Is anyone actually afraid of the Vikings?

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagree..with out Cook the Def game plan was to stop Cousins..

Cook is something like number 3 in total yards from scrimmage...him back in there changes the whole game plan

The Def still could have had a great game but it wouldn't have been as easy.

There's no doubt that Cook presents an upgrade over Boone and Abdullah but I truly believe he wouldn't have made a difference on Monday with the way the Packers defense dominated the LOS.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There's no doubt that Cook presents an upgrade over Boone and Abdullah but I truly believe he wouldn't have made a difference on Monday with the way the Packers defense dominated the LOS.
I think still a win, but as I said..not as easy.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have luck going for them which is tough to beat. Their defense hss stayed healthy and injuries to Cook and Thielen didn't take long to go away. Unfortunately, it seems the refs just love them. Rudolf got away with a blatant OPI in OT with absolutely no review.
As much as I hate to admit it, I don't expect their luck to run out.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings have luck going for them which is tough to beat. Their defense hss stayed healthy and injuries to Cook and Thielen didn't take long to go away. Unfortunately, it seems the refs just love them. Rudolf got away with a blatant OPI in OT with absolutely no review.
As much as I hate to admit it, I don't expect their luck to run out.
That is a biased stretch. If that is what you call blatant... and truly expected a flag in that situation... you must be going crazy on pretty much every play in every game.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a biased stretch. If that is what you call blatant... and truly expected a flag in that situation... you must be going crazy on pretty much every play in every game.
I agree, imo BOTH players were holding on to one another. I like how the media is ignoring the fact that the defender was holding to his arm. Rudolph had to push him off I think otherwise it could've been called for holding or DPI.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are honestly a well balanced and talented team ...

But they have Cutler.... I mean Cousins at quarterback

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are honestly a well balanced and talented team ...

But they have Cutler.... I mean Cousins at quarterback

To say Cousins is Cutler is hilariously misguided.

That said they went and beat the Saints at their house...I'd love to see the Vikings do the same to the 49ers...despite it being tough to beat a team 3 times I like our chances versus the Vikings than 49ers at home, away or neutral.

Champagne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever outcomes that keep the Packers playing at home until the Superbowl is obviously what the coaches and players prefer.

Another obvious point: most of the games during the Divisional Round are tough and close games. The NFL prefers parity rather than blow-outs, especially at this point in the season. It's product has more value when it's exciting and blow-outs are boring. The rest of these games, I predict, will all be close games.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The 9ers have been lucky to an extent also. So this will be a battle of who eats the most Lucky Charms.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 9ers have been lucky to an extent also. So this will be a battle of who eats the most Lucky Charms.

While our game vs the Seahawks is clearly just two 6-10 teams hiding behind better records battling it out for the loser's bowl...

...sorry I've been reading too many "Packer" fan opinions again.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that the Packers are playing with "house money" right now.

Even BEFORE the season, we knew we would need an upgrade at ILB, especially someone fast and who can cover, and someone to replace/step up for Mike Daniels. To help stop the run at the DL.

Those are still fairly HUGE problems for us

But otherwise, our D looks good for the first time in I would say 5 years or so at least. We have a defense where I feel "comfortable" at least to hold a lead.

But we all knew our Offense would be a work in progress with a bare thing WR corp behind Adams, no TE recieving threats, and a new offensive scheme and playbook.

That said, I think that the team is progressing nicely and MLF has done a great job, outside of the CA games, in adjusting in game

I think the Vikings and 49ers are the OPPOSITE of us with LOADED teams with a deep entrenched coaching regimen and systems in place. You can argue about whether Garapolo could handle a full season, but that's about it. But those are teams where it's like I feel they're at their "max" potential all things considered.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jimmy G has played what, 1.5 seasons, young good d line, they are far from their max. They are on the brink of a several year run at Super bowls.

D

Deleted member 6794

Even BEFORE the season, we knew we would need an upgrade at ILB, especially someone fast and who can cover, and someone to replace/step up for Mike Daniels. To help stop the run at the DL.

Those are still fairly HUGE problems for us

The Packers defensive line and their run defense up the middle is fine as long as Clark is healthy. Unfortunately he missed yesterday's practice with a back issue.

Members online

Latest posts