Injury Update Thread

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahktiari and Shields both out for this game. Hope we have them either next week or for the Wild Card game.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that Bakhtiari was very close to 100% but wasn't given the green light. That's at least promising for the playoff game vs Washington. I suspect that Shields was also being held out until the playoffs for good measure as well. We shall see.

I don't remember seeing any significant injuries last night. Hyde got hurt but came back. I heard the sideline reporter say that Datone, Neal, or someone was hurt but have blurred memory today.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Datone left with a "neck" injury. I didn't see it clearly, but I think he may have hurt himself bumping a teammate after a sack and I saw him running out holding his shoulder? At first I thought it was Neal, but later they said Datone was out, so I'm not sure who it was. I never saw a replay

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When I read that Lacy may be out due to a "rib injury" my mind immediately thought of McRibs and wondered if he had eaten too many and wasn't going to be able to play.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he can't go he can't go. Rodgers can run for his life for one more game. You staff your roster with back up linemen for the season and not one of them can play left tackle. One of Ron Wolf's greatest moves was acquiring Bruce Wilkerson in 1996 to fill in when Ken Ruetgers was forced to retire and John Michels turned out to be a slug. Great inexpensive pick up. The next year he drafted Ross Verba to fill the spot. He was more suited to guard but way overpaid.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he can't go he can't go. Rodgers can run for his life for one more game. You staff your roster with back up linemen for the season and not one of them can play left tackle. One of Ron Wolf's greatest moves was acquiring Bruce Wilkerson in 1996 to fill in when Ken Ruetgers was forced to retire and John Michels turned out to be a slug. Great inexpensive pick up. The next year he drafted Ross Verba to fill the spot. He was more suited to guard but way overpaid.

Sort of like going into 2013 with Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzein as the back-up qb options. But what could happen to Rodgers so why worry?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Bruce Wilkerson - and Howard Green - are the kind of low risk free agent acquisitions I'd like to see Thompson pursue more. I understand Green became available in-season but still... IMO Thompson really needs to bring in a vet - even if he's near the end of his career - to backup/play LT because he can't count on a draft pick or a player currently on the roster to fill that spot.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sort of like going into 2013 with Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzein as the back-up qb options. But what could happen to Rodgers so why worry?
If Rodgers were to go down he's got the whole off season to heal since this would be the last game.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching pre-game. Seems they'll work out Bak before the game and decide on him then.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No word on Shields or Bahktiari yet.

Jayrone Elliott should be back from his quad injury: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...lliott-could-return-against-arizona/78714072/

Here is a great article about Ty Montgomery's injury. He had surgery two weeks ago to repair ligament and cartilage damage in his ankle: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ard-to-next-season-b99650312z1-365082641.html

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said the only player who won't practice on Wednesday is receiver Davante Adams (knee). McCarthy said cornerback Sam Shields "had a really good workout yesterday; he's going to do some on-field workout today" but is still in the concussion protocol. Left tackle David Bakhtiari (ankle) also will do some work.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/

D

Deleted member 6794

Quinten Rollins didn´t practice today, as of right now the team hasn´t released any information about the reason for it.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rob Demovsky
"Only two players not doing anything at Packers practice on Wednesday were receiver Davante Adams (knee) and cornerback Quinten Rollins (quad). Both were riding exercise bikes."

Wait, if they were completely injured, why would they be on the exercise bike? Wouldn't you risk getting injured further that way?

Members online

Latest posts