2022 Training Camp Thread

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How good can Doubs be? Nobody knows. Not even Romeo knows. But I do know one thing, based on the interview. He has the right mindset to get as much out of his field time with Rodgers as anyone, as long as the breaks go his way.

I don't remember anyone anointing him as the #1 Packer receiver. I think those who say that someone has are padding their statements. All that's been said is that he has the tools, and the mindset, to become a darned good receiver. That doesn't say he'll be the #1 whatsoever. As far as receivers go, #2s are still extremely valuable assets to any team, and so are #3s. It's not a one man show.

Reaction score
It seems Doubs has the right mindset to have an impact early as well. I loved what he said about having lunch with Rodgers in the video below.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I agree with Mondio that I want to see Doubs making plays against opposing NFL cornerbacks as well before making any predictions on how he might end up developing.
I think that a “fast starter” in Practices gives a good indicator that his dial is pointing hard North. We know from even being casual fans that there are many new additions at any particular position that don’t show up this early.
For me personally, it speaks to him having a medium high floor. Where his ceiling eventually tops is anyones guess. We have to keep in mind that even great players like Aaron Rodgers or Davante Adams started relatively slow in comparison with their ceiling. So really universally we’re in wait and see mode with every Rookie, anytime, anywhere.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems Doubs has the right mindset to have an impact early as well. I loved what he said about having lunch with Rodgers in the video below.

I agree with Mondio that I want to see Doubs making plays against opposing NFL cornerbacks as well before making any predictions on how he might end up developing.

Nothing I say disagreed with that, there was discussion of wanting video - I was merely saying there has been plenty. It’s existence or not doesn’t christen him in anyway of anything but it does matter.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think last night showed he has some skills, and still quite a ways to go
I agree. I think he was surprised that the DB would rip the ball out and cause that turn over. I doubt if it will happen again. He threw a couple of solid blocks, and made a couple of real nice catches as well. Needs a little work on forcing his body position inside that of the defender, to prevent interceptions, but that will come very quickly with good coaching.

What I really smiled about is how he could use his cuts to create space against speedy DBs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He got open pretty easily on a couple. Love missed him for a TD and then the next one they both made it look easy. Very encouraging.

He had a slight bobble on both this contested balls. One he secured for the first down after a prior drop and the other gave the DB an opportunity to take it and he did. He can catch, I believe he’ll get that cleaned up.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB signing Kicker Ramiz Ahmed. Doesn't bode well for Brkic as the roster needs to be pared down to 85 by 3PM Tuesday.

Reaction score
He got open pretty easily on a couple. Love missed him for a TD and then the next one they both made it look easy. Very encouraging.
Yes I remember that once. That series was also really Loves identity thus far summed up. Once he gets into a rhythm he can be dangerous to opponents. He throws a sloppy one and then hits a difficult pass easily. That’s more rare than the reverse.

What’s frustrating to me is I see a QB that’s really just a couple of throws per game off target (or being cleaned up) away from turning the tide. I’m not saying in comparison to a HOF QB, but moreso an adequate to good level backup QB that’s still riding. I also see a ultra competitive QB with a powerful arm and fearless demeanor being refined on the delicate stuff.

I actually agree with several others that’s he’s not where he needs to be a lower grade, effective starter. Yet he’s not far away at this point either.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Elgton Jenkins, Robert Tonyan and Christian Watson are coming off PUP today. LaFleur indicates it’s just a first step and doesn’t guarantee any of them will be ready for Week 1. Once the three practice, however, they can not be placed on regular season PUP. Pretty significant step forward for all three.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't look now but if you watched the Niners game some, Alize Mack is a bigger but proved athletic catcher at ND that blocked very well in that game...I suspect he is going to be kept around as a future possible replacement build for a Lewis type guy in 2023 or later.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB signing Kicker Ramiz Ahmed. Doesn't bode well for Brkic as the roster needs to be pared down to 85 by 3PM Tuesday.
I’ve barely seen Brkic kick, but everytime I have he doesn’t look like he’s any sort of adequate replacement. May as well start churning

Reaction score
The new guy has a freaking giant leg....but not best accuracy record....
He really does have a big leg as he made a 61 yarder recently. But shorter accuracy is an issue.
What do think about setting him up for 61 yarders on a regular basis?

PS. Before you answer that, just remember that I do have some Polish bloodline

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He really does have a big leg as he made a 61 yarder recently. But shorter accuracy is an issue.
What do think about setting him up for 61 yarders on a regular basis?

PS. Before you answer that, just remember that I do have some Polish bloodline

If unlimited roster spots I say carry him and Crosby...kickoffs and 50+ yarders this kid comes in...otherwise Crosby. Meanwhile teach Crosby to be a gunner on punts so he has value elsewhere LOL

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was high on Randy Ramsey, OLB, recovering from his '21-season-ending ankle injury and becoming a force as #3 or #4 OLB... STILL has ankle problems a year later so today he was released. :( Still 4 more cuts to make before 3PM Tuesday 8/16.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was high on Randy Ramsey, OLB, recovering from his '21-season-ending ankle injury and becoming a force as #3 or #4 OLB... STILL has ankle problems a year later so today he was released. :( Still 4 more cuts to make before 3PM Tuesday 8/16.
Injuries have claimed so many promising careers. There's no way to diagnose which will be recovered from, and which will be chronic.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Enagbare is a riser, he had a 20% QB pressure rate in his limited preseason appearance. He also followed that up in the ensuing practice for what was deemed 2 possible Sacks on Rodgers.

While you spend the time here. Also Watch DT Akial Byers #98 use his hands and momentum to make sure he’s there to do any mop up duty. Sudfeld is fortunate he fell on that play. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm awaiting it to show on an official transaction wire but sadly this doesn't surprise me. Dude was an athlete that showed immense promise and then injury plagued.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm awaiting it to show on an official transaction wire but sadly this doesn't surprise me. Dude was an athlete that showed immense promise and then injury plagued.
From Spotrac NFL transactions...

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually do trust Spotrac. Updating OP on the thread that shows active roster guys.

D

Deleted member 6794

I’ve barely seen Brkic kick, but everytime I have he doesn’t look like he’s any sort of adequate replacement. May as well start churning

I have never seen a kicker miss a 32-yard field goal by that much. As far as I can tell that ball hit the ground in a different ZIP code than Levi's Stadium is located in. No surprise Brkic was released the next day.

I usually do trust Spotrac. Updating OP on the thread that shows active roster guys.

While the Packers didn't announce any move regarding Ramsey they officially released C Cole Schneider and CB Donte Vaughn.

D

Deleted member 6794

Members online

Latest posts