Injury Update Thread

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton is just resting his back, it doesn't look like a re-injury of it: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/sitton-trying-to-get-back-ready-b99635759z1-362742271.html

From the same article, this is what McCarthy had to say about Montgomery: "He's progressing, hopefully he can get through a week of practice." That doesn't look particularly promising to me and although it's been 2 months, I'd still prefer they error on the side of caution. I'm not sure about Shields - will they go as late as Saturday to make a decision on him?

So are glaciers.
That's good to know about Sitton; I thought it was a new injury.
With a concussion, I'd always wait as long as possible.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More on Ty Montgomery:
Rookie wide receiver Ty Montgomery did not practice Thursday as he continues battling a high ankle sprain suffered on Oct. 18.

Montgomery, whose recovery time has now reached two months, practiced Wednesday in a limited capacity. That he was sidelined just one day later, for a non-padded practice no less, is certainly not a good sign for this week's game against the Oakland Raiders — and perhaps beyond.
Media confirmation that it's a high ankle sprain.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/362823151.html

D

Deleted member 6794

Sam Shields has been ruled out for Sunday's game and won't make the trip to Oakland.

D

Deleted member 6794

Did anyone else read that Adams was pulled out of yesterday's practice because of a foot injury?

Yeah, he suffered a heel injury. The team is still collecting information about the severity of it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No Montgomery, maybe no Adams.....I think we may see more of Janis and lets hope that its at WR and not a lot at returning kicks.

With 4 healthy WR's; Cobb, Jones, Abby and Janis.....things are pretty thin. Especially given the inexperience of Abby and Janis. Any street FA's out there worth thinking about? The 2 guys on the PS are greener then green.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Although agreeably Abby and Janis are somewhat green, they've both had nearly 2 years under the tutelage of this Offensive Scheme. I think it would be wise though to limit their exposure as receivers so we can keep Janis on ST and relatively fresh where he's been an impact player and sending Abby on some of those deeper sideline routes he's been effective at this year. That means splitting reps as the #3 etc..
Any reduction in targets I'd use to explore the short passing game with Eddie n James and even Crockett out of the backfield early n often.
It'll be interesting this week for many reasons but one of the top ones will be to see how Bulaga holds up under pressure off the edge. Even though he's not 100% I think he won't give up more than 1 sack and several hurries against the leagues leading pass rusher

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the hell did Adams injure his heal?? Was this injury at practice? TT needs to IR the whimp Montgomery and get a reciever that actually wants to play football. The Packers' medical staff has blown Ty Montgomery's diagnosis and rehab that has lasted nine weeks.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One positive(if you can say someone getting hurt is a positive)is it may force the staff to look at different option in the passing game. An option that is willing to play hard,fight for the ball, and more importantly catch the damn ball. I am sorry but it irks me to see someone half heartedly run routes and half heartedly fight for the ball, and THEN when they don't catch it look for and whine for a flag

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
TT needs to IR the whimp Montgomery and get a reciever that actually wants to play football. The Packers' medical staff has blown Ty Montgomery's diagnosis and rehab that has lasted nine weeks.
Which is it? Is Montgomery a wimp who doesn't want to play football or did the medical staff blow the diagnosis? Calling him a wimp and saying he doesn't want to play football seems ridiculous to me since you don't know the extent of his injury and haven't observed him day-to-day. From what we've read, it looks to me like Montgomery has come back too early a couple of times now and suffered setbacks because of it. If true that would make him the opposite of a wimp and looks very much like a guy who wants to play football. BTW, I'd be careful calling anyone who has the courage to return KOs in the NFL names.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the little I got to see of Montgomery, the term "wimp" doesn't seem to fit. Seems to be a hard worker and could be an explosive player with the ball in his hands. I really, really wanted to see him back this year, but at this point I'm guessing the only reason he isn't on IR now is because there is nobody worth bringing up or in that could offer any more than the slight "chance" he could make it back on the field at some point.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not at all comfortable with even implying any degree of cowardice to anyone who plays in the NFL.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Going to need to consider the IR for Monty to open a roster spot. I think he had another setback....it's not that he isn't ready yet.....it's that something happenened again.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Chad Clifton was here he was fairly healthy until his last season. Except for the Warren Sapp collision which was due to a Favre INT he stayed on the field. Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle also stayed on the field during their tenure.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I'm not expecting anything from Montgomery even if he does make it back on the field.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Alex Van Pelt:
"It's been a rough road for him. I know he's fought to come back a few different times and has a little setback here and there."
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...after-one-practice-b99636232z1-362892261.html

This now just sounds like a classic case of a young dude who doesn't really understand how to stay off an injury until it's truly healed. Sounds like Ty was listening to too many people like JK64 and keeps aggravating the injury. Macho talk only goes so far.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No big injuries that I remember seeing or have read about. However, I noticed that Linsley was active but Tretter played in his place.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, I just found an ESPN article that reminded me about Bakhtiari and also said that Jayrone Elliot left with a quad injury.

Members online

Latest posts