It’s now OFFICIAL!!! Rodgers has been traded to the Jets.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely...if they can't get a first rounder they should be gone. They have mishandled Rodgers and deserve some of the blame.

So wait, because the Jets refuse to give a first, two people who have zero control to force the use of another teams picks should be fired??

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely...if they can't get a first rounder they should be gone. They have mishandled Rodgers and deserve some of the blame.
No, they shouldn't. The market determines value. He's old. He's not the player he once was. Yes, they should demand a first rounder, but if they can't get it, it has no bearing on anyone else's job.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how the Packers and Jets didn't have a good framework of the trade BEFORE the Jets talked to Rodgers. I listen to Michael Lombardi's podcast weekly and he assumed they already had the framework agreed upon. He dropped another podcast yesterday (that I haven't listened to yet) and I guarantee he's going to lose his s*** over the lack of agreement for compensation between the Packers and Jets before Woody and the gang flew out to California to woo Aaron.

Lombardi is no fan of Mark Murphy by the way...
Of course frame work is in place. Word is it was SB time.

Reaction score
I’m not portraying I know the exact reasons for us holding out. However one thought that came to mind is that if the draft selections offered are minimal? GB might be resolved to eating more of Rodgers money and trading him for more draft capital later instead of taking peanuts now.

If GB gets stuck with more money, that = the partner Tradee team NOT getting stuck with nearly as much $$ and that means likely signing Rodgers to a more modest yearly for a partner in the near future. Then in a scenario where a good team has a QB go down? That wounded team will be a major candidate to trade a future Day 1 or equivalent. No it’s not the perfect scenario, but it’s 1 sorta worst case option.

The other is Rodgers gets fed up and retires. Ok. So we wash his $$ in 2023 and lose that Jets 3rd Rounder or whatnot? I’m ok with that it’s peanuts kinda capital and I’m not scared at all. We’re taking a step back in 2023 like it or not and if we’re going to gamble we’ve got 1 year on our side and his total guaranteed next season is less than this one.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I think if it doesn’t get done by next Saturday I truly think we are heading towards a within 48 hours of draft or day of trade.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, they shouldn't. The market determines value. He's old. He's not the player he once was. Yes, they should demand a first rounder, but if they can't get it, it has no bearing on anyone else's job.
I've mentioned it before, if #13 is definitely UNtouchable (in the Jet's mind) then Gute should say "Fine, keep your #13, but then we want your #'s: 43, 74, 112 & #145, in addition to conditional next year's 2nd rounder (which moves to a 1st if AR leads them to '23 playoffs, or falls to a 3rd rounder if AR up and retires after '23)."

I, too, am wondering how the Packers AND Jets let this trade/wooing of AR progress to this point without 90% of the parameters worked out. Would seem that pick #13 should've been addressed first, before the NY contingent even talked to AR.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A post June 1st trade is still something I think is a lot more possible than folks think…Jets would love it, gives them full draft capital this year only steals players and next year capital.

Say they do sign Cobb…and have the whole draft class…

I could see a post June trade giving us Elijah Moore and another plus a future 1st and change…

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've mentioned it before, if #13 is definitely UNtouchable (in the Jet's mind) then Gute should say "Fine, keep your #13, but then we want your #'s: 43, 74, 112 & #145, in addition to conditional next year's 2nd rounder (which moves to a 1st if AR leads them to '23 playoffs, or falls to a 3rd rounder if AR up and retires after '23)."

I, too, am wondering how the Packers AND Jets let this trade/wooing of AR progress to this point without 90% of the parameters worked out. Would seem that pick #13 should've been addressed first, before the NY contingent even talked to AR.

I’m sorry but giving up essentiall there whole 2023 draft but keeping the lone first is even worse for them; Jets would be so incredibly stupid

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I still say the line is drawn specifically at the #13. Although they could be at odds on who picks up most of Rodgers’ cap tab as well.

The Packers definitely know that #13 is as good they will get from the Jets. Or that’s at least the way they should be thinking.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course frame work is in place. Word is it was SB time.

You have an odd definition of the word "framework." Not being in agreement as to the most valuable draft pick that could be included in the trade is not a framework.

Unless one team or the other went back on what they previously agreed to as part of the "framework" with respect to the Jets #13 overall pick.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to know how the Packers and Jets didn't have a good framework of the trade BEFORE the Jets talked to Rodgers. I listen to Michael Lombardi's podcast weekly and he assumed they already had the framework agreed upon. He dropped another podcast yesterday (that I haven't listened to yet) and I guarantee he's going to lose his s*** over the lack of agreement for compensation between the Packers and Jets before Woody and the gang flew out to California to woo Aaron.

Lombardi is no fan of Mark Murphy by the way...

Surprisingly Lombardi did not rant about not having compensation agreed to ahead of time.

But he did note that both the Packers and Jets think they have the leverage. Packers know the Jets need Rodgers to make a playoff run and have no other viable options. Jets know the Packers can't (or won't) take Rodgers back so they have to trade him and the Packers have no other suitors than the Jets.

So we have a standoff that is not likely to be resolved soon.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score

I agree. I’m not trying to be mean to Brian, but these are Rookie GM mistakes imo should’ve been addressed that we were looking for their #13 plus some misc negotiable picks. If they gave the nod then ok, meet with him. Even us fans figured that had already happened it’s common sense. We know it as
“laying the groundwork”

To be fair the Betty Rodgers and the Jets FO got a little excitable at the idea and partook in jumping the gun also. It’s a forgivable offense but it will cost another 3rd Rounder! :cool:

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You have an odd definition of the word "framework." Not being in agreement as to the most valuable draft pick that could be included in the trade is not a framework.

Unless one team or the other went back on what they previously agreed to as part of the "framework" with respect to the Jets #13 overall pick.
Framework. A house has frame work then the walls are added.

Now for me? They agreed to a trade and probably have a min pick swap included. That to me is frame work. If you disagree, that's OK. But it's my definition of frame work in this case.

Or by more definition

What is the meaning of frameworks?

a supporting structure around which something can be built

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

So your sure it's not at 90 percent? What if it just won't happen till the draft? Maybe both sides are trying to get trade partners for 13 and 15?

Might be all sort of reasons. I highly doubt it's cuz Gute is an idiot, or Jets are digging heels, or need sky to turn black.

I think everyone is over thinking..Its probably a very simple reason it isnt done yet.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So your sure it's not at 90 percent? What if it just won't happen till the draft? Maybe both sides are trying to get trade partners for 13 and 15?
Nope, not so sure of anything with this situation, just going off of media "reports" like everyone else.

What does trading #13 and/or #15 have to do with GB trading AR to NYJ?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A post June 1st trade is still something I think is a lot more possible than folks think…Jets would love it, gives them full draft capital this year only steals players and next year capital.

Say they do sign Cobb…and have the whole draft class…

I could see a post June trade giving us Elijah Moore and another plus a future 1st and change…

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And because the Jets see it as more favorable to them perhaps we could work that in OUR favor. Go post June 1, take Mims, next years 1st and a couple other picks. Maybe a 3rd rounder this year. Maybe Rodgers goes to the Super Bowl and next years 1st is #32 - so be it. More likely imo it’s 25-ish or better. People say “that’s a second round pick” - no - it’s not

Reaction score
I think it’s laughable all the excuses that a small % of Jets supporters are using to insist Rodgers isn’t worth a #13 overall.

One common one is: that’s what Favre got a 3rd. One even tried to say he was a near perfect equivalent on Stephen A recently.
Now I’d like to present you guys and gals with 2 Choices at QB and you play GM

QB1 over the last 3 season has:
64 TD’s
62 INT’s
79% Passer rating

QB2 over the last 3 seasons has:
111 TD’s
22 INT’s
107% Passer rating

You consider your team in a
“Win Now” scenario. You get your choice of these two options.

QB1 will cost you in draft collateral:
The pick turns into a third-rounder if QB1 plays 50 percent of snaps, a second-rounder if he plays 70 percent of snaps and a first-rounder if he plays 80 percent of snaps and you make the Super Bowl.

QB2 will cost you Draft collateral
The pick is a 2023 Mid-First Rounder,
plus a future conditional 2024
1st rounder if you win the SB (#32)
a 2nd Rounder if you win a playoff game or 3rd Rounder if you have a winning record

Pick one and make it snappy fans heard rumors and are getting itchy

Last edited:

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Florio says the Jets have the leverage. AR isn't needed in NY until after the draft anyway since he already knows the system. The Jets can wait until they've made all their picks in 2023 and offer the Packers draft picks from 2024 and 2025, when they presumably will have lower draft picks due to a better team anyway. I have a feeling Murphy and Gute are going to get worked.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it’s laughable all the excuses that a small % of Jets supporters are using to insist Rodgers isn’t worth a #13 overall.

One common one is: that’s what Favre got a 3rd. One even tried to say he was a near perfect equivalent on Stephen A recently.
Now I’d like to present you guys and gals with 2 Choices at QB and you play GM

QB1 over the last 3 season has:
64 TD’s
62 INT’s
79% Passer rating

QB2 over the last 3 seasons has:
111 TD’s
22 INT’s
107% Passer rating

You consider your team in a
“Win Now” scenario. You get your choice of these two options.

QB1 will cost you in draft collateral:
The pick turns into a third-rounder if QB1 plays 50 percent of snaps, a second-rounder if he plays 70 percent of snaps and a first-rounder if he plays 80 percent of snaps and you make the Super Bowl.

QB2 will cost you Draft collateral
The pick is a 2023 Mid-First Rounder,
plus a future conditional 2024
1st rounder if you win the SB (#32)
a 2nd Rounder if you win a playoff game or 3rd Rounder if you have a winning record

Pick one and make it snappy fans heard rumors and are getting itchy
Sometimes I wish we were making this deal with the Raiders. They have a knack for giving away the bank.

Members online

Latest posts