It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodger fans come out to blast others opinions

You broke a forum rule

Did he?
He may not have broken any forums rules but he sure did break the old common decency rule which is way more important to me than your forum rules. Based on multiple posts and likes, it seems quite a few others agree. I am not surprised at those who don't.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah anyone who says they’d “be” happy, I spelled the 2nd grade word right for you, you’re welcome, for anyone to say happy someone is hurt is a complete piece of ****. Ban me for all I care for saying it but yeah you’re what’s wrong with this country
Haters will be haters. The best part is he isn't even good at it. IMO if I despised AR that much I wouldn't want him injured. I would want him playing and playing poorly which is where things were heading by the looks of things early on. Imagine Love not only wins, but has highest QB ranking. AR loses and struggles behind an awful OL. The physical injury will heal, but to a guy like AR it's the mental anguish you want him to suffer. Come on AK, if you are gonna hate at least put some thought into it.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure a reasonable draft position for the Jets WITH Rodgers was maybe 25. Without 45. So we dropped 20 spots. That’s the impact I’m concerned about. It will be nice to not have to watch the drama for the entire season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure a reasonable draft position for the Jets WITH Rodgers was maybe 25. Without 45. So we dropped 20 spots. That’s the impact I’m concerned about. It will be nice to not have to watch the drama for the entire season.

Truthfully as efficient as Gut has been in the first and second round - is it for sure a measurable difference, absolutely, but it is still a very valuable return pick.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got out from under Rodgers a year late but I like where we are going forward. If I feel badly for anyone, it’s Jets FANS. It’ll also be interesting to see what happens the next time some big named over the hill disgruntled player is on the market LOL

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If LVN and Musgrave have decent seasons this year, then that extra second round pick added in, more than makes up for a 1st rd pick.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An mri confirmed a complete tear of his Achilles. Season over for him. Makes you wonder if he will attempt to make a comeback or call it a career.

Reaction score
If LVN and Musgrave have decent seasons this year, then that extra second round pick added in, more than makes up for a 1st rd pick.
Absolutely. You can still get a pretty good player in that top 50 or better area. Some of our best players both present and past came out of Rd 2. Some in here (not you) act like a #25 overall vs a #45 overall is going to make or break our franchise. I also want the best draft value order, but just not at the expense of a players career.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's such a bummer. The Jets will be a lot less interesting with Zach Wilson, and I was looking forward to seeing if Rodgers still had the fire/chip on his shoulder -- also, we'll now (presumably) never see the Rodgers-vs-Mahomes matchup. Not to mention losing the possibility of the Jets' first round pick. A drag on every level.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've gotta agree with Backtiari. If the owners are not putting down the best type of turf for the players because of being able to save some money; then they are culpable and have their priorities all messed up. I hope they can figure out how much of this injury was caused by the turf.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He may not have broken any forums rules but he sure did break the old common decency rule which is way more important to me than your forum rules. Based on multiple posts and likes, it seems quite a few others agree. I am not surprised at those who don't.
His post uncalled for I agree.

I also don't want people to not pick on spelling

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. You can still get a pretty good player in that top 50 or better area. Some of our best players both present and past came out of Rd 2. Some in here (not you) act like a #25 overall vs a #45 overall is going to make or break our franchise. I also want the best draft value order, but just not at the expense of a players career.
Now that 2nd rd pick might be higher..so say they end up with 3 picks in the top 60..that's still a pretty good haul..for a guy that played 4 snaps.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that 2nd rd pick might be higher..so say they end up with 3 picks in the top 60..that's still a pretty good haul..for a guy that played 4 snaps.

Really it's two picks in the top 60. We merely swapped our first for their first, we didn't pick up an extra first at no cost.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the 2024 draft..they will still get the jets 2nd rd pick. Plus their own 1st and 2nd rounders. Could possibly be 3 picks in top 40,50,or 60 range. Add in last year's picks..and that's still a good haul for a guy who played 4 snaps for them.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the 2024 draft..they will still get the jets 2nd rd pick. Plus their own 1st and 2nd rounders. Could possibly be 3 picks in top 40,50,or 60 range. Add in last year's picks..and that's still a good haul for a guy who played 4 snaps for them.

For Rodgers we will get two high draft picks for him - the two seconds it is looking like now. The Day 1 last year cost us our Day 1, saying Rodgers got us a First and Second last year is not the whole story.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record as some forget (not saying you Ronny, just had a guy text me confused even):

Pick wise the trade was:

Jets 2023 First Round Pick - Packers Gave up their first round pick
Jets gave their 2023 Second Round Pick -
Jets gave their 2023 6th Round Pick - Packers gave up their 2023 5th Round Pick
Jets gave up a conditional 2024 (likely to be a 2nd now) -

Essentially we got two picks for Rodgers and a swap of Day 1s in our favor and a swap of Day3s not in our favor.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously I’d rather have the higher pick but it’s not the worst thing in the world for us. Off the top of my head I feel like we’ve done well in that range (where the jets’ 2 will likely fall) and if nothing else it’s still valuable capital if we feel like packaging to move up or even trading down

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you also consider Vanness who might not have been there. Musgrave who they basically got with a pick they wouldn't have had plus Brooks. That's 3 guys who are contributing, that you got for a 39 year old qb..who played 4 snaps this season. Add in a high to middle 2nd rounder in 24, and that's still a decent haul.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously I’d rather have the higher pick but it’s not the worst thing in the world for us. Off the top of my head I feel like we’ve done well in that range (where the jets’ 2 will likely fall) and if nothing else it’s still valuable capital if we feel like packaging to move up or even trading down

Gute has done exceptionally well in the first two rounds of the draft so far:

Jaire - ELITE
Josh Jackson - not good, but at time majority of folks thought steal.
Gary - ELITE
Savage - Has been great / has been bad...but still an NFL starter
Jenkins - ELITE OG
Love - Looks promising
Dillon - Solid #2 RB on most if not near all teams.
Stokes - WAS ELITE rookie year...dove sophomore year...waiting to see...
Myers - Starting level Center but looks like ceiling isn't close to elite.
Walker - Starting ILB off the bat and making plays early now
Wyatt - It is starting to click
Watson - When healthy produces at a near elite level
LVN - First signs promising
Musgrave - for a rookie TE already promising
Reed - Making plays out the gate

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does Brooks figure into this? You have to compare LVN to whomever they would have taken with their own 1st rounder. Musgrave was all bonus. Compare Brooks with who they would have drafted earlier with their 5th rounder. The 2nd rounder next year will be all bonus. I do not disagree on it being a nice haul , I just think you are overstating it. I apologize in advance if I misrepresented what I believed the trade led to.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you also consider Vanness who might not have been there. Musgrave who they basically got with a pick they wouldn't have had plus Brooks. That's 3 guys who are contributing, that you got for a 39 year old qb..who played 4 snaps this season. Add in a high to middle 2nd rounder in 24, and that's still a decent haul.

Correct Musgrave was truly a "no pick otherwise", the what if game can be played everywhere....and it actually was Anders that we picked with the Jets pick not Brooks, we always had the 179 pick, the Jets gave us their 6th round comp pick I believe the #207 pick.

The flexibility or luxury the extra 2nd rounder gave Gute and the knowledge of a future as well for sure is IMMENSE value...I just don't see it as fair when folks categorize that we turned Rodgers into a Day 1, a Day 2 and a Day 2 this next year as it isn't really a fair representation.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does Brooks figure into this? You have to compare LVN to whomever they would have taken with their own 1st rounder. Musgrave was all bonus. Compare Brooks with who they would have drafted earlier with their 5th rounder. The 2nd rounder next year will be all bonus. I do not disagree on it being a nice haul , I just think you are overstating it. I apologize in advance if I misrepresented what I believed the trade led to.

I am fairly certain it was not Brooks but Anders anyways...let me check quick.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction. Based on your last post we obviously agree on the actual value of the trade. Which again as things have turned out was a steal.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am obviously not happy that Rodgers got injured for multiple reasons.

1) He's a human being and I wouldn't root for him to get injured.

2) He can't lock in a 1st rounder for the Packers now.

3) It would have been very interesting to see what he looked like in New York.

So this is not me saying "he deserved it" or I'm glad or anything like that, but I find it really interesting that he got hurt while holding the ball on a three step drop with a blindside cut block where the pass is supposed to come out right away. There are already reports that he didn't like those plays being in the offense. My guess is that they were Hackett's way of trying to cover up for weak tackles. But as I've said for literally years now, Rodgers can still be great when he is willing to play within the logic of a system, but he refuses to do so because he thinks it's still 2011 and he can go play hero ball. He has become his own worst enemy and I am so glad it's not LaFleur's problem anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts