It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in the trade thread. Give up AR, pick# 15 and a 7th rounder. Get #13 plus 2023 2nd and 3rd rounders. No financial help from GB. Jets take on all of it.

D

Deleted member 6794

ACTUALLY Aaron spoke that he felt he wasn't coming back well before Mark Murphy said a word. My source - Aaron himself today.

The problem was that Murphy announced it publicly that the Packers don't want Rodgers back before a deal with the Jets was in place.

The entire management team has indicated for some time they wanted to move on, this past year was the final nail to make that happen.

Gutekunst actually indicated that they want Rodgers back in his season ending press conference. It seems he was the one lying.

They have a QB in his 4th year with little to show for those years, a 5th year option at $20+Million staring at them and an offense that is suspect at every position.

I don't agree the offense is suspect at every position. They're set at running back ;)

We hold all the cards. We still have Rodgers under contract for one more year. If the Jets dont wanna give up their picks we will be fine with Rodgers riding the bench.

The Packers would have to pay Rodgers $60 million to sit on the bench. They don't hold all the cards.

However, because they can save $25M in dead money by making the trade later instead of now plus they already know who their starting QB is gonna be, the Packers aren't desperate at this point in time

First of all I highly doubt the Jets are interested in waiting until after June 1 to trade for Rodgers. In addition, while the Packers would save $24.5 million of cap space for the 2023 season that amount would result in dead money counting against their cap in '24. Overall, they don't save a cent by making the move later.

That locker room needed him gone.

Rasul Douglas and Aaron Jones definitely disagree with your take.

The Raiders are cash-strapped plus it appears that McDaniels has rubbed most of the vets on the team the wrong way with how the Carr situation went down...I highly doubt if NYJ offers them that package they don't take it and use the cap to go ahead and give Jacobs a long-term deal.

The Raiders would take an additional cap hit of $16.66 million for this season by trading Adams. Not gonna happen.

Not to mention the financial hell they’d be in since they’d be on the hook with a portion of ARod and Taes ridiculous contracts.

Actually Adams and Rodgers would only count a combined $22.6 million towards the Jets' cap in 2023.

It was announced Hackett was going to the Jets back on Jan 26. How can Rodgers say he wishes the Packers were up front with him. This has been in the works for a long time.

The Jets hiring Hackett as an offensive coordinator wasn't any evidence for the Packers wanting to move on from Rodgers. Otherwise he would have been a Broncos last year.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get a guaranteed 2nd in 2023, and a conditional pick that has a very reasonable chance of becoming a 1st (something like the Jets making the playoffs), consider that a huge win, because it would be.

#13 overall has no chance of happening. Unless it's just a swap of #13 and #15.
You don’t think the Jets are hungry? They have had one winning season in the last 12 years. Yesterdays little nugget has the Jets fans salivating. The longer this takes the more rabid they will become. A lot has changed since the Favre situation. The world has changed.
We shall see, like one guy mentioned, the 13th pick isn’t like a top 5. Looking at the Jets past drafts and all their failures at drafting in the top ten, you would think that they would budge a little.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the Jets past drafts and all their failures at drafting in the top ten, you would think that they would budge a little.
They "won" the 1st round last year, in my mind... Joe Douglas their GM appears to know what he's doing with 1st rounders.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in the trade thread. Give up AR, pick# 15 and a 7th rounder. Get #13 plus 2023 2nd and 3rd rounders. No financial help from GB. Jets take on all of it.
And I think this is what is holding this up. How much are the Packers willing to pony up in money. The more they pay, the better the compensation. Could that be with what they are trying to do by clearing all that cap space?

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They "won" the 1st round last year, in my mind... Joe Douglas their GM appears to know what he's doing with 1st rounders.
They did have a long overdue awesome draft. I remember seeing that haul and thinking, “what a wealth of riches.”
And we really haven’t seen what that kid from Florida State can do.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the Jets past drafts and all their failures at drafting in the top ten, you would think that they would budge a little.

What?????

You are talking about a team that literally had the defensive rookie of the year, offensive rookie of the year (Garret Wilson) AND defensive rookie of the year (Sauce Gardner) PLUS in the recent years drafted Jermaine Johnson and incredibly gifted but raw edge guy that started getting more and more snaps towards end of the year. Year before that they drafted Alijah Vera-Tucker who is quite possibly one of the most diverse OL in the game being able to play anywhere and played 100% of his rookie year snaps and injury is only reason he didn't last year.

Toss in the fact they added Breece Hall last year in the second to add to their 1,000 yard rusher rookie drafted in the fourth round the year earlier in Michael Carter.

Just those two drafts also have Elijah Moore in second - Max Mitchel who started as a rookie games on the OL in the fifth round last year...even Clemons a guy in the fourth last year saw decent return rookie year in his edge play role.

Arguably I think a case could easily be made that the NYJ the last two drafts have milked the absolute best results out of their picks than anyone else. The only apparent, at least early on, miss is Zach Wilson...but even he showed promise and threw for 4,000 yards his rookie year and I think a year or two behind Rodgers will actually do great things for him.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
offensive rookie of the year (Garret Wilson)

Toss in the fact they added Breece Hall
And IMO you could make a pretty strong case that Hall was on track for OROY, or at least to be one of the top contenders before his injury. IIRC he was the betting favorite for it up till he got hurt. They have been doing great recently in the draft IMO

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And IMO you could make a pretty strong case that Hall was on track for OROY, or at least to be one of the top contenders before his injury. IIRC he was the betting favorite for it up till he got hurt. They have been doing great recently in the draft IMO

Honestly to use baseball terms:

Last year they hit Grand Slam Homeruns on Sauce and Wilson / Home Run it appears on Breece / a double with Max Mitchell and easily a single with Clemons worse case.
The year before they took a base on balls with Zach Wilson and the baserunner is still pending if he advances (LOL), a HOME RUN on Alijah Vera Tucker and a stinking home run relative to round IMO on Michael Carter RB.

This is all also forgetting their 2019 draft where oh I don't know they nailed it with Quinnen Williams....and Mekhi still appears to be at worst a starting Tackle at one side or the other when healthy.

Just massive returns quickly.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, folks throwing shots at Murphy simply have to choose ignorance to not think all sides knew at that time and Murphy wasn’t being crappy or anything to Rodgers.
You also have a subset of people who make a point of carping on top management of any organization including the Packers any chance they get. That's just who they are. Loud mouth carnival barkers with no stake in the decision making process.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
IMO, any deal must include the #13.
I think that is a short sighted viewpoint to have. I suspect both sides are going to eventually have to come off their optimal expectations in order to make this happen before draft day.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
If we get a guaranteed 2nd in 2023, and a conditional pick that has a very reasonable chance of becoming a 1st (something like the Jets making the playoffs), consider that a huge win, because it would be.

#13 overall has no chance of happening. Unless it's just a swap of #13 and #15.

I agree that the Jets giving up this years 1st is wishful thinking but I like the idea of a swap of 1st round picks, the Jets #43 and conditional picks in 2024 & 2025

Reaction score
Festivus is coming earlier each year. Aaron was already in the airing of the grievance stage. Maybe if he would have restructured his contract or lessened his demands we could have had a better receiver or two? Maybe we could have afforded to keep Adams? We'll never know. I just wish the Pack would have cut ties a year ago. I said it then, that was dumb.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What?????

You are talking about a team that literally had the defensive rookie of the year, offensive rookie of the year (Garret Wilson) AND defensive rookie of the year (Sauce Gardner) PLUS in the recent years drafted Jermaine Johnson and incredibly gifted but raw edge guy that started getting more and more snaps towards end of the year. Year before that they drafted Alijah Vera-Tucker who is quite possibly one of the most diverse OL in the game being able to play anywhere and played 100% of his rookie year snaps and injury is only reason he didn't last year.

Toss in the fact they added Breece Hall last year in the second to add to their 1,000 yard rusher rookie drafted in the fourth round the year earlier in Michael Carter.

Just those two drafts also have Elijah Moore in second - Max Mitchel who started as a rookie games on the OL in the fifth round last year...even Clemons a guy in the fourth last year saw decent return rookie year in his edge play role.

Arguably I think a case could easily be made that the NYJ the last two drafts have milked the absolute best results out of their picks than anyone else. The only apparent, at least early on, miss is Zach Wilson...but even he showed promise and threw for 4,000 yards his rookie year and I think a year or two behind Rodgers will actually do great things for him.
Yeah I was perplexed too.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is a short sighted viewpoint to have. I suspect both sides are going to eventually have to come off their optimal expectations in order to make this happen before draft day.
Hey, the Jets are more than welcome to keep their wagon hitched to Zach Wilson. The only way I would accept a deal that doesn't include #13 is if they included a young player who could immediately and significantly upgrade an existing starting position. A Pro Bowl caliber player.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, the Jets are more than welcome to keep their wagon hitched to Zach Wilson. The only way I would accept a deal that doesn't include #13 is if they included a young player who could immediately and significantly upgrade an existing starting position. A Pro Bowl caliber player.

And they can laugh and say have fun paying Aaron to not be on your team and get nothing...

[Jets pick up phone] (dialing numbers) "Hey Lamar, welcome to the Jets because you sir are getting paid and going to lead us to a Super Bowl."

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They certainly did. How often does a team draft the Offensive Rookie of the Year and Defensive Rookie of the Year in the first round of the same draft?

Joe Douglas had nothing to do with the previous poor drafts for the Jets.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they can laugh and say have fun paying Aaron to not be on your team and get nothing...

Sure, they could, but they won't. If the Packers play hardball and the trade doesn't happen, do you really think Rodgers will come back here? By all indications, his thoughts have been to either go to the Jets or retire. That's petty much what he told his buddy on his podcast yesterday. And he's more than welcome to retire.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, they could, but they won't. If the Packers play hardball and the trade doesn't happen, do you really think Rodgers will come back here? By all indications, his thoughts have been to either go to the Jets or retire. That's petty much what he told his buddy on his podcast yesterday. And he's more than welcome to retire.

Him coming back doesn't matter - we still pay him.

No, Rodgers would not come back at this point. If Jets trade doesn't happen, most likely he would retire.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m no cap expert either but I’m not sure they could realistically afford Lamar, unless he takes a pretty massive step down from his current demands.

And they’ve more or less primed their fans for Rodgers or Bust, so I don’t see them tucking tail and going back to Wilson or trading for Tannehill or whoever.

Reaction score
Also. Did anyone notice that all these reports of a Jets n Packers deal being consummated and we were just waiting on Rodgers to decide was a total hoax? That was possibly the biggest piece of misinformation spread yet.

Also this business of GB getting a 3rd Rounder? That’s a joke! Very telling. Us fans must really want to get rid of our QB bad to take a top 80 selection! :laugh: