It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he seemingly take offense/inspiration at people/press talking/writing about typical recovery times from an achilles tear? That's how I read this. I guess it's how he motivates himself, by getting pissed off at phantom sleights.
Probably. The only thing I can think of that could even be imagined as a sleight would be saying that at 40, he's too old to be able to come back. Not many people like to be called old, plus he probably thinks it doesn't take into account how special he is.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How's that karma gonna feel when the Jets make the playoffs Rodgers comes back and they win the SB (while Rodgers plays less than 65% of their snaps)
I don’t think I’ll ever come remotely close to finding out LOL

Reaction score
This is purely my opinion. There are various levels of injury or tears. It just may be that this particular injury, while still obviously his Achilles, is not a worst case of all possible scenarios.
What I am happy about. At least he is not taking the victim approach. Aaron has a competitive spirit like many high echelon athletes. That same spirit may indeed have him suited up next season. That would not shock me and I’m absolutely thrilled for him. I want to beat him fair and square.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron has a competitive spirit like many high echelon athletes. That same spirit may indeed have him suited up next season. That would not shock me and I’m absolutely thrilled for him. I want to beat him fair and square.
Are we playing the Jets next year?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link to the site you're using to take bets on that situation? :)
Rodgers said he would keep the details of his "damn good rehab plan" close to the vest. I'm guessing he talked to that medical expert Joe Rogan and found out ivermectin is the fastest way to heal the Achilles. I'll bet on the over.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said he would keep the details of his "damn good rehab plan" close to the vest. I'm guessing he talked to that medical expert Joe Rogan and found out ivermectin is the fastest way to heal the Achilles. I'll bet on the over.

There’s ideas that some of the noises from the dolphins when they’re love-making, the frequency of that is actually healing to the body,” Rodgers said.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
There’s ideas that some of the noises from the dolphins when they’re love-making, the frequency of that is actually healing to the body,” Rodgers said.

This is what happens when you love your trainer too much.
Trainers: never get too close to the clients.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He'll probably never play again then, if he isn't going to do real rehab.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll probably never play again then, if he isn't going to do real rehab.
Does anyone know what his plan is for rehab? It wouldn't surprise me if he ignored his doctors and tried some South American shaman technique, or listening to the sounds of dolphins. I'm sure these things will magically go around nature and follow his will.

On that subject, it is true that an NFL QB has a different (shorter) full recovery time than an NBA player. An NBA player is constantly running and jumping, putting a lot of stress on the achilles. A 40 year old QB probably won't be running a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cleared to play in time for OTAs and TC next year.

But damn the guy is a head case.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what his plan is for rehab? It wouldn't surprise me if he ignored his doctors and tried some South American shaman technique, or listening to the sounds of dolphins. I'm sure these things will magically go around nature and follow his will.

On that subject, it is true that an NFL QB has a different (shorter) full recovery time than an NBA player. An NBA player is constantly running and jumping, putting a lot of stress on the achilles. A 40 year old QB probably won't be running a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he's cleared to play in time for OTAs and TC next year.

He had a special piece added to the tendon?

He also said he would listen to dolphins have sex

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His idiosyncrasies and bad habits got worse over the years. Like his refusal to throw again to someone who dropped a pass. Remember in SB XLV, on the TD drive in the 4th quarter where Jordy Nelson (who was not yet a star receiver at that point) dropped a wide open 2nd down pass over the middle? Then Rodgers went back to Jordy on 3rd down for a huge gain. We might not win the SB if Rodgers refused to throw to Jordy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His idiosyncrasies and bad habits got worse over the years. Like his refusal to throw again to someone who dropped a pass. Remember in SB XLV, on the TD drive in the 4th quarter where Jordy Nelson (who was not yet a star receiver at that point) dropped a wide open 2nd down pass over the middle? Then Rodgers went back to Jordy on 3rd down for a huge gain. We might not win the SB if Rodgers refused to throw to Jordy.
Good point. I really had hoped he'd play this year, just to see if his fear of INTs was still greater than his desire to win. And I agree, he only got truly strange since Love was drafted. He's got a pretty fragile ego, and the Packers did handle it badly.

Even so, over his career, his TD/INT ratio will stand like DiMaggio's consecutive game hitting streak. Unbreakable and a little unreal.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a special piece added to the tendon?

He also said he would listen to dolphins have sex

Yeah I heard about the dolphins. That's strange, even for Rodgers. Who knew he liked to watch - err, I mean listen.

And I wonder what he supposedly had added to the tendon. I hadn't heard about that. Maybe some ayahuasca hemp (if there is such a thing).

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...so what kind of drugs is Aaron on nowadays?

a lot of his comments the past few years have been...uhhh..... yeah lol

Reaction score
I’m laughing too hard to type…. Jets make the playoffs?.. *****.
We just need them to stay under .500 please! :whistling:
I know we’re officially out of Day1. But I’m really hoping they are picking in that top
10-16 range. I’d be totally fine with a #45 overall Jets bonus pick (13th in order). We’ve been pretty successful on Offense in Round 2 lately.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m laughing too hard to type…. Jets make the playoffs?.. *****.
Of course the Jets will make the playoffs. Didn't you read Zach's stat line against the Cowboys? 12 for 27, over 100 yards, with 1 TD and 3 INTs. They're in already. C'mon man. Oh and the fact they lost 30-10 to the Cowboys AND are sticking with Wilson, it's as sure a bet as you will find. They're just setting everyone up. They'll be 16-1 after the regular season. :roflmao:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...the Cowboys clearly have one of the top few defenses in the league. As do the Jets against moat other teams their defense will keep them in the game. Im not saying Zach Wilson doesnt suck he most certainly does. They might be better off with Tim Boyle

Reaction score
Of course the Jets will make the playoffs. Didn't you read Zach's stat line against the Cowboys? 12 for 27, over 100 yards, with 1 TD and 3 INTs. They're in already. C'mon man. Oh and the fact they lost 30-10 to the Cowboys AND are sticking with Wilson, it's as sure a bet as you will find. They're just setting everyone up. They'll be 16-1 after the regular season. :roflmao:
Now that you mention it. Keep Zach in and it’s possible we’re looking at a top 40-45 draft selection. I’m ok with that! :whistling:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok...the Cowboys clearly have one of the top few defenses in the league. As do the Jets against moat other teams their defense will keep them in the game. Im not saying Zach Wilson doesnt suck he most certainly does. They might be better off with Tim Boyle
I think the Jets would be better off with one of their cheerleaders at QB than Zach. And he looks kinda stupid with that bandana, not that it affects his performance. He just shouldn't call attention to himself.

How can such a high draft pick at QB go so terribly wrong? It does happen - Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell come to mind - but it's still a bit shocking.

Put in Tim Boyle. Or a cheerleader.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think the Jets would be better off with one of their cheerleaders at QB than Zach. And he looks kinda stupid with that bandana, not that it affects his performance. He just shouldn't call attention to himself.

How can such a high draft pick at QB go so terribly wrong? It does happen - Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell come to mind - but it's still a bit shocking.

Put in Tim Boyle. Or a cheerleader.
The Jets seemed to put most of their eggs in 1 basket, with the trade for Rodgers. It was a mistake not to upgrade their OL. Reminded me a bit of TT and Gute's failure to give Rodgers enough weapons at Receiver.

Of course, now, even with a Pro Bowl caliber OL, I doubt Zach Wilson would lead this team very far.