Is anyone actually afraid of the Vikings?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming in with things like “Cousins has outplayed Rodgers” is just begging for a reaction. I’d say he got one fitting for his request.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Vikings comeback against a three win team may be discounted, most teams wouldn't have made the right adjustments. The Broncos gave a good defense. To put up 27 in one half against them shows that they will be a tough out in the playoffs. Their balance between the pass and run along with a good defense that can get off the field and force punts is not to be underrated.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
While the Vikings comeback against a three win team may be discounted, most teams wouldn't have made the right adjustments. The Broncos gave a good defense. To put up 27 in one half against them shows that they will be a tough out in the playoffs. Their balance between the pass and run along with a good defense that can get off the field and force punts is not to be underrated.
Even though I think Cousins will fold in the playoffs, they are a team I would prefer not to face.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You have to consider Rodgers suffering a broken collarbone in 2017 and playing injured for all of last season though.
Right.

And regardless of who has "played better" or who has had the better statistics or the better team, there will never be a time that Kirk Cousins is a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers. Unless Rodgers gets to the point that Brady is at right now.

D

Deleted member 6794

And regardless of who has "played better" or who has had the better statistics or the better team, there will never be a time that Kirk Cousins is a better quarterback than Aaron Rodgers. Unless Rodgers gets to the point that Brady is at right now.

Don't get me wrong, the Vikings are a pretty good team. That's not because of Cousins but despite him being their starting quarterback, no matter what the numbers might indicate.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leave Raptorman be. Meaningless stats like these are his sole consolation as he cries himself to sleep whilst watching us go further into postseason than them.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina was definitely way, way out of line. Raptorman has been allowed for years though to bring a complete anti-Packer tone to a Packer message board, though, and I'm not really sure why. And then he gets taken aback when he meets resistance.

If I brought the opposite tone onto purplepainforums.com and started trashing the Vikings defense and started questioning the legitimacy of their championships, well, championship, I would be run out of there quickly.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Vikings game yesterday was both really impressive and really unimpressive.

They allowed a terrible offense, led by someone named Brandon Allen, to boat race them in their own building at home and they escaped with the win by the hairs of their chinny chin chin.

They also came back from a 20-0 halftime deficit, which almost never happens.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ultimate reality and answer to the question is that there are a lot of really good teams in the NFC this year. San Francisco, New Orleans, Green Bay, Minnesota, and Seattle are all legitimate contenders with very little separation between any of them and any could end up going on a run in January depending on how things shake out. That's all. It isn't about being afraid or unafraid of anyone.

I could see any one of the five above teams winning against any of the others on any given day, which is part of what makes locking up the division and getting a first round bye so important this season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I think Cousins will fold in the playoffs, they are a team I would prefer not to face.
I'm thinking I don't want to face anyone. Just a bye to the super bowl and then not have to play Baltimore.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver coaching staff is the dud of the week. Some terrible play calls on O and lack of adjustments on D in the second half. Fangio is not a great head coach. The stupid INT tossed by Allen just before the half probably cost them the game all by itself. Should have been able to cash in for at least a field goal on the gifted Vike turnover. Terrible decision to throw into traffic in the middle of the EZ.

I will also say the Vikes got most of the close calls from the refs. Some highly ungenerous spots for the Broncos on their last series. Lots of contact from Vike d-backs also didn't get called. Though the last play certainly could have been called a push-off by the receiver.

It would have been so nice to be two games ahead of the Vikes. Ah, well. A championship-worthy team should earn its success. The good news is that the Packers pretty much control their destiny. Win out and they're the number one seed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought there were 3 penalties on that last play, Delay on the offense, OPI and DPI LOL

The game ended how it should have. I thought they could have won it prior to that last 4th down. Would have been very minimal time left and they left Fant completely uncovered. Rather than set, snap and toss it in the endzone for an easy TD. He sat there and surveyed the defense and then they eventually covered him up.

I'd need a replay, but my recollection is they could have easily won it with that.

I actually don't think the missed FG mattered. They would have kicked at FG with like 2 minutes left when presented with 4th down in FG range to take the lead. I don't have a lot of doubt that MN would have easily driven into FG range with that time left and the end result would be the same.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the time management was terrible. Wasted a lot of clock. Props to the Vikes for turning it around at the half, but Denver absolutely blew that game. They need a QB and a new head coach. Ordinarily I don't shed a tear for the Broncos, but the ONE game I wanted them to win . . .

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this a while back.

But I think it'll come down to how Cousins is playing. He's on a hot streak right now.

But honestly with the sort of talent he has with Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, Cook, etc he should throw for 4000+ yards and 40+ touchdowns with his eyes closed.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Carolina was definitely way, way out of line. Raptorman has been allowed for years though to bring a complete anti-Packer tone to a Packer message board, though, and I'm not really sure why. And then he gets taken aback when he meets resistance.

If I brought the opposite tone onto purplepainforums.com and started trashing the Vikings defense and started questioning the legitimacy of their championships, well, championship, I would be run out of there quickly.

Well if facts are anti-Packer I would agree with you. But, are my facts wrong? Has Cousins played as well? If you go by wins and losses as well as other stats they are about even. That's not anti-Packer, that's just facts. If you want to talk about some other intangibles, sure, Rodgers is better. But Rodgers was hurt in 2017. So what happens if we go back to 2015 and 5 years' worth?

2015-2019
Code:
Cousins 40-33-2  53% win percentage
Rodgers 38-26-1  58% win percentage

The difference is 3.5 games over 5 years. So, answer this, what's the mark of a good QB? Everyone and I mean everyone has been on Cousins for his $83 million dollar deal and people everywhere have questioned it. He can't win. That's the beef. He can't win big games. That's not anti-Packer, it's just facts. 56-14. That's Brady's W/L for the same five years. So tell me, what does Brady have that any different? Believe it or not, their numbers are close. I won't make you guess. Brady has a defense. Always has.

http://pfref.com/tiny/RwP06

As to going to PP and questioning the defense, about half of them would agree with you right now.

As to questioning the one lone Championship, no one would believe you are Packer fan. Matter of fact, be careful discussing that, some here might not believe you are Packer fan.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well if facts are anti-Packer I would agree with you. But, are my facts wrong? Has Cousins played as well? If you go by wins and losses as well as other stats they are about even. That's not anti-Packer, that's just facts. If you want to talk about some other intangibles, sure, Rodgers is better. But Rodgers was hurt in 2017. So what happens if we go back to 2015 and 5 years' worth?

2015-2019
Code:
Cousins 40-33-2  53% win percentage
Rodgers 38-26-1  58% win percentage

The difference is 3.5 games over 5 years. So, answer this, what's the mark of a good QB? Everyone and I mean everyone has been on Cousins for his $83 million dollar deal and people everywhere have questioned it. He can't win. That's the beef. He can't win big games. That's not anti-Packer, it's just facts. 56-14. That's Brady's W/L for the same five years. So tell me, what does Brady have that any different? Believe it or not, their numbers are close. I won't make you guess. Brady has a defense. Always has.

http://pfref.com/tiny/RwP06

As to going to PP and questioning the defense, about half of them would agree with you right now.

As to questioning the one lone Championship, no one would believe you are Packer fan. Matter of fact, be careful discussing that, some here might not believe you are Packer fan.

A huge difference being is that Rodgers, including playoffs, is 18-17-1 (.514) vs. opponents that finished (or a currently on pace to do so) a season with a winning record since the start of the 2015 season. On the other hand Cousins has struggled against better competition (7-26, .212).

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and he's back begging for more Carolina responses.

The other week Cousins had like 400 yards, I watched the game and was like, did he do anything? It's like saying Blake is a better linebacker than Barr and Kendricks because of his stats. It's ludicrous. His position deserves nothing but Carolina responses and he knows it.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cousins is fine. He has some really good games and he has some where he disappears. He tends to not be very consistent and as was pointed out tends to put up great numbers against weak competion and struggle against better competition.

He's having a very nice season. We'll see where he ends up at the end of it against playoff competion.

He's never going to be in the elite tier of QBs but I don't have a negative opinion on his contract. That's just the price it's going to be for any above average FA quarterback.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings have so much talent around Cousins. He is not elite but is an ok QB. But they have receivers and a great RB and a ton of talent on D. They can play a great game and beat us if we make too many mistakes. But so could any other team. If we are on top of our game, I like us against anyone, but as we have seen, if we are not, we can be beaten. I am just glad after two long years missing the playoffs that we are back to being competitive as we have become used to over the last 25+ years. I remember our decades of suckage and do not ever want to be there again.

Members online

Latest posts