It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
83.7 rating in NFCCGs - boosted a LOT by the 2021 Bucs NFCCG; which was easily his best one too by the way

I don't care about padded stats in Wild Card and Divisional Round games - what have you done in the *BIG* games that really, really count?

/win
you are hilarious. that is all.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers, imperfect as he is, is top 5 in passer rating all time in the playoffs (100.1). Top 5 of all time.

In just his playoff losses, his rating is 91. Tom Brady's total career passer rating in the playoffs is 89.8. Yes, Rodgers was better in the playoffs just in games he LOST than Brady in all his games. Do believe that Brady is a significantly worse choker, or a regular season stat padder?

The playoffs are hard as hell, and a whole lot harder when your defense sucks.
STOP with the facts. You are just going to confuse all of the sheep!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
83.7 rating in NFCCGs - boosted a LOT by the 2021 Bucs NFCCG; which was easily his best one too by the way

I don't care about padded stats in Wild Card and Divisional Round games - what have you done in the *BIG* games that really, really count?

/win
Mmm.... this poster sounds a lot like another poster, nah no way someone would make up another screen name this soon after...... would they?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mmm.... this poster sounds a lot like another poster, nah no way someone would make up another screen name this soon after...... would they?
Echoes of the past? We'll have to see if diarrhea of the keyboard ensues.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Upon approval.. We verify a few things.

I went and dbl checked everything, nothing indicated another poster.

Instead of implying, go ahead and put a name to your accusations

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said on Instagram that he will rise again. Hopefully for him the Jets OL will be upgraded, or his second season with the Jets might not last much longer.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

/win
I can't believe I'm willing to engage with obvious trolling, but I kinda miss having...a certain poster around who was pretty good at puncturing windbags with facts. Tom Brady, all-time choker, had a passer rating of 82.7 all time in conference championship games. 21 tds amd 17 interceptions. Just for perspective.

OK, ok, I'm done "clutching" at stats, heh heh. And I'm 100% on the record that I am glad to move on from Rodgers to Love, btw, just so ya don't misread me.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett and Aaron were playoff chokers - particularly in the NFC Championship games....

How many end game NFCCG interceptions did Brett throw again?

How many times did Aaron just *NOT* play well at all in the NFCCG?

I think the irony is that BOTH of their last passes were interceptions, both traded to the Jets, but both were entirely different "people" and different playing styles (i.e. Interception King vs Best TD to Int ratio ever)
Agree with all. And in the end, they were both full of themselves. Certainly they were great QBs, Rodgers being better just for his unreal TD/INT ratio. Favre was a TD AND INT machine. But when they left town, they had become insufferable, at least IMO.

And after the SB in 2011, Rodgers was, I think, 0-4 in the NFCCG. Not all, but most were on him. (Certainly the 2014 meltdown against the hags was mostly on MM coaching not to lose.). For a guy who prided himself on knowing the game better than the coaches, there were a number of situations where Rodgers flat out didn't execute (failed).

And Favre's season ending INTs didn't end in GB. He threw one with the Queens against the Saints. Had me merely fallen down, the Queens had a makeable FG to go to the SB. Not Favre. The Saints went to the SB and won. 2009 I think..... maybe 2008.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm willing to engage with obvious trolling, but I kinda miss having...a certain poster around who was pretty good at puncturing windbags with facts. Tom Brady, all-time choker, had a passer rating of 82.7 all time in conference championship games. 21 tds amd 17 interceptions. Just for perspective.

OK, ok, I'm done "clutching" at stats, heh heh. And I'm 100% on the record that I am glad to move on from Rodgers to Love, btw, just so ya don't misread me.
Wow that stat on Brady is stunning. I never would have guessed it, so thanks. And I know who you're talking about - the guy who proved Mark Twain was right when he said there were three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies, and statistics. This also proves his point.

And I'm not so sure Clutch is trolling, or maybe I don't know him/her well enough. Yeah Clutch points out some truly awful stats about Favre and Rodgers - but with two SBs between them in 31 years, hard to argue. I do get your point. I prefer balanced comments.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this moment it may be better to be a Packer fan than a Jet fan.
Yeah that's well put. After a great performance Sunday, it's arguable whether it's better to be a QB for the Jets or Packers. And before I get slammed, please keep the quality of the O line in mind. Yes, the Jets have a better defense and more impact players on offense, but the Packers have an O line that is far superior in both pass and run blocking, IMO. That hard truth was evident Monday night.

The teams are closer than most would think. Now the season will prove it, or not. And with Rodgers out and no solid backup QB, well all the talent in the world won't help much, and we're talking about Zach Wilson. Better to be a cheesehead this year I think. Not that either team is SB bound. I just see the Packers as a better rounded team.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow that stat on Brady is stunning. I never would have guessed it, so thanks. And I know who you're talking about - the guy who proved Mark Twain was right when he said there were three kinds of lies - lies, damned lies, and statistics. This also proves his point.

And I'm not so sure Clutch is trolling, or maybe I don't know him/her well enough. Yeah Clutch points out some truly awful stats about Favre and Rodgers - but with two SBs between them in 31 years, hard to argue. I do get your point. I prefer balanced comments.
Except most of those stat’s aren’t awful… just very poorly interpreted and skewed to attempt to fit a narrative.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upon approval.. We verify a few things.

I went and dbl checked everything, nothing indicated another poster.

Instead of implying, go ahead and put a name to your accusations
Thanks.

Nah I'm not. I respect and thanks Aaron for a lot of the things he did for us - and continued greatness, success, his regular seasons stats speak for themselves (lol), etc. I also can't blame Aaron in taking/following the money as I would do the same thing if I were him. So it's nothing personal.

I just see Aaron and Brett for what they were - they were playoff *chokers*, why can't some fans just admit it?

I still have Brett and Aaron's classic Packers jerseys, so it's not like I dislike them or am hateful or anything

I just see the reality, which is... 31 years and 3 Super Bowl appearances, 7 MVPs, tons of records and just 2 Super Bowl wins...2... Eli Manning has just as many which is laughable honestly lol

At the end of the day, regular season stats are nice, and they are both Top 15 all time easy...but it's Super Bowl wins

Eli Manning = 2 Super Bowl wins.... Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers = 2 Super Bowl wins combined

I'm not saying Eli is better obviously, but at the end of the day it comes down to Super Bowl wins honestly

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is on Jets management. They knew how Rodgers plays and knew they weren't going to be able to change his MO. They were fully aware they didn't have the pass blocking offensive linemen to make this work and they also knew Rodgers doesn't have the mobility he did 5 years ago.

Not a well executed plan.
It's equally on Rodgers because he pretty much limited Gute's trade options to just the Jets.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said on Instagram that he will rise again. Hopefully for him the Jets OL will be upgraded, or his second season with the Jets might not last much longer.
When did he rise the first time? I never knew he was down. Only Rodgers can create his own martyr complex. What a gas bag. Jeopardy didn't want him, and I'm guessing he won't be showing up in any broadcast booths. The guy is just too full of himself.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't the pattern that the Jets will release him next year, and the Vikings will pick him up?

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't the pattern that the Jets will release him next year, and the Vikings will pick him up?
Irony is this could possibly happen due to the injury... because as it stands, they are the hook for $75M and he may or may not recover completely

Justin Jefferson is AWESOME and most QBs, including Rodgers of course, would undoubtedly want to play with him

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...but at the end of the day it comes down to Super Bowl wins honestly
I understand your viewpoint and can respect it. I think the majority of people feel the same way.

Yet, where have the Giants been before and after their SB runs? Laughable. I am more proud to have watched my team win consistently and be in the mix for the playoffs most seasons, than to have the Packers throw in all of their chips for another SB that may or may not happen. Rodgers gave me a reason to feel ecstatic most weeks, and you can't say the same of Eli Manning.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand your viewpoint and can respect it. I think the majority of people feel the same way.

Yet, where have the Giants been before and after their SB runs? Laughable. I am more proud to have watched my team win consistently and be in the mix for the playoffs most seasons, than to have the Packers throw in all of their chips for another SB that may or may not happen. Rodgers gave me a reason to feel ecstatic most weeks, and you can't say the same of Eli Manning.
I do not believe it was Manning who derailed us in 2007 and 2011 although he played well. I say it was Tom Coughlin who not only beat us but beat Brady and Belichick....Twice. Great coaches can do that. Packer fans know that.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not believe it was Manning who derailed us in 2007 and 2011 although he played well. I say it was Tom Coughlin who not only beat us but beat Brady and Belichick....Twice. Great coaches can do that. Packer fans know that.
You're right about Coughlin and he was 5-1 vs BB career, which is SUPER impressive

I agree that coaching, ST, Defense and the TEAM in general make a difference in the final outcome

But at the end of the day, it's the players who *play* who make the difference

Although unreasonable, it's like saying if AR and the Pack scored a TD on EVERY possession in the NFCCG's do we advance to the Super Bowl all those years? Most likely yes

*Yes, an unreasonable ask, but you just gotta make it happen

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coughlin doesn't get the credit he deserves. That 2007 win was against an undefeated Pats team. I've heard people say they were flukes. That's garbage. He was simply a very good coach who knew when to get his team ready, and how.

Members online

Latest posts