It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the wrong thread for this response (apologies to mods) but this trade has to be 4 draft picks. A 1, 4 and 6 in 2023, and a day 2 pick in 2024

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little off the compensation topic for a second, I have to bring up the comment he made about his legacy. Yes what he said is true, but to have the balls to out loud, say debatably he’s the greatest player in franchise history is a major reason he’s perceived the way he is. His ego was bigger than the team.

It goes back to not showing up to OTAs with a WR room full of rookies, to today say he’s not a victim then proceed to run off how he felt wronged by the franchise. That locker room needed him gone.

The mind set, the morale of that football team will improve greatly. Play should follow more than likely. The fear of making a simple mistake without having your “leader” whine, throw his hands in the air, look up to the sky like a spoiled little girl will be gone.

Jordan Love with how he’s improved the last year undoubtedly has the locker room fired up and rooting for him. They’ll fight for him. I just think that will be a fire lit under the team as they move forward.
I do not think we have the evidence to say Love has improved enough by just a handful of downs on the field. Like Rodgers in 2008 he will take his lumps and opponents will game plan for his inexperience along with his talent. And the team around him is not stocked with Pro Bowlers. Trying to win with defense and a running attack is necessary but not realistic. LaFleur will really have to prove himself as a coach.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The song "ding **** the witch is dead" keeps going through my mind. I have never had anything against the Jets but I hope they don`t win a damn thing in the near future until he retires completely. I thought I hated Favre but Rodgers is on a completely different level.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think we have the evidence to say Love has improved enough by just a handful of downs on the field. Like Rodgers in 2008 he will take his lumps and opponents will game plan for his inexperience along with his talent. And the team around him is not stocked with Pro Bowlers. Trying to win with defense and a running attack is necessary but not realistic. LaFleur will really have to prove himself as a coach.
There's certainly some truth to that but I do also have to think that the coaching staff and front office must've seen some improvement in Love to feel comfortable in moving on now. If we were convinced heading into the 2022 season that Love was ready to be our starter I doubt we'd have handed Rodgers the massive extension we did. And if we were convinced ahead of the 2023 season that Love *wasn't* ready to be our starter, then I doubt we'd have much interest in moving Rodgers. I'm sure it's not the only factor (and just being real: Gute and the FO are probably to some degree motivated to "prove" Love can do it) but I do think that there must've been some discernible improvement in Love to cause management to change course as they have over the last year. That's encouraging to me to be honest.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I hated Favre but Rodgers is on a completely different level.
Wow. I've never hated either one of them (still a fan of both), but my impression is that Favre was much more hated (for a time, at least). And while I didn't hate him, there were better reasons to be upset with him IMO - the waffling about retiring, the inappropriate cellphone pics, telling other teams how to beat the Packers, and worst of all, playing for the Vikings. And more recently, there's the volleyball incident. Rodgers just seems to have an annoying personality. Clearly, they both have big egos, but that shouldn't be a surprise.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. I've never hated either one of them (still a fan of both), but my impression is that Favre was much more hated (for a time, at least). And while I didn't hate him, there were better reasons to be upset with him IMO - the waffling about retiring, the inappropriate cellphone pics, telling other teams how to beat the Packers, and worst of all, playing for the Vikings. And more recently, there's the volleyball incident. Rodgers just seems to have an annoying personality. Clearly, they both have big egos, but that shouldn't be a surprise.
I was so sick of Favre's interceptions. And I am ready to move on now also.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What?????

You are talking about a team that literally had the defensive rookie of the year, offensive rookie of the year (Garret Wilson) AND defensive rookie of the year (Sauce Gardner) PLUS in the recent years drafted Jermaine Johnson and incredibly gifted but raw edge guy that started getting more and more snaps towards end of the year. Year before that they drafted Alijah Vera-Tucker who is quite possibly one of the most diverse OL in the game being able to play anywhere and played 100% of his rookie year snaps and injury is only reason he didn't last year.

Toss in the fact they added Breece Hall last year in the second to add to their 1,000 yard rusher rookie drafted in the fourth round the year earlier in Michael Carter.

Just those two drafts also have Elijah Moore in second - Max Mitchel who started as a rookie games on the OL in the fifth round last year...even Clemons a guy in the fourth last year saw decent return rookie year in his edge play role.

Arguably I think a case could easily be made that the NYJ the last two drafts have milked the absolute best results out of their picks than anyone else. The only apparent, at least early on, miss is Zach Wilson...but even he showed promise and threw for 4,000 yards his rookie year and I think a year or two behind Rodgers will actually do great things for him.
Maybe I am looking too far into the past, but this was pretty much trash!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Douglas (current GM) took over in 2019. Since then they have drafted very, very well IMO
They sure have. Probably why they don’t want to budge on that first rounder.
I have that feeling that Rodgers is just going to retire. And I am fine with that.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well, we have our 2023 QB in house. No rush on our part. Jets have Wilson. This is a game of chicken and the Jets aren't exactly in the driver's seat.
Unfortunately neither are the Packers.

Regardless of what some think, the Packers know that they cannot go into 2023 with both QB’s on the roster. To say it would be a volatile situation would be a massive understatement.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Because there is zero bidding war going on currently, the Jets know we aren't going to carry Aaron Rodgers as our backup QB onto the roster with a massive cap hit, and as you said, if we're really being ridiculous, the Jets can always kick the tires on Lamar if they figure they're going to have to give up a lot of draft capital anyway.

We don't have the Jets by the balls. They don't have us by the balls. No one benefits if this drags on forever. Something will get done soon, it will be reasonable, and probably disappointing to many.
How long is forever? The Packers can benefit if one more team shows interest. Right now I'd say that both teams are likely to have to bend a little. The Packers probably won't get that 1st rounder and the Jets may have to give us more picks than they want to in return.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately neither are the Packers.

Regardless of what some think, the Packers know that they cannot go into 2023 with both QB’s on the roster. To say it would be a volatile situation would be a massive understatement.
Probably not, but I think we are probably more comfortable right now with the idea of going into the season with both QBs on the roster than the Jets are with the idea of going into the season with Wilson as their QB1.

And time is on our side. We don't have to have things settled with Rodgers until the September 1st, but the Jets certainly are not going to want to go through their entire summer/offseason/preseason without having any clarity as to who will be their QB.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They sure have. Probably why they don’t want to budge on that first rounder.
I have that feeling that Rodgers is just going to retire. And I am fine with that.

There's a zero percent chance AR is walking away from $60 million. I don't care what he said about being 90% sure he wanted to retire. Bull excrement. What's he going to do, spend more time with his family? :roflmao:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was so sick of Favre's interceptions. And I am ready to move on now also.
Good point, I forgot to mention his interceptions. As for Rodgers, I'm fine with the Packers moving on if they think it's best for the team. I was fine with moving on from Favre. Doesn't mean I hate either one of them.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order for the Packers to have all the leverage they have to be willing to bring AR back into the fold. Because if they don't trade AR and he doesn't retire they are stuck. But Murphy has already indicated the Packers don't want him back.
Then fire that ******* Murphy.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a zero percent chance AR is walking away from $60 million. I don't care what he said about being 90% sure he wanted to retire. Bull excrement. What's he going to do, spend more time with his family? :roflmao:
Agreed 100%, and even if the money is no factor, there's a zero percent chance that Aaron Rodgers is going to let the Packers dictate his retirement decision. He'll play chicken with us instead if it comes down to it.

Members online

Latest posts