Is anyone actually afraid of the Vikings?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Vikings have the ability to beat the Packers at US Bank Stadium. We should be afraid of them until the 60 minute clock runs out on that game.
Or take over at the 2:00 mark with a two TD lead
Mad? Who's mad. Just pointing out that Cousins isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be in prime time games.
Care to retract this?

They clearly have the talent to shred Pettine's checkers defensive scheme
See previous quote

The Eagles might end up winning the NFC East.
Prescient.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As bad as the Vikings looked on Monday night, they are still a very dangerous team in the playoffs with Dalvin Cook. How would the Packers look without Aaron Jones or Jamal Williams? Their defense is forcing turnovers. I sure hope the Packers beat the Lions so the Vikings have to go to NO. Facing Drew Brees at home os a rall order.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are a good team, any team that looks to be making the playoffs is someone you have to show up and play well against. We do, I like our chances against all of them. Every single one has a better than Lloyd Christmas chance at victory over another. I think Dallas and Philly are probably by far the weakest teams across the board, but you don't play well, and they'll beat you. We found that out. Though I think we'd win by double digits this time around

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Mad? Who's mad. Just pointing out that Cousins isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be in prime time games.

Care to retract this?

Nope. One game doesn't make him a bad player in all the other games. His numbers for Monday night games are actually pretty good. And while it didn't do well the other night, are you going to slam Rodgers for his game against the Niners claiming he can't do it because of one game? Most of Cousins Monday night games have been lost not by him, but by his defense. But then that doesn't fit the media narrative.

Tell me, what happens if the Vikings come to Lambeau in the Playoffs and beat the Packers? Will Cousins get any credit? I doubt it.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. One game doesn't make him a bad player in all the other games. His numbers for Monday night games are actually pretty good. And while it didn't do well the other night, are you going to slam Rodgers for his game against the Niners claiming he can't do it because of one game? Most of Cousins Monday night games have been lost not by him, but by his defense. But then that doesn't fit the media narrative.

Tell me, what happens if the Vikings come to Lambeau in the Playoffs and beat the Packers? Will Cousins get any credit? I doubt it.

No. Your offense revolves around Cook. We were lucky he didn't play but Cousins is not the type of QB who can carry a team. But even still, unless your OL plays better your team is going to have problems winning in the post season even if Cook is back.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
No. Your offense revolves around Cook. We were lucky he didn't play but Cousins is not the type of QB who can carry a team. But even still, unless your OL plays better your team is going to have problems winning in the post season even if Cook is back.
I agree. Cook and or Mattison need to be playing. The Packers just didn't respect the Vikings run game and the Vikings O-line didn't do enough for the run game. The O-line has been an issue for the last few years. If they ever get that up to a reasonable level we might just make it. Everyone wants to blame Cousins, and while he didn't play great, the Packers D was in the backfield on almost every play.

As to the Packers. I see a problem with their offense in the postseason. They have Adams and Jones. And no one else seems to be able or willing to step up. IF a team takes Adams out of play, Jones won't be enough. Packers need another offensive weapon or it's going to be a short post-season for them.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF a team takes Adams out of play, Jones won't be enough. Packers need another offensive weapon or it's going to be a short post-season for them.

Actually, our highest scoring games of the season vs Dallas, Oakland, and KC all came without Adams, so this theory has a hole in it. While Davante may be our best receiver, he also can be a block on the offense's full capabilities sometimes. Why is that? I don't know, but Adams going down could actually help the offense if what was seen there holds true. Do I wish for that? No, but those wins I pointed to are still evidence enough that Adams is not the sole generator of offense here.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, our highest scoring games of the season vs Dallas, Oakland, and KC all came without Adams, so this theory has a hole in it. While Davante may be our best receiver, he also can be a block on the offense's full capabilities sometimes. Why is that? I don't know, but Adams going down could actually help the offense if what was seen there holds true. Do I wish for that? No, but those wins I pointed to are still evidence enough that Adams is not the sole generator of offense here.
The better defenses can hurt us with no Adams since they do not feel threatened. But a coach like Bellichick always tries to take away your biggest weapon. So you need other weapons to beat him as we did in 2014. We were without Adams on that final tell tale drive against Philly. Maybe if he is still there we score and possibly win in OT.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The better defenses can hurt us with no Adams since they do not feel threatened. But a coach like Bellichick always tries to take away your biggest weapon. So you need other weapons to beat him as we did in 2014. We were without Adams on that final tell tale drive against Philly. Maybe if he is still there we score and possibly win in OT.

I don't think it's quite that simple. Plus when Adams is out, there's no telling really who Rodgers will be looking at. I don't necessarily think it's just the quality of opponents we faced that has to do with the offense performing better without him. I think it's also partly a changing of the scheme and perhaps other receivers feeling with him out that they gotta step up.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's quite that simple. Plus when Adams is out, there's no telling really who Rodgers will be looking at. I don't necessarily think it's just the quality of opponents we faced that has to do with the offense performing better without him. I think it's also partly a changing of the scheme and perhaps other receivers feeling with him out that they gotta step up.
Similar to the Favre Packers adjusting to Life Without Sterling. It will become receiver by committee. Players will get hungry when they know the PT is there and they can make their bones. A young pass catcher who was not highly touted when he started did just that when Packer receivers like Antonio Freeman departed. His name was Donald Driver.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Cook and or Mattison need to be playing. The Packers just didn't respect the Vikings run game and the Vikings O-line didn't do enough for the run game. The O-line has been an issue for the last few years. If they ever get that up to a reasonable level we might just make it. Everyone wants to blame Cousins, and while he didn't play great, the Packers D was in the backfield on almost every play.

As to the Packers. I see a problem with their offense in the postseason. They have Adams and Jones. And no one else seems to be able or willing to step up. IF a team takes Adams out of play, Jones won't be enough. Packers need another offensive weapon or it's going to be a short post-season for them.

Yes, it would be nice to have a couple of other offensive weapons but it is remarkable what Adams can do seeing most defenses make it a point to limit his production every week.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Similar to the Favre Packers adjusting to Life Without Sterling. It will become receiver by committee. Players will get hungry when they know the PT is there and they can make their bones. A young pass catcher who was not highly touted when he started did just that when Packer receivers like Antonio Freeman departed. His name was Donald Driver.

Perhaps Lazard will become our next Donald Driver? :unsure:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As bad as the Vikings looked on Monday night, they are still a very dangerous team in the playoffs with Dalvin Cook. How would the Packers look without Aaron Jones or Jamal Williams? Their defense is forcing turnovers. I sure hope the Packers beat the Lions so the Vikings have to go to NO. Facing Drew Brees at home os a rall order.
They looked great with out Adams

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps Lazard will become our next Donald Driver? :unsure:
What I like about him and he can get better is that 6'5" frame. He can get up for the ball. He can block. If he can learn to run the defender then make those stops or cut backs like Jordy Nelson did he can be dangerous.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone on another Packers forum suggested Lazard could be prime candidate to move to TE. What do you fellas think of this?
Not so sure. He could run some of the routes certainly. But even with his height and blocking ability he'd get hurt.

D

Deleted member 6794

As bad as the Vikings looked on Monday night, they are still a very dangerous team in the playoffs with Dalvin Cook.

The Vikings are a very good team but with the way the Packers defense dominated the LOS on Monday Cook wouldn't have made any difference.

Cousins struggling in Monday night games isn't based on a single one though but his inability to win at least one out of nine during his career.

While his passer rating of 89.5 isn't terrible his teams scoring an average of only 17.2 points in those games is pedestrian at best.

I highly doubt the Vikings will come back to win at Lambeau during the playoffs.

It's nothing more than coincidence that the Packers have scored a lot of points without Adams. They definitely need him on the field to be successful in the playoffs.

Kumerow on the other hand ...

Kumerow would have to add 30 pounds to be a fit at tight end as well.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
...and??? It's not like speed is an asset with him. He runs decent routes, appears to be competent short range, blocks OK downfield and is willing "to get dirty." I figured he'd need 10kg minimum.

D

Deleted member 6794

...and??? It's not like speed is an asset with him. He runs decent routes, appears to be competent short range, blocks OK downfield and is willing "to get dirty." I figured he'd need 10kg minimum.

I guess Kumerow would be too slow to have an impact as a receiver with an additional 30 pounds.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are a very good team but with the way the Packers defense dominated the LOS on Monday Cook wouldn't have made any difference.

Cousins struggling in Monday night games isn't based on a single one though but his inability to win at least one out of nine during his career.

While his passer rating of 89.5 isn't terrible his teams scoring an average of only 17.2 points in those games is pedestrian at best.

I highly doubt the Vikings will come back to win at Lambeau during the playoffs.

It's nothing more than coincidence that the Packers have scored a lot of points without Adams. They definitely need him on the field to be successful in the playoffs.

He certainly won't get there on a Slim Fast Diet.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Disagree..with out Cook the Def game plan was to stop Cousins..

Cook is something like number 3 in total yards from scrimmage...him back in there changes the whole game plan

The Def still could have had a great game but it wouldn't have been as easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts