Injury Update Thread

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You can't pretend that 2013 didn't happen. He's been in this league since 2010 so:

2010 = 16 games - 1 season (played in 16)
2011 = 16 games - 2 seasons (played in 12)
2012 = 16 games - 3 seasons (played in 9)
2013 = 16 games - 4 seasons (played 0)
2014 = 16 games - 5 seasons (played in 15)
2015 = 12 games - 6th season in process (played in 8)

That's 92 possible games of which your correct that he's only played in 60, which is 65%.
You're right - nfl.com didn't list 2013 because he didn't play in a game and I didn't notice the omission.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agreed with the decision to resign Bulaga. But I think that too many injuries have taken too much of a toll on him, and that he's now on the downhill slide.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And I'd love to see Philbin back on the staff.

Coach Philbin suffered a major traumatic family loss when he was with the Packers. I can understand it if he really doesn't want to be back in the area. He was good for the Packers, but it might be too much on him emotionally to come back.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say that's accurate but unfair. The guy had an ankle injury and re-injured it. For a rookie on a traditionally WR-rich team, there shouldn't have been so much focus on his return from the fans & media and pressure from himself to get out there. I'm not calling him Nick Perry anytime soon.
I'm pretty sure he was on pace for a bigger rookie season than Nelson or Cobb, not that he's in anything close to the same situation, but he was fun to watch as well, if a bit too conservative for the kind of player he is.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right - nfl.com didn't list 2013 because he didn't play in a game and I didn't notice the omission.
No worries. The big thing is that he is a good player and we'd all just like to see him there most of the time.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would hope there would be personnel changes as well, and if the GM refuses to be aggressive and relies strictly again on the draft and undrafted FA's , then I'd hope for changes at the top , too.
Watching badgers/Marquette play. Bo wins every year with few blue chippers. It's what good coaching can do. At any level.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Watching badgers/Marquette play. Bo wins every year with few blue chippers. It's what good coaching can do. At any level.
I agree on Bo - a great and soon to be a HOF coach. Great comeback today but just couldn't close it out. This year's team could really use the offense provided by Pritzl and Van Vliet.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be argumentative, but coaching, while important, is just a part of the equation. It always comes down to playmakers (do you have enough of them?) making plays and execution.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on Bo - a great and soon to be a HOF coach. Great comeback today but just couldn't close it out. This year's team could really use the offense provided by Pritzl and Van Vliet.
You're correct. It will be quite the feat if he gets this team in the NCAA tourney, but I'm not counting him out.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should all be happy with a game in which the worst injury was a concussion to Sam Shields. Hopefully our o-line and DBs keep healing... I guess that goes for our receiving targets as well

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tretter seems to be as good as Linsley, so we need both. Perry needs to go. Montgomery healthy for the stretch run would be great. It's up to the offense to make this a successful season--which means getting to, and winning, the Championship imo.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sprained my ankle bad when I was 24...high ankle sprain. I was in a soft cast for the first two weeks until the swelling went down, a hard cast for 1.5 months, and after two full months was off crutches. It took me a month or so to get to the point where I could run hard again but it was still tough to cut.

Some sprains are worse than others. I had broken that ankle twice before then and nothing compared to that sprain.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes it's just the human body doing its thing, unless you have a Terrell Owens hyperbaric chamber.

Uncle Rico

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sprained my ankle bad when I was 24...high ankle sprain. I was in a soft cast for the first two weeks until the swelling went down, a hard cast for 1.5 months, and after two full months was off crutches. It took me a month or so to get to the point where I could run hard again but it was still tough to cut.

Some sprains are worse than others. I had broken that ankle twice before then and nothing compared to that sprain.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes it's just the human body doing its thing, unless you have a Terrell Owens hyperbaric chamber.

Is it a high ankle sprain or just a (low???) ankle sprain? I can't remember but I thought someone told me it wasn't that severe.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that I've seen any communication from the Packers indicating what type of sprain it was for Montgomery.

Two important players Did Not Practice (DNP):
Packers Injury Report
Player (injury): Wednesday
LT David Bakhtiari (knee): Limited
RT Bryan Bulaga (ankle): Limited
DT Mike Daniels (hamstring): Limited
CB Casey Hamstring (hamstring): Full
RG T.J. Lang (shoulder): Limited
C Corey Linsley (ankle): Limited
LB Clay Matthews (ankle): Limited
WR Ty Montgomery (ankle): Limited
OLB Nick Perry (shoulder): Limited
CB Sam Shields (concussion): DNP
LG Josh Sitton (back): DNP

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey Hamstring (hamstring)...LMAO!!

On a serious note, Sitton having back issues is worrisome.

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shields Still has not been cleared to practice here on Thurs wonder if he will be able to play Sunday its not looking like it !

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
On a serious note, Sitton having back issues is worrisome.
Sitton is just resting his back, it doesn't look like a re-injury of it:
Over the past three seasons, Sitton has had on-again, off-again back problems and coach Mike McCarthy and the medical staff let him spend most of the week rehabbing to get himself ready to play. He can get away with it because he's the most veteran of the team's linemen, and someone who won't have a problem absorbing the game plan.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/sitton-trying-to-get-back-ready-b99635759z1-362742271.html

From the same article, this is what McCarthy had to say about Montgomery: "He's progressing, hopefully he can get through a week of practice." That doesn't look particularly promising to me and although it's been 2 months, I'd still prefer they error on the side of caution. I'm not sure about Shields - will they go as late as Saturday to make a decision on him?