1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

James Jones #2 WR ?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dogpackerz, Nov 9, 2010.

1. dogpackerz

dogpackerz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +37
    No disrespect to Donald Driver. I think the Packers are better off with JJ as the #2 WR and put DD as #3 or #4.

I understand James Jones has fumbled, and dropped passes at crucial times..
    Driver has been absent most of the season (due to injury), but has lots of dropped passes also

James Jones needs more oppurtunity...he's faster, bigger, better moves (HE HAS MORE UPSIDE THAN DRIVER)

Donald Driver is the ultimate Packer. He embodies everything you want your players to be and play. But after not catching a ball for the second straight week (all be it because of the quad injury ). He has been an ageless wonder and his level of play has never been questioned, but one has to wonder now.

Maybe it is time to start James Jones over a healthy Driver. I am a loyal person, but Jones and Nelson have out played and performed him so far in 2010 and, to me Rodgers looks to Jennings, Jones and Nelson more and more now days.

I love you DD

but its JJ's turn to step it up like

Jennings did in 06
    Freeman did in 96
    Walker did in 03
    Driver in 02
    Brooks in 94

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

2. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    Double D has done fine hes just hasn't done much in the last couple weeks because of injuries. Plus does it matter who's Number 2 or 3 they get on the field pretty equally

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    JJ had a great game.
    But he still had one drop and one fumble.

He just can't perform for 60 minutes. When he's able to be consistant, he'll be a great WR, a #1 WR in this league, and I hope it's with the Packers.

But, right now, with DD healthy, DD is the starter.

4. jakeslaughter25

jakeslaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No question DD is number 2 guy here when he is healthy. JJ hasnt played a full game without one bonehead move. Last week was a great week for him but he made two mistakes.... luckily the game was a blow out and it didn't cost us the game like against Chicago bears game

5. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    DD hands down #2 when he's healthy, better yac, better hands and better ball security then JJ.

6. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    hahaha his 1 drop cost me a FF win and prob. some $$$$

but I'm FOR JJ as #2

DD #3 slot guy.
    He already plays most downs in the slot anyway.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    I know, If 'ifs and buts were candy and nuts'....But if JJ woulda made the play and not coughed it up in Chicago it could look like this.....
    Green Bay 7-2
    Chicago 4-4

8. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    He's gotta show that he can hang on to the ball and catch it when Rodgers puts it RIGHT ON THE MONEY.

Then he can be a number 2.

9. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    You think they still have that silk sheath that they made Samkon practice with? (makes the ball really slick) That'd be useful!

10. PackersFan28

PackersFan28 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I agree. I'm not 100% confident in James Jones yet, and definitely don't want him replacing Donald Driver as of now.