1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jermichael Finley's new contract

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, May 10, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I know it's a bit early to talk about his contract, but packerslounge.com made an interesting point regarding how much we'd have to pay to keep Finley on the team once it expires. His rookie contract runs through the end of 2011 so we have a bit of time. Recently it was reported that the 49ers are negotiating a deal with Vernon Davis for a new contract worth up to $40 Million for 5 years. That's a heck of a lot of dough and I hope TT is willing to dish out the cash consdering Finley is poised to have a huge impact in the coming years.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Depends if his play stays in the "potential" realm or he trully becomes one of the league's top TE...

3. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah he'll need to play at Vernon Davis' level to get paid like Vernon.. I think that he'll live up to his potential (really hope he does) and then he'll get that big contract and I don't think TT will have a problem dishing it out for him..

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    We really dont know where the NFL will be at that point. We could be in the middle of a strike or have a new CBA. He is going to have to have two consistent high performing seasons before we pay him the big bucks. We might be able to franchise him for another year as well depending on the CBA

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I wouldnt bring this up...

Javon Walker comes to mind

6. PackerSlacker

PackerSlacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still way paranoid that he's going to become the headcase Walker was. He just seems like one of those guys that might get a diva attitude once his contract is up and want to go to the bigger market to reap the rewards of all those endorsements he might not get here. Especially if he feels hes the key to the team. Maybe he'll pull that crap Sterling did on the eve of the regular season. But hopefully not. I hope I'm dead wrong. Maybe hes really grown up like he says. If you can really grow up that much in a year. So far so good...

7. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    you pay him whatever he wants