James Jones #2 WR ?

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No disrespect to Donald Driver. I think the Packers are better off with JJ as the #2 WR and put DD as #3 or #4.

I understand James Jones has fumbled, and dropped passes at crucial times..
Driver has been absent most of the season (due to injury), but has lots of dropped passes also

James Jones needs more oppurtunity...he's faster, bigger, better moves (HE HAS MORE UPSIDE THAN DRIVER)

Donald Driver is the ultimate Packer. He embodies everything you want your players to be and play. But after not catching a ball for the second straight week (all be it because of the quad injury ). He has been an ageless wonder and his level of play has never been questioned, but one has to wonder now.

Maybe it is time to start James Jones over a healthy Driver. I am a loyal person, but Jones and Nelson have out played and performed him so far in 2010 and, to me Rodgers looks to Jennings, Jones and Nelson more and more now days.

I love you DD

but its JJ's turn to step it up like

Jennings did in 06
Freeman did in 96
Walker did in 03
Driver in 02
Brooks in 94

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Reaction score
Double D has done fine hes just hasn't done much in the last couple weeks because of injuries. Plus does it matter who's Number 2 or 3 they get on the field pretty equally

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ had a great game.
But he still had one drop and one fumble.

He just can't perform for 60 minutes. When he's able to be consistant, he'll be a great WR, a #1 WR in this league, and I hope it's with the Packers.

But, right now, with DD healthy, DD is the starter.

jakeslaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question DD is number 2 guy here when he is healthy. JJ hasnt played a full game without one bonehead move. Last week was a great week for him but he made two mistakes.... luckily the game was a blow out and it didn't cost us the game like against Chicago bears game

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahaha his 1 drop cost me a FF win and prob. some $$$$

but I'm FOR JJ as #2

DD #3 slot guy.
He already plays most downs in the slot anyway.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
I know, If 'ifs and buts were candy and nuts'....But if JJ woulda made the play and not coughed it up in Chicago it could look like this.....
Green Bay 7-2
Chicago 4-4

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
You think they still have that silk sheath that they made Samkon practice with? (makes the ball really slick) That'd be useful!

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ had a great game.
But he still had one drop and one fumble.

He just can't perform for 60 minutes. When he's able to be consistant, he'll be a great WR, a #1 WR in this league, and I hope it's with the Packers.

But, right now, with DD healthy, DD is the starter.

I agree. I'm not 100% confident in James Jones yet, and definitely don't want him replacing Donald Driver as of now.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts