It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers carted off….this could be the end of a first rounder coming back for him.
It was just a kind pedestrian sack and he gets hurt. He had time to get out of there. A younger QB would have taken off. Even when he escaped on the first throw he looked super slow.

Reaction score
It was just a kind pedestrian sack and he gets hurt. He had time to get out of there. A younger QB would have taken off. Even when he escaped on the first throw he looked super slow.
This is why it’s generally not good to keep a soon to be 40 yr old. We both know things strain a little easier and heal a lot slower.
I’m going to stick with 2-4 weeks and he’s back to work.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why it’s generally not good to keep a soon to be 40 yr old. We both know things strain a little easier and heal a lot slower.
And in other old cases they no longer heal.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can see his cleats planted in the turf with his achilles stretched a bit and then the defender came down right on the achilles with most of his weight. I'm going with ruptured achilles and done for the season.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he's not out for the season if for nothing else because he wants to play. However, for selfish reasons GB would receive the Jets 1st Rd pick if he plays over 50% of the plays this season.

Rodgers has had a great career but my fear is that he holds onto the ball too long. As much as the NFL Analysts have devalued Packers Players over the years in basically saying they are so so in talent in comparison to teams like the Cowboys, the Jets pass blocking OL sucks.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Test came back negative. I don't know if those tests cover Achilles. Hopefully just a minor ankle injury and back soon. Somebody should put Greenberg on suicide watch

Reaction score
You can see his cleats planted in the turf with his achilles stretched a bit and then the defender came down right on the achilles with most of his weight. I'm going with ruptured achilles and done for the season.
I just want the man to be able to play ball again. He’s not my favorite guy off the field but I’ve already prayed for him and I’ll continue to do so until I see him playing football. He’s too great a player to gamble with you on this type thing. I’m out on that do it with someone else I’m not impressed

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Test came back negative. I don't know if those tests cover Achilles. Hopefully just a minor ankle injury and back soon. Somebody should put Greenberg on suicide watch
X-ray was negative. X-ray tells you next to nothing about soft tissue injuries. It just means there were no broken bones.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d be fine if it’s broken - actually I’d he HAPPY. Never liked him, so we drop from a late 1st (assuming he played OK til he folded in the playoffs - again) - to an early 2nd. Worth it to see Karma have her day.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've heard/read.. no. Seems like achilles is the general concern. If torn, done for the season (like Dobbins)
if Achilles, probably done for good. I just can't seem him putting in the work to have a real shot at coming back from that at his age. A lot of younger guys don't come back from that.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if Achilles, probably done for good. I just can't seem him putting in the work to have a real shot at coming back from that at his age. A lot of younger guys don't come back from that.

I'm the opposite, I think he would be determined to come back and not go out like that.

Wonder if the NFL 'script' commercial has the Jets calling Tom Brady, he strolls in and takes them to a Super Bowl.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, well Aaron wore me slick last season, but I've never been able to make myself almost gleeful about an injury to any competitor...nor wish an injury to any competitor. These guys are just doing their jobs...and I'm almost sick inside. The guy literally gave us his best years - felt the same way with Favre as the Saints mauled him.

I'm praying for a severe sprain since it HAS to be SOMETHING.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He held the Packers hostage, put himself above the team. I I.D.’d him as a me first prima donna before he started his first game. Karma has had his number for years. I’d like to see him take enough snaps to get us a first rounder but a season/career ending injury would be a great plan B.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he's not out for the season if for nothing else because he wants to play. However, for selfish reasons GB would receive the Jets 1st Rd pick if he plays over 50% of the plays this season.

Rodgers has had a great career but my fear is that he holds onto the ball too long. As much as the NFL Analysts have devalued Packers Players over the years in basically saying they are so so in talent in comparison to teams like the Cowboys, the Jets pass blocking OL sucks.

It’s 65%

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d be fine if it’s broken - actually I’d he HAPPY. Never liked him, so we drop from a late 1st (assuming he played OK til he folded in the playoffs - again) - to an early 2nd. Worth it to see Karma have her day.
I am a big believer in Karma also. Hopefully there aren't any more posts like this as that could easily turn Karma against GB. After some more thought IMO you are not really a true Packer fan so I am confident Karma will not give you a 2nd thought. Carry on.

Latest posts