4 picks sooner this isn't even a talking point. Thats how dumb it is to bring up.

While the Packers have elite players on offense they lack quality depth on that side of the ball though.

There's no doubt the front office hasn't invested enough ressources into the wide receiver position over the past few years. It's actually dumb to not realize that.

Aside of Montgomery, who turned out to be a running back, the team hasn't even spent a day two pick on the position over the past six drafts.

Having Adams doesn't change the team lacks talent at receiver because of it.

Want to argue that they haven't given Rodgers enough reciever help through the lions share of his career because they never drafted one in the 1st? Don't. Its a dumb argument

Once again, there's no doubt Rodgers has had a lot of talent at receiver for most of his tenure as the team's starter.

It's dumb to argue that has been true since Nelson and Cobb left though.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, the 80's and first part of the 90's, it was rough sledding to be a Packer fan. A playoff game was the gold standard. I don't know, maybe fans that didn't have to suffer through those times are spoiled now and expect a Super Bowl every season? I am pretty convinced that what separated the Packers 94-2020 teams and those playing in the 70's and 80's was simply one thing, a HOF QB. Probably more so under Rodgers than Favre. But that goes to show you just what little can separate a Winning team and a losing one. This isn't to say that other things didn't factor into it, but without Favre and Rodgers, I think the last 25 years wouldn't have been that much different than the 70's and 80's.

That 90s SB team had more defensive talent than any Packer team since the Lombardi era. Reggie White, Sean Jones, Leroy Butler, Eugene Robinson, Santana Dotson. Doug Evans never won career honors but in 1996 he was the best corner in the league that year, his play against top receivers was just nuts.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Packers have elite players on offense they lack quality depth on that side of the ball though.

There's no doubt the front office hasn't invested enough ressources into the wide receiver position over the past few years. It's actually dumb to not realize that.

Aside of Montgomery, who turned out to be a running back, the team hasn't even spent a day two pick on the position over the past six drafts.

Having Adams doesn't change the team lacks talent at receiver because of it.

Once again, there's no doubt Rodgers has had a lot of talent at receiver for most of his tenure as the team's starter.

It's dumb to argue that has been true since Nelson and Cobb left though.

Its pretty dumb to try and change your complaint from ""They haven't spent a 1st round pick on a reciever since Rodgers became the starter" to these and think no one would notice