It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is on Jets management. They knew how Rodgers plays and knew they weren't going to be able to change his MO. They were fully aware they didn't have the pass blocking offensive linemen to make this work and they also knew Rodgers doesn't have the mobility he did 5 years ago.

Not a well executed plan.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is on Jets management. They knew how Rodgers plays and knew they weren't going to be able to change his MO. They were fully aware they didn't have the pass blocking offensive linemen to make this work and they also knew Rodgers doesn't have the mobility he did 5 years ago.

Even so, Rodgers should have understood the limits of his OL. He decided to extend the play instead of taking the quick slant on a play that was not designed to be extended due to the nature of the blocking scheme on that play.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Even so, Rodgers should have understood the limits of his OL. He decided to extend the play instead of taking the quick slant on a play that was not designed to be extended due to the nature of the blocking scheme on that play.
Do you really think Rodgers was capable of quickly adapting his game by making the changes necessary? He's one of the most stubborn and slow to adapt players I've ever seen.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Absolutely, they should have push to have Yosh in the trade, or instead of signing Lazard and/or Amos go get a Tackle. Everyone always complained at GB for not getting Rodgers Wideouts...but they don't keep a QB upright.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you really think Rodgers was capable of quickly adapting his game by making the changes necessary? He's one of the most stubborn and slow to adapt players I've ever seen.
No, I don't. But he still should have understood the play design. I think he still thought he was Superman and could do it all by himself. He hasn't been that guy for a long, long time.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This was all evident on the play where he was injured. And artificial turf is no friend to a guy with a gimpy calf. He probably had very inflexible scar tissue ih his calf from prior injuries. And from one angle, the entire bottom of his foot looks glued to the MetLife turf while his calf and knee pushed grotesquely forward. Something like this was gonna happen at some point this year.

They have Breece Hall and spent $9 mil on D Cook. Maybe they could have invested in the O line.

I don't know. I'm no Rodgers fan but I hate seeing guys get hurt so badly. This injury is worse than an ACL tear. Piecing a torn achilles back together is no easy task - the achilles tendon and sheath is a complex structure. I know Kevin Durant recovered, but he's a lot younger than Rodgers.

I'm guessing Rodgers' HOF career is done.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was all evident on the play where he was injured. And artificial turf is no friend to a guy with a gimpy calf. He probably had very inflexible scar tissue ih his calf from prior injuries. And from one angle, the entire bottom of his foot looks glued to the MetLife turf while his calf and knee pushed grotesquely forward. Something like this was gonna happen at some point this year.

They have Breece Hall and spent $9 mil on D Cook. Maybe they could have invested in the O line.

I don't know. I'm no Rodgers fan but I hate seeing guys get hurt so badly. This injury is worse than an ACL tear. Piecing a torn achilles back together is no easy task - the achilles tendon and sheath is a complex structure. I know Kevin Durant recovered, but he's a lot younger than Rodgers.

I'm guessing Rodgers' HOF career is done.

Terrell Suggs was the exception to every achilles we see in football....here's to hoping Rodgers can pull a Suggs type recovery off

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was shocked and disappointed when this occurred. I wanted to see AR8 perform like he did in the playoffs for the green and gold the last 3 years. This is hard to swallow though. I need to find a loophole to blame the English somehow. Did Bill really have a AR8 voodoo doll? Reminds me of Mr. Hand on the Mr. Bill show from the SNL 70s.
Perform like he did in the playoffs for Green Bay the last 3 years? He didn’t perform very well. Especially in 4th quarters with the game on the line. (Actually I was kind of looking forward to seeing that replicate). But as has been pointed out Arrogant Rodgers knew better, held the ball too long, and now he’s broken. Stupid should be painful (it’s how we learn). At 39 you’d think…

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading between the lines is an art form I guess. Some people have it and others don't.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrell Suggs was the exception to every achilles we see in football....here's to hoping Rodgers can pull a Suggs type recovery off
I do hope he recovers and can still play at a high level, for the benefit of the game and the fans, not the person. IMO the chances of that happening are around 10%. Combination of age, prior injuries/scar tissue in the left calf, and just the severity of the injury suggest this is the end of the NFL road for AR.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not certain Rodgers will play again to be honest. It will all be about mindset. Will he have the drive to go through the painful rehab it takes. I went through it, blowing out an Achilles tendon when I was 41 years old. It was a painful road to getting full usage of the foot/ankle again, and here we are, over 40 years later, and it still bothers me, and I need to stretch it out carefully every day, to insure I don't damage it again. Even that can be painful at times.

Personally, I believe the journey is over for him. He may stick it out for the year, and try to get back next year, but I don't believe he's going to be 100% invested in the process. But, as I say, it's just my opinion.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not certain Rodgers will play again to be honest. It will all be about mindset. Will he have the drive to go through the painful rehab it takes. I went through it, blowing out an Achilles tendon when I was 41 years old. It was a painful road to getting full usage of the foot/ankle again, and here we are, over 40 years later, and it still bothers me, and I need to stretch it out carefully every day, to insure I don't damage it again. Even that can be painful at times.

Personally, I believe the journey is over for him. He may stick it out for the year, and try to get back next year, but I don't believe he's going to be 100% invested in the process. But, as I say, it's just my opinion.
Well you speak from experience. I used to run marathons and had a few bouts with Achilles tendinitis. It is nothing to mess with.

A rupture is probably the worst injury an athlete can have. The recovery is long and arduous. And for what? So he can play another season with big, fast guys chasing him.

Maybe he should have heeded his first inclination to retire. But his ego was too big to allow entry into the HOF with Tom Brady.

Arrogance and hubris did him in every bit as much as Leonard Floyd.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 or even 5 years ago, Rodgers gets out of that sack easily. He's not going to get any faster a year from now coming off this injury.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots knew what they were doing when they stole the OL the Jets were going to pick in the first round.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron has 75 million GUARANTEED reasons to stay and at least try to rehab.... will he be good when he comes back? who knows lol

Reaction score
I agree… however… the biggest difference I see is that 2nd round pick comes with no 5th year option. Not the end of the world, but it‘s certainly relevant.
That’s true. That said how many times do we end up using it? (We didn’t with Jordan)
I guess what I’m saying is it’s such a minor benefit these days. Players that are worth the 5th year $$ normally just hold out until they get market area $
The other guys who aren’t worth a 5th year we either send them packing or we overpay them (Savage). But yes on the face the 5th is wonderful it’s just a diminishing benefit imo. I’d trade that 5th year option for a 5th year compensatory selection that’s how I value it today

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
to my understanding... it is FULLY guaranteed, even with his injury...

The only thing that could change it is if he were to retire I think (?)
Thanks. That makes sense. All he has to do is show up to get paid.

I do think his playing days are over. If he knows that, then the right thing to do is retire. An interesting little moral dilemma for him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing how all the air came out of not just the Jets bubble, but most of the NFL on a seemingly routine sack.

By the end of the games this upcoming week, all talk of Rodgers and what could have been will start to disappear. The NFL, like all pro sports, is really all about "what have you done for me lately." The suddenness and severity of Rodgers injury put a lot of NFL followers and journalists in shock. They'll recover this weekend when, as we all know, life goes on.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why he did not throw the ball is beyond me. The guy coming from the left was open good. And Rodgers was looking right at him. Also, Rodgers must have known the block by the tackle was not meant to last long.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. I have a funny feeling that he is done. It's hard enough at his age to motivate himself to go through training camp etc. But with this injury, I just don't think he go for it again.

Members online

Latest posts