Injury Update Thread

D

Deleted member 6794

We brought up Robertson Daniel (CB). Interesting move, but I guess we're thin in the secondary with Shields and Rollins both questionable.

The move is a bit surprising and leaves the team paper-thin at receiver. Not having another WR best suited to play on the outside aside of Jones and Janis has me extremely worried.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect a guy like Ed Williams to be able to contribute a whole lot, but given the reports that Adams probably won't be back anytime soon, you would have thought a WR would have been added for depth. Could be with both Shields and Rollins so questionable, CB was viewed as a greater depth need. Also, maybe Daniel is more ready then Williams or Johnson?

Also, Daniel may be better suited to play special teams.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't expect a guy like Ed Williams to be able to contribute a whole lot, but given the reports that Adams probably won't be back anytime soon, you would have thought a WR would have been added for depth. Could be with both Shields and Rollins so questionable, CB was viewed as a greater depth need. Also, maybe Daniel is more ready then Williams or Johnson?

I agree that I wouldn't have expected a ton out of Ed Williams or Jamel Johnson either but I wonder why the Packers even keep them on the practice squad when not even promoting them once the depth chart is down to four.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree that I wouldn't have expected a ton out of Ed Williams or Jamel Johnson either but I wonder why the Packers even keep them on the practice squad when not even promoting them once the depth chart is down to four.

TT is maybe just "scrounging and developing" with those 2 players?

Reaction score

Also, Daniel may be better suited to play special teams.
That was what they implied. We're thin on ST and we don't want our Corners to be in a compromising situation by multitasking positions.
Speaking of ST though, it sounds like Jayrone will be back into the mix. He's been stellar on ST so I expect us to win that battle. I hope he's healthy enough to get into our pass rush also.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The move is a bit surprising and leaves the team paper-thin at receiver. Not having another WR best suited to play on the outside aside of Jones and Janis has me extremely worried.

I wonder if this means they're pretty sure that either Rollins or Shields won't be able to go tomorrow....either one would be a big loss.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Ted's defensive lineman-to-linebacker position switches finally showing some promise as of late he's upped it to cornerback-to-wide receiver switches. Robertson Daniel on top of his name seemingly being backwards will be Rodgers' secret weapon in the passing attack;)

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sam Shields is active! Big news. Rollins also active.

Surprisingly, Gunter and Robertson Daniel are inactive. Must feel good about Shields and Rollins.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, you beat me to that on my edit. Must feel good about Shields and Rollins, no?

I guess so, I was a bit surprised to see Gunter was inactive though, given Shields and Rollins are both coming off injuries. not a lot of depth.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bakhtiari said he suffered five torn ligaments in his ankle but probably won´t need surgery during the offseason.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fare thee well, injury report thread. i've dreaded you for so long, yet here at our parting, i...

Members online

Latest posts