Injury Update Thread

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope the team will be in pretty good shape for the Cardinal game will never all hands on deck !

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Alex Van Pelt:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...after-one-practice-b99636232z1-362892261.html

This now just sounds like a classic case of a young dude who doesn't really understand how to stay off an injury until it's truly healed. Sounds like Ty was listening to too many people like JK64 and keeps aggravating the injury. Macho talk only goes so far.

Perhaps you are right. I am just frustrated because he is on week 10 and our receiving corps is in need of help.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a terrible season in general. I don't know what it is about our players, but we can not stay healthy. The last time we went to the SB, we had over 10+ players on IR. Even with last year's great run, Rodgers was playing hurt for almost the 2nd half of the season. The next year? Multiple people out with knee and ankle injuries. It's mind boggling.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Injuries.....Welcome to the NFL! During the course of 4 preseason and 16 regular season games, all teams have to deal with it. This is when the quality of depth comes into play. Or if you are the New England Patriots, you just have a good list of available street FA's to go grab.

But the Packers haven't been bitten that much harder by the injury bug then a lot of other teams, it just feels like it when it is your team.

I for one would be in favor of the expanding rosters to 60 at some point. A move that would help teams better prepare for the eventual injuries that every team faces.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing the PS expanded, but I like that they have to make decisions about who's in and who's out for game time.

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries.....Welcome to the NFL! During the course of 4 preseason and 16 regular season games, all teams have to deal with it. This is when the quality of depth comes into play. Or if you are the New England Patriots, you just have a good list of available street FA's to go grab.

But the Packers haven't been bitten that much harder by the injury bug then a lot of other teams, it just feels like it when it is your team.

I for one would be in favor of the expanding rosters to 60 at some point. A move that would help teams better prepare for the eventual injuries that every team faces.
I agree but will the Owners agree ??

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in favor of going back to two-way football and roster limits of 20 players. That should drive down team salaries and make ticket prices more affordable again! :roflmao:

Word on the street is that McCarthy activated Linsley on Sunday for backup purposes but that he's not yet ready to start in place of Tretter. Tretter seems to have turned into our best backup lineman. I wonder how well he could replace Bakhtiari?

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in favor of going back to two-way football and roster limits of 20 players. That should drive down team salaries and make ticket prices more affordable again! :roflmao:

Word on the street is that McCarthy activated Linsley on Sunday for backup purposes but that he's not yet ready to start in place of Tretter. Tretter seems to have turned into our best backup lineman. I wonder how well he could replace Bakhtiari?
If the league goes to 18 games they will have to go with a 60 man roster and dress 53 on game day do you see any other way?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing the PS expanded, but I like that they have to make decisions about who's in and who's out for game time.

That could work too, but my issue with PS Players is that they are available for other teams to snatch. So this isn't really an easy way to stay talented and deep. But if they put protection on other teams grabbing rookies, then it might work.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot the smiley. Since the question above mine was why 53 on gameday, I figured I'd ask the same about 60. Bigger numbers, sure, but what makes 60 and 53 the answer? :):) Two smileys to make sure nobody gets upset.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither Shields nor Bakhtiari practiced this week. Both will be given a chance to practice on Saturday.

Here is McCarthy's quote about some of the other injured players:
End Mike Daniels (hamstring) returned to practice on a limited basis, center Corey Linsley went from a full participant Wednesday to limited, and tight end Justin Perillo (hamstring) was added to the injury report as a limited participant.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...elds-wont-be-ready-b99640248z1-363506281.html

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Having Shields out for Sunday against the Cardinals, could be costly trying to defend the Cardinals passing game. I like our rookies, but would have preferred Shields in there against LF. Just hoping this doesn't turn into a Montgomery like layoff. Although they are saying concussion, he came down awfully ******* that shoulder.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our rookie too but I hate seeing slow *** no tackling Casey out there getting torched up and down the field.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Having Shields out for Sunday against the Cardinals, could be costly trying to defend the Cardinals passing game. I like our rookies, but would have preferred Shields in there against LF. Just hoping this doesn't turn into a Montgomery like layoff. Although they are saying concussion, he came down awfully ******* that shoulder.

Ive posted it before..With SS out, our pass def really has issues..

I would love to think they can get a scheme that will work, but I am not holding my breath...I am afraid the defensive passing game will suffer...This maybe a shoot out IF our offense can find their ammunition

Members online

Latest posts