It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right about Coughlin and he was 5-1 vs BB career, which is SUPER impressive

I agree that coaching, ST, Defense and the TEAM in general make a difference in the final outcome

But at the end of the day, it's the players who *play* who make the difference

Although unreasonable, it's like saying if AR and the Pack scored a TD on EVERY possession in the NFCCG's do we advance to the Super Bowl all those years? Most likely yes

*Yes, an unreasonable ask, but you just gotta make it happen
"you just gotta make it happen" - words to live by. I'm serious, in my own career I seldom waited past a due date for somebody to deliver something I needed. You just find different ways to get **** done. And it's certainly true for a QB in the NFL, who arguably has more power over an outcome than any other player. Ok that's a bit of a stretch, but there is a reason these guys get paid the most.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly I can’t recall the exact stats but in the 4th quarter of his last 3 season ending losses COMBINED he was less than 50% completions for very few yards, zero touchdowns ONE interception and a QBR around 60(?). I wish we had gotten a Russel Wilson type haul a year earlier but I’m sooooooooo glad we at least got rid of him when we did. Anyone who compares him to Brady is simply being ridiculous. When the game was on the line he found a way to win - Rogers found a way to blame other people.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly I can’t recall the exact stats but in the 4th quarter of his last 3 season ending losses COMBINED he was less than 50% completions for very few yards, zero touchdowns ONE interception and a QBR around 60(?). I wish we had gotten a Russel Wilson type haul a year earlier but I’m sooooooooo glad we at least got rid of him when we did. Anyone who compares him to Brady is simply being ridiculous. When the game was on the line he found a way to win - Rogers found a way to blame other people.
Thanks for the stats. The only thing Rodgers does better than Brady is talk himself up. He's an arrogant jerk, a great QB and first ballot HOFer, but damn he just disappeared in crunch time, as your stats attest.

I'll miss the extraordinary level of his play. I won't miss his inability to take responsibility, to be a leader in name only.

(And really, wait for retirement before going to South America to drop acid. I don't ever recall recreational drugs being career enhancers.)

But he's going to rise again, well according to him. Comparing himself to Christ seems like an appropriate closing act for Rodgers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much hate in this thread, for a player that brought us a Super Bowl win and many winning seasons. I bet most posters here have a Rodgers jersey in their closet too. Makes me wonder a bit about the Green Bay fan base to be so bitter about a former player, who will be welcomed back for Aaron Rodgers Day at some point, who will likely have his name inscribed inside Lambeau Field alongside other Packer greats.

I bet a lot of these same posters were dismissing everything Greg Jennings said about him a few years back as sour grapes.

I get Rodgers has his flaws, but I don't get all the hate for a former player. I felt the same way about Favre, I never hated him, and he arguably did some worse things than Rodgers.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much hate in this thread, for a player that brought us a Super Bowl win and many winning seasons. I bet most posters here have a Rodgers jersey in their closet too. Makes me wonder a bit about the Green Bay fan base to be so bitter about a former player, who will be welcomed back for Aaron Rodgers Day at some point, who will likely have his name inscribed inside Lambeau Field alongside other Packer greats.

I bet a lot of these same posters were dismissing everything Greg Jennings said about him a few years back as sour grapes.

I get Rodgers has his flaws, but I don't get all the hate for a former player. I felt the same way about Favre, I never hated him, and he arguably did some worse things than Rodgers.
He is living rent-free in a lot of heads that’s for sure

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Never was on his bandwsgon EVER. Pegged him before he ever started his first regular season game, and trust me I have several Packer jersey’s but not his. I don’t hate the guy, he is what he is. Just kind of cool to see Karma kick in.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope you don't think that Packer fans are any different from other fanbases in this respect. Heck, I know a number of Patriots fans and they ALL hated TB after he left town. This is not a "unique to GB" phenomenon.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Rodgers seems to be taking offense to the experts talking about typical recovery timelines for Achilles injuries, and he said "anything's possible" when asked if he would return this season.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t hate the guy, he is what he is. Just kind of cool to see Karma kick in.
I guess, if being paid $75 million for sitting on your behind is considered karma.
Yeah, I know he has to go through a painful rehab, but still.

I hope you don't think that Packer fans are any different from other fanbases in this respect. Heck, I know a number of Patriots fans and they ALL hated TB after he left town. This is not a "unique to GB" phenomenon.
Actually I was hoping Green Bay fans would be better. Brady chose to leave NE, so I can see why there might be some backlash there, but it's hard to fault him for not wanting to put up with Belichick anymore, especially when the talent was no longer there.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I was hoping Green Bay fans would be better. Brady chose to leave NE, so I can see why there might be some backlash there, but it's hard to fault him for not wanting to put up with Belichick anymore, especially when the talent was no longer there.
And Rodgers chose to want to be traded to the Jets.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Rodgers seems to be taking offense to the experts talking about typical recovery timelines for Achilles injuries, and he said "anything's possible" when asked if he would return this season.

Seems like it would be emotionally draining to continually try to use any perceived slight to motivate you.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like it would be emotionally draining to continually try to use any perceived slight to motivate you.
The truly great athletes do it all the time. Michael Jordan did it. Michael Phelps did it and won over 20 gold medals. Hasn't worked that well for Rodgers, though.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The truly great athletes do it all the time. Michael Jordan did it. Michael Phelps did it and won over 20 gold medals. Hasn't worked that well for Rodgers, though.

And I think their over competitiveness took a heavy toll on their emotional well being.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

why does he need people to doubt him to prove anything? he should just be able to do it on his own

Reaction score
I understand your viewpoint and can respect it. I think the majority of people feel the same way.

Yet, where have the Giants been before and after their SB runs? Laughable. I am more proud to have watched my team win consistently and be in the mix for the playoffs most seasons, than to have the Packers throw in all of their chips for another SB that may or may not happen. Rodgers gave me a reason to feel ecstatic most weeks, and you can't say the same of Eli Manning.
I think a mixture is best. Maybe knock down a SB every 10-15 years or so and largely remain competitive in-between. It was
14 seasons between 96’ and 10’

If my math is correct the next interval is 2024. I’m good with that! :)

Reaction score
Not really. Rodgers became disgruntled when he perceived that Gute wasn't committed to keeping him, so it was really the Packers who wanted to move on from him.
That’s probably true. The age thing never wears well in GB. Added to that is Aaron very intentionally socked it to our Team by demanding league high instead of a 73% of market price type deal (See Jets restructure) It’s a double whammy and his whining ultimately became a fast ball for strike 3.

I mentioned several years ago that Rodgers should’ve taken a Brady type yearly but ask for longer term and higher guarantee (because that’s all that matters as we just found out with NY) I was answered by a certain poster (not you) that Brady never took any team friendly deals. Some others in here were defensive and said “why should he take a paycut would you?” type sentiment, likely not thinking through the total calculated risk/reward. Actually I would take a yearly pay decrease if the guaranteed was proper or I wouldn’t have mentioned it in the first place.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mentioned several years ago that Rodgers should’ve taken a Brady type yearly but ask for longer term and higher guarantee (because that’s all that matters as we just found out with NY) I was answered by a certain poster (not you) that Brady never took any team friendly deals.
I know to what and to whom you are referring. I always thought that if Rodgers was concerned about his legacy, he should have offered a deal so they could field a better team. With his name, he could make plenty of money in endorsements to make up for it. But maybe he didn't have much faith in them considering the kept spending draft capital on the defense, seemingly without any effect.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just how the guy is built. I don't think anyone wrote, or had time to write, any "sleights" against his recovery. There has been discussion about the typical recovery time, one year plus, and how difficult it is to rehab and overcome, especially for older athletes, from an achilles rupture. It took Kevin Durant over a year, and I'd argue BB is harder on the achilles tendon than football.

He always seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I don't ever recall seeing any of his family at a game. He's not alone. There are people who seem to take everything as a sleight. That's their problem. Life is too short to go around pissed off at everyone.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

why does he need people to doubt him to prove anything? he should just be able to do it on his own
Why would he seemingly take offense/inspiration at people talking about typical recovery times from an achilles tear? That's how I read this. Maybe it's how he motivates himself.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he seemingly take offense/inspiration at people/press talking/writing about typical recovery times from an achilles tear? That's how I read this. I guess it's how he motivates himself, by getting pissed off at phantom sleights.

This might just be his way to express anger over the injury, and that in another few weeks, no one will be talking much about Aaron Rodgers.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never was on his bandwsgon EVER. Pegged him before he ever started his first regular season game, and trust me I have several Packer jersey’s but not his. I don’t hate the guy, he is what he is. Just kind of cool to see Karma kick in.

How's that karma gonna feel when the Jets make the playoffs Rodgers comes back and they win the SB (while Rodgers plays less than 65% of their snaps)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How's that karma gonna feel when the Jets make the playoffs Rodgers comes back and they win the SB (while Rodgers plays less than 65% of their snaps)
Well yeah, sure. We all know how clutch Rodgers is during NFCCGs. I'm sure he'll be just as successful in the AFC. And he can add to his overflowing SB ring collection.

And what a brilliant strategy by the Jets. Get Rodgers to rupture his achilles tendon in game 1 so the Jets keep their 2024 1st round pick, and then heal him up in time for a glorious SB win.

Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks.

Nah I'm not. I respect and thanks Aaron for a lot of the things he did for us - and continued greatness, success, his regular seasons stats speak for themselves (lol), etc. I also can't blame Aaron in taking/following the money as I would do the same thing if I were him. So it's nothing personal.

I just see Aaron and Brett for what they were - they were playoff *chokers*, why can't some fans just admit it?

I still have Brett and Aaron's classic Packers jerseys, so it's not like I dislike them or am hateful or anything

I just see the reality, which is... 31 years and 3 Super Bowl appearances, 7 MVPs, tons of records and just 2 Super Bowl wins...2... Eli Manning has just as many which is laughable honestly lol

At the end of the day, regular season stats are nice, and they are both Top 15 all time easy...but it's Super Bowl wins

Eli Manning = 2 Super Bowl wins.... Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers = 2 Super Bowl wins combined

I'm not saying Eli is better obviously, but at the end of the day it comes down to Super Bowl wins honestly
So what you are saying is that both of the GB QBs head to head were better than Eli? I happen to agree with that. Too bad football isn't a one on one sport. That darn team thing seemed to always get in the way.

Members online

No members online now.