Is Conflict...Good?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
So he says 99% of the bickering between Rodgers and McCarthy are due to Adams and then gives us one example. BTW, it's not like this is a new phenomena: Sideline blowups between the two happened in 2012 and 2013 - before Adams was drafted.

OP
OP
JP Doyal

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
So he says 99% of the bickering between Rodgers and McCarthy are due to Adams and then gives us one example. BTW, it's not like this is a new phenomena: Sideline blowups between the two happened in 2012 and 2013 - before Adams was drafted.

Yeah I wasn't too interested in his Stats...Just curious if anybody else saw that to know if it was true. I didn't see it.
That article is a good read as well.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw it but it's similar to many other ones. If I were Aaron Rodgers, I'd be pretty pissy and angered at the way my teammates were performing this season.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess so. I worry he has become exactly what Favre became... a guy who thought he was bigger than the team. I knows he's frustrated but he's I don't like what he's turning into.
I know we expect different out of a franchise QB, but he's working with people that aren't close to his talent level or have his work ethic, and a coach who should be drawing in kid's coloring books instead of drawing up plays. That has to be infuriating for anybody in any job.

He isn't being utilized because he isn't surrounded by the right guys. They've made it work with them so far, but we all know he could be so much more. His 2011 stats should be the norm for a guy that good.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I know we expect different out of a franchise QB, but he's working with people that aren't close to his talent level or have his work ethic, and a coach who should be drawing in kid's coloring books instead of drawing up plays. That has to be infuriating for anybody in any job.

He isn't being utilized because he isn't surrounded by the right guys. They've made it work with them so far, but we all know he could be so much more. His 2011 stats should be the norm for a guy that good.
So how did this "coloring book coach" do in every season except this one? How do you explain McCarthy's success running the offense? It's obviously not just Rodgers, is it? Also, what excuse would you like to provide Rodgers when he has time in the pocket or rolls out and misses open receivers or ignores open receivers on shorter routes? You post as if he's perfect. He's damn good, historically good, but he's not perfect and he, along with the OL, the receivers, and coaching staff is part of the problem with the offense this season.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The answer to the thread heading is...no. Finger pointing has an unstated negativity. It does affect all parties. Adams is still learning the offense. James Jones should be helping him more as a veteran. The WR coach doesn't seem to exist. McCarthy should have hired an outside OC instead of one of his cronies to do that job. Lots of correctable problems here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how did this "coloring book coach" do in every season except this one? How do you explain McCarthy's success running the offense? It's obviously not just Rodgers, is it? Also, what excuse would you like to provide Rodgers when he has time in the pocket or rolls out and misses open receivers or ignores open receivers on shorter routes? You post as if he's perfect. He's damn good, historically good, but he's not perfect and he, along with the OL, the receivers, and coaching staff is part of the problem with the offense this season.

It's when the pendulum swings too far in either direction that things go off the rails. "We're the greatest and we're gonna crush everybody 50-0', along with 'We stink, fire TT and MM and cut /trade everybody" are equally bad and annoying. The Packers performing well below expectations this season isn't any one thing; it's a combination of negative factors all working at once that has been so difficult for the team to overcome this season.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a light-hearted joke. But does his success have much to do with having one of the best QBs in league history? Yes. We both saw some of the uninspired, borderline stupid play designs that honestly have made me more concerned than once before.

Latest posts