Injury Update Thread

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...and at the beginning of this season, people on this forum were talking up Bahktiari's increasing game
I've always said he's been overhyped , mostly because his last name wasn't Whitaker. He's below average. He's not quick and he is weak for an nfl tackle and added to those attributes he's been injured most of the year.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IIRC Philbin actually helped coach the OL after the bye week that season. Kinda why I'd want him back as a "consultant" this season.
I've tried to verify this in the past, but can't find any source. Something turned the o line around after the Lions debacle that year, that's for sure.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always said he's been overhyped , mostly because his last name wasn't Whitaker. He's below average. He's not quick and he is weak for an nfl tackle and added to those attributes he's been injured most of the year.

Agreed. I cringe every time it's not a short pass because I'm waiting on Rodgers to get hurt. That may be bad but at the same time I'm not confident it won't happen. Bahk is that bad.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In regards to Philbin, I remember reading something about him losing the guaranteed money he still has coming from the Dolphins if he takes another job. So this may be another factor with him not being here. I also just don't see TT or MM wanting to make that kind of move this late in the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Today's practice participation:

DNP: Corey Linsley

Limited: Bryan Bulaga, T.J. Lang, Clay Matthews, Ty Montgomery, Nick Perry, Josh Sitton

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Perry is hurt again? Might as well engrave his name on the injury list because its not going anywhere.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Ty Montgomery is a rainbow. His return from injury seems to be not far away, but it never arrives.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say that's accurate but unfair. The guy had an ankle injury and re-injured it. For a rookie on a traditionally WR-rich team, there shouldn't have been so much focus on his return from the fans & media and pressure from himself to get out there. I'm not calling him Nick Perry anytime soon.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
make that kind of move this late in the season.
Agreed. It would be great to have Philbin next year. If things don't turn around and we are an early out in the playoffs I would hope there are a number of coaching changes made.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Montgomery is able to play this week, even just get on the field and run around a bit. Doesn't even need the ball. Give him these next few weeks to work back into the offense and he could be valuable when we need him. But he's been out for a long time and is a rookie on top of it. By all accounts he was in the playbook, but it takes reps on the field at game speed to get things going and he hasn't even been able to take reps in practice, let alone try and get it to translate it on the field for quite a while now.

I think he's smart enough to get it, if he's healthy enough I think a couple games and he'll be hitting his stride. He could be the spark we need on offense. We don't need him to be a 10 catch 180 yard receiver, we need 3-7, a couple for a 1st down and one more able body in the receiving corps makes this offense different, and I think he's more than capable.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. It would be great to have Philbin next year. If things don't turn around and we are an early out in the playoffs I would hope there are a number of coaching changes made.

I would hope there would be personnel changes as well, and if the GM refuses to be aggressive and relies strictly again on the draft and undrafted FA's , then I'd hope for changes at the top , too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hope Montgomery is able to play this week

What is troubling to me is that he has been out almost 2 months now with a high ankle sprain and is going to be rusty on the field, I just hope that he has used the down time to REALLY study in the class and film rooms.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Montgomery is able to play this week, even just get on the field and run around a bit. Doesn't even need the ball. Give him these next few weeks to work back into the offense and he could be valuable when we need him. But he's been out for a long time and is a rookie on top of it. By all accounts he was in the playbook, but it takes reps on the field at game speed to get things going and he hasn't even been able to take reps in practice, let alone try and get it to translate it on the field for quite a while now.

I think he's smart enough to get it, if he's healthy enough I think a couple games and he'll be hitting his stride. He could be the spark we need on offense. We don't need him to be a 10 catch 180 yard receiver, we need 3-7, a couple for a 1st down and one more able body in the receiving corps makes this offense different, and I think he's more than capable.

I go along with your points, but what I bolded is the key. I wouldn't expect much. And it's not as if we're talking about a guy who was an impact player to begin with.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go along with your points, but what I bolded is the key. I wouldn't expect much. And it's not as if we're talking about a guy who was an impact player to begin with.
He showed the ability to make a play with the ball I think. and he doesn't have to be a 10 reception guy, 4 or 5, 3 for 1st downs when we need them and another guy they have to cover makes us better. I think that's all we need from him, and I don't think it's a very high expectation or out of the realm of possibility

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no reason to release Bakhtiari but I agree that he's the weakest link on the offensive line. I wouldn't mind bringing in a new left tackle next season, Bakhtiari would for sure be a decent back-up.
The Packers got a bargain in Bakhtiari. He was not cut from the same mold as Bulaga. I was surprised he survived as long as he did. But he is an upgrade from Newhorse, his predecessor. To bring in a better LT next season would be difficult. The $ are not there because we are paying the other linemen. And we need help in other positions.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remain convinced that Bulaga isn't worth the money for how much he is injured. When healthy he is great and a top notch personality in the locker room to boot. Nonetheless he misses games every year. Including his rookie season in 2010 (his only full season), he's only played in 65% of the regular season games. That's a lot of time using inferior talent in his place for the money.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first link is almost two weeks old, the second is shy of a day old. Looks like he is improving

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I remain convinced that Bulaga isn't worth the money for how much he is injured. When healthy he is great and a top notch personality in the locker room to boot. Nonetheless he misses games every year. Including his rookie season in 2010 (his only full season), he's only played in 65% of the regular season games. That's a lot of time using inferior talent in his place for the money.
Bulaga did play in every game as a rookie but only started after game four as Tauscher’s replacement at RT. Last year he started 15 of 16 games and other than his rookie year that’s the closest he’s come to playing all 16. But four regular seasons and 12 games this season is 76 possible games played. According to nfl.com, he’s played in 60 of those games (started 56 because he didn’t start until game 5 of 2010) and that’s about 79%. I agree he’s been injured a lot, but the way he finished last season it would have been very difficult for Thompson to let him walk. And he won’t be 27 years old until after this season.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first link is almost two weeks old, the second is shy of a day old. Looks like he is improving

Having listened to the Packers report on the progress of injured players over the years gives me zero confidence Monty will be back in any meaningful form this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm most disappointed in starting LT and depth of the O-line this year. It's pretty much a given that at least one or more O-lineman go down during the season, beyond Bulaga, Sitton, Lang and Linsley we are pretty thin in talent. Hopefully LT and depth will be something TT addresses come off season. But hard to fault TT too much on this one, think Bahk was viewed as a decent upcoming LT and Barclay was a multi-position back-up. Guess both of those players have proven him/us wrong.

Bahk and Tretter are serviceable back-up, but as far as LT goes, I think this is one position TT needs to finally dip into the FA market and sign a proven one.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But four regular seasons and 12 games this season is 76 possible games played. According to nfl.com, he’s played in 60 of those games (started 56 because he didn’t start until game 5 of 2010) and that’s about 79%.
You can't pretend that 2013 didn't happen. He's been in this league since 2010 so:

2010 = 16 games - 1 season (played in 16)
2011 = 16 games - 2 seasons (played in 12)
2012 = 16 games - 3 seasons (played in 9)
2013 = 16 games - 4 seasons (played 0)
2014 = 16 games - 5 seasons (played in 15)
2015 = 12 games - 6th season in process (played in 8)

That's 92 possible games of which your correct that he's only played in 60, which is 65%.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts